What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Afghani 2006

Reibsi

High guys............Good to be back. Heres a few pics from my veg rack.....their are nine double rows of T 8`s ..........5000 and 6500 k side by side...This is that wonderful Afghani strain i grew last year. It is the one that will flower outdoors anytime of the year. We keep them growing under 22 - 24 hrs of light..............anything less and they will flower.....i kid you not. You can see in the single plant pic how i keep them short and tight under this type of lighting.
They were topped and are now about 6 inches tall with no less then 3 - 5 main leads. I will be documenting the entire grow here for my friends. This is the strain that i crossed my Burmese Skunk with to drasticly shorten the finnishing time....i hope you`ll all drop by......your Canadian Compadre Reibsi.

Last edited:
Hey Reibsi, looking great.

Do you have more than one crop a year with an auto like that?

I would be putting cutting's out as soon as the frost had gone and then all summer .

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Hello Reibsi...

wud up? I see a happy nurcery right there...

I remember clearly your afghani thread 2005... a lot of beautiful tri-tip-leafs afghani...
you had a entire "field" if I remember right...

I'll follow this grow too 4 shure...

good luck...

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
I aswell remember your thread from OG. :D Lets hope you get a good harvest this year. GL!

Ckayill420

Good luck with your grow reibsi. I remember last years grow on OG and it was awsome. Cant wait to watch this years.

Peace...............Clayill420

Reibsi

[WRAP="Do you have more than one crop a year with an auto like that?"]Do you have more than one crop a year with an auto like that?[/WRAP]

Skunkmasterflex........last year we did 3 seperate grows with the Afghanis. We put them out in pots 3 wks apart. The total yield is dependent on the size of the clone when it goes outside. They will take the usual stretch and in roughly 2 wks they will start to flower. The picture below is the Afghani in all its glory.
The final product has a strong musky hash flavour and really hits you hard..........especially the last run of the 3 that benefitted BIG time from the cooler late August - Early September nights.........the trichs on that perticular run were as thick as snow and ran down the buds for about 2 inches before it tapered off to some still serious crystal.

Clayhill,T.doT.Toker and WAMEN...........good to see you guys. OG refugees are everywhere. I`ll try not to dissapoint you guys..........thanx for dropping in.

WAMEN............This strain came from a guy that was working at a major Billion Dollar construction prodject that a friend of mine worked at...........He then gifted it to me. I`ve never seen anything like it and i`ve been growing since the late 80`s..............so i consider myself one lucky Mountain Man...lol

Last edited:

WAMEN

Veteran
yeah ..thats an extra good stran indeed...

if you remember ..I grew some afghani x Hindu Kush last year too...
thaz one of my favourite genethics at all...superb...
really strong...

Reibsi

WAMEN

WAMEN

I can`t remember the thread but i do remember the strain. I like the Afghani punch and with some kush in to boot! I bet it has some kind of flavour.
Heres another pic of the Afghanis...........This group will go outside in about 3 more wks. :yoinks:

lemonade

Veteran
Damn, nice setup. I imagine your going to have some beautiful bushes.

How many clones have you got going there?

G

that afghani strain is mouth-watering! so they autoflower but you are still able to clone them?

WAMEN

Veteran
glock23....you should pay more attention to what the grower says ,instead of just watchin the pix and read a few posts after...

thats not an outoflowering afghani strain...its all due to the reibsi technique...they grow 4 all the first period under 24/24 of light...than anything less makes them bloom.

peace

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Last you were just growing the afghani, the cross you did last year, correct?

I remember you talking about wanting to make crosses, if only for seeds..

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hey man! I loved your plants from last year, I look forward to your season this time around, good luck to you!

Reibsi

ixnay007.............I did make some seeds last year but not of the Afghani cross. The Afghani cross was made 3 years ago and that is the main strain that i grow now. I did document both strains here last year.

BACKCOUNTRY..........I remember your grows from last year.........very nice indeed. thanx for dropping by my little corner of Cyber Space. I`ve got a few new TEST strains............so i`m looking forward to hitting the bush.

Hey Reibsi,

I have a few question's for you if you don't mind.

Do you have any idea what part of Afganistan your strain come's from?

Is it landrace?

What's the flavour like pure afgani?

thank's

halfdef

Reibsi, nice to see the Afghani autoflower strain kickin` again.

I loved following your flowering last year (though on OG). I was blown away by the mature plants that you chopped in mid-august (first wave). man that strain is the heater! I hope you the best of luck for this season. Also if you ever do make an initial public offering of these beans I hope that you will post here and give heads who dream of the strain a chance to scoop it.

On another note BACKCOUNTRY it is nice to see you doing well, your grows last season rocked, and your friendly and informative advice kicked down serious help!

peace halfdef

Latest posts

Latest posts