1st res change for GDP 1

Ph before res change 6.2/ppm 387
Added 3ml of each 3 part GH flora series phd res to 5.7/5.8. PPM is at 305

GDP 1

GDP 2 still waiting for roots to poke through net pot Ph 5.5/5.6 ppm 284

GDP 3 (Soil FFOF) coming along slowly. Looking healthy

Dope time

They look super healthy.Do Miss That and the Speed the Bubble Buckets give
Forgot about that tube on the side of the Singles other than Getting it Caught on Stuff lol [not really]
Remember Roughly 13.3/4 ltrs is what took the water Level to the Underside of the Built in Net Pot

Dope time

Chem4D Added Directly too Larger Cube Then too DWC Joining SLOW 2week 4 day H/W Flowering Crop in Coir soon as root was spotted.
4 Airlines! Spare and Uses 8 watts so why not!
picture.php

Alterations as Progress Happens Of Course

Update Day 27 from seed.

Heres the roots of my bigger plant. I did the first res change back on the 12th of this month and i noticed a little discolor in the roots. I noticed it the day after i did a res change. Could this be from the nutrients dying the roots? Im using GH flora series 3 part.

Sorry the pics a little blurry but heres a pic of the roots (you can see discoloration on some of the roots)

Heres a pic of how she looks

If it was root rot what the plants leaves show stress or discoloring? They look healthy but seeing that color in the roots has me a little paranoid..

I have 2 femanized grand doggy purps in two 5 gallon dwc buckets. Im using GH 3 part flora series. My ph is between 5.8-6.2. They are about 28 days from seed. When i changed my res i noticed the roots started to has a discoloration to them. They werent as white as before. I noticed it the day after i changed my res. heres some pics

Roots

Heres a picture of that plant

Is this root root/slime or am i just being paranoid?

Hers the smaller plant in the dwc. Its about 4-5 days behind the other one. I have yet to change the res on this one and the roots are still white

Hers that plant

Should i just not change the res? Iv read that some people never change the res in veg only in flower..

When topping off should i just add tap water and ph the res?

Snype

Veteran
Hopefully you have been running chlorine in the system the entire time at between 0.5 ppm - 1 ppm. If you have any root problems, they would show in the plants any day now. Hopefully you don't get those problems cause you probably won't be able to fix them once they start in DWC.

As far as Rez Changes in DWC, I always change my Rez's at least every 2 weeks no matter what stage that I'm in.

Hopefully you have been running chlorine in the system the entire time at between 0.5 ppm - 1 ppm. If you have any root problems, they would show in the plants any day now. Hopefully you don't get those problems cause you probably won't be able to fix them once they start in DWC.

As far as Rez Changes in DWC, I always change my Rez's at least every 2 weeks no matter what stage that I'm in.

Ok thanks, i actually didn't see the chlorine tip until after i was in the middle of this grow. Where do you get the chlorine? I will add it in my next grow unless i can still add it now. I noticed the dis color after my first res change back on oct 12th. And now going back through some of my pics i see a little of it when i had the seedlings in the rock wool cubes

Its kind of hard to see but if you look closely you can see the dis color on the end of cppl of the roots.

The plant itself is very healthy and green and i don't see any problems besides the discolor in roots.

Snype

Veteran
Ok thanks, i actually didn't see the chlorine tip until after i was in the middle of this grow. Where do you get the chlorine? I will add it in my next grow unless i can still add it now. I noticed the dis color after my first res change back on oct 12th. And now going back through some of my pics i see a little of it when i had the seedlings in the rock wool cubes

Its kind of hard to see but if you look closely you can see the dis color on the end of cppl of the roots.

[URL=http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/382/cnj3.jpg]View Image[/URL]

The plant itself is very healthy and green and i don't see any problems besides the discolor in roots.

You can find all of my chlorine tips in both of my RDWC threads within the first 2 pages. Look in my signature. Without chlorine, RDWC is very risky. Before I used chlorine, at least 50% of my crops would never survive. After Chlorine, I had 100% success rate. Do what you want to do because it's your plants but if your plants die soon, it's not because of the chlorine. It's because they had root problems. Not saying that you have root problems now but if you do, there's almost no fix in RDWC. Once you have problems, it's pretty much over. Hopefully you are fine though. You can't wait until you have problems to add chlorine. You need to be using it as a preventative before you get problems.

I just did a complete res change with fresh nutes/water and an hour later both plants were droopy.

I checked the ph right away and it drifted up to around 6.8 so i lowered back to 5.9/6.0 and i lowered the water level a bit. What causes droopy plants in DWC and how long do they took to recover?

I think it might of been shock.... my res temps were always around low 70s and when i did my res change the new water was 60-61 degrees. They are looking a little better today. Hopefully they will be back to normal tomorrow or Monday, not sure what i can really do but wait

I grew this strain, had multiple phenos too. Grew her out twice, both times all came out poorly, nothing like the pic they show. Very sativa. I wasn't happy scrapped the bitch! Maybe you will have better luck!

S

SPG*

DWC offers the Fastest Growth Possible so I wouldn't be too worried about 1 or 2 yellow Roots.
Still.. ^ Add some Liquid Co2 and this Stuff for total Reasurrance,man

picture.php

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
How does carbon dioxide help in a oxygen dependant rootzone?

I would think co2 in the rez would help kill roots due to lack of oxygen and increased Co2.

Latest posts

Latest posts