What's new

Day 58 MMM - Do these trichs look ready

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Wow, those pics are tough to look at, got some motion blur going there :D

Looks like they're just starting to go amber. I like to harvet at 80/20 cloudy/amber, which is too early for some, but even I'd let those go a few more days.

JWP

Amber means your THC is degenerating. It’s all downhill from there. As soon as I see any amber trichomes I harvest. But that’s just my way of doing things. Why not harvest in stages and test to see which you like best. :wave:

G

JWP said:
Amber means your THC is degenerating. It’s all downhill from there. As soon as I see any amber trichomes I harvest. But that’s just my way of doing things. Why not harvest in stages and test to see which you like best. :wave:

That is where you are wrong buddy. Amber = couchlock. You are misinformed.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am going to harvest as soon as i see any amber trichomes on my plants. what are the pros and cons of this? last time i waited for a bunh=ch of amber with my ak48s and it went fine. this time im looking for a more heady high. i am also growing bubblicious this time so it should be different.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
More amber = more couchlock, stoned

More cloudy = more energetic, high

Usagi

How did you take that photo? Did you use a USB microscope? Or do you have some other method? Thanks!

CB420

haha trich colour is still being spread
it means nothing
clear trichs, cloud trichs,
doesnt matter what colour trichs are you just pick that when the leaves go yellow

and yes ive seen the trich.jpg going on, its all BS, trichs just come in different clarities.

G

it means nothing
doesnt matter what colour trichs are you just pick that when the leaves go yellow

and yes ive seen the trich.jpg going on, its all BS, trichs just come in different clarities.
with 30 posts and 1 sloppy pic of a yellow plant in your gallery...you shouldnt be spreading false grow tips:wink:
harvesting by tric color and formation is "advanced growing" / "harvesting" .

bluebublelove

CB420 said:
it means nothing

I don't mean to bash you but regicide said it....this is proven info....and.....you are spreading false information...thats not what this sites for....if you have a question ask someone they will inform you...thats what this site is for

CB420

examine the trichs outside the grow room and youll come to the conclusion I have that trich colour makes no difference in potency until after picked.

once picked the trichs change from clear to cloudy because there acidic non-psychoactive forms convert to neutral psychoactive forms.

ive checked with articles from ed, george cervantes and countless other.

trichs are clear. What you are saying is just a glare from HID lighting, or whatever lighting.

Again, Im not a scientist, I can only disprove things not proof them. From my experience, trich colours make no difference, if its difference you want, change strains.

Please refrain from flaming or resorting to early education methods of dealing your ideas for a discussion. It makes things go smoother, chill out boys.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
CB420 said:
examine the trichs outside the grow room and youll come to the conclusion I have that trich colour makes no difference in potency until after picked.

once picked the trichs change from clear to cloudy because there acidic non-psychoactive forms convert to neutral psychoactive forms.

ive checked with articles from ed, george cervantes and countless other.

trichs are clear. What you are saying is just a glare from HID lighting, or whatever lighting.

Again, Im not a scientist, I can only disprove things not proof them. From my experience, trich colours make no difference, if its difference you want, change strains.

Please refrain from flaming or resorting to early education methods of dealing your ideas for a discussion. It makes things go smoother, chill out boys.

:rolleyes:

dude. this is proven fact. tested in lab's and in my grow. Same strain, same clone, same settings. different harvest times (judging by clarity of the trichs) resulted in different types of high, the earliest being the most energetic, the latest the strongest body stone.

yellowing of leaves? um... the leaves on our plants yellow at the end of flowering because we starve our plants in the last two weeks to improve the taste. if i did starved them in the first two weeks of flowering would they still be ready?

"once picked the trichs change from clear to cloudy because there acidic non-psychoactive forms convert to neutral psychoactive forms." That is exactly it! but they do this when on the plant! how can you argue it doesnt matter when you state there is a reaction taking place? do you think it happens only when picked or is it more likely that the plant and its trich's go through different stages of growth dependent on environment and genetics (documented and proven fact)? now assuming that this different stages of development take place, wouldn't there be a time that is better to pick than the rest? and, using the information you just stated, wouldn't we be able to tell by color/clarity when a trich in different stages?

test it out yourself. it is really one of those things that is hard to argue about because it is so proven. cervantes (and many more people with more experience than him) hang out in these forums. ask any one of them and they will tell you....

not trying to flame, just educate

Last edited:
G

not sure how many people scope their buds on the plant?? most common AND easiest method is to remove leaf and examine on a table or something with the scope.....
cant imagine this comment carrying to much weight:wink:

also how can you seriously support this statmant?? if ya pick a plant early you'll have great tasting bud with a thc count so low you could sell it as "legal bud" on hightimes:D

in a nutshell....its true my friend!! harvesting by tric color/maturity is legitimate:wink:

CB420

one does not have to even question the changes of state with such psychoactive forms wether living or non living. you may be tricking yourselves into beleive it. if you want a body stone high, you grow indicia, you want an uppity head high, you grow sativa.

with all being said, trichs may appear diferently due to different substances provided during the plant when feeding but with my experience, which is to say a lot more from word from my mouth than it is from the leftover stash for hash photo in my gallery.

before stating things which you beleive to be fact, please let me read some of the fine literature.

For starters, for my basic points in this argument I will refer to "Indoor Marijuana Horticulture...Encylopedia" By Jorge Cervantes

please check page 290; 1st paragraph

"Capitate-stalked (trichome) glands look like a post with the knob at the top. They have the highest concentration of THC and are the glands to watch. They form on buds and small leaves. When the capitate-stalked trichomes have developed a spherical head and are still transparent, is the best time to harvest."

When you see cloudy trichs on a fresh bud or fresh plant, it is because the cannabinoids have converted to a psychoactive form already and then everyday not smoked after you spot them the thc quality dimished and converts into a shitty form of THC that is not the chronic power that we all probably seek.

Like I said, best to pick when they are clear and you get that nature man signal from the plant to chop it. Then you dry em for 5 days or so, then jar them, then you convert to the nice best form of cannabinoids.

So again, dont beleive everything you want to.

Last edited:

CB420

JWP said:

Looks like someone else is starting to reach the same conclusion I have as well.

JWP

Turkish said:
That is where you are wrong buddy. Amber = couchlock. You are misinformed.

How am i wrong? I dont dissagree. Amber = couchlock

Oki it seems some people may be misinformed or misinterpreted the information they have seen. That’s not for me to judge or even speculate about.

When I speak I like to know a bit more about the subject than your average bear. If I am wrong that’s ok, I don’t mind. Show me why im wrong and explain it to me. Don’t just say “your wrong”

What are the active Ingredients of cannabis?
Cannabinoids THC, CBD, CBN...

What gets you high?
THC man… The higher the THC content the stronger the stone.

What is CBN?
As THC ages and breaks down it produces CBN. This process is called oxidization.
CBN makes you feel fucked up rather than high.

What is CBD?
CBD increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC.

High levels of THC and CBD will make you feel like you’re in dreamworld.
Low levels of THC and high levels of CBD will couch lock you. Your brain feels dull and the body feels tired.
High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic stone. Like a sativa stone

Why do you think people dry and cure their pot in an airtight jar in a dark place? To slow down the rate of oxidization mate.

So you have THC & CBD that is produced in most strains and you have CBN that is produced during the oxidization process. The level of THC will lower and the level of CBN will rise with time.

It’s way more complex than this. You have THCV, CBC, and CBL, different types of THC. Delta-9 etc but to keep thing simple we will stick with THC & CBN

DAMN IM RAMBLING.
The point is:
If you harvest when all your trichomes are cloudy you can still get the couch lock stone with a good cure. But you can’t go back and reverse the oxidization process.
That’s why I harvest when cloudy.

gnosis

JWP said:
High levels of THC and CBD will make you feel like you’re in dreamworld.
Low levels of THC and high levels of CBD will couch lock you. Your brain feels dull and the body feels tired.
High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic stone. Like a sativa stone

And i thought i would only need 2 varieties in my closet :chin:

I wasn't aware that high THC and CBD (at the same time) existed.. so far i though that white rhino was one of the relatively strongest CBD strain (on wich i may be wrong) and couchlock ! and those story about alleles (not sure to orthograph it ok) ...

Which strain would be strong in both CBD and THC, sounds pretty intersting (or is it just for hash from mixed alleles ?) :yummy:

Last edited: