What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need to flush with organics?

G

Well I am only at day 20 of flower for my white widow and ice but I'd like to get the info now rather than later. Do I need to flush if I am using organic nutes, I think the answer is yes wether it is chemical or organic you need to flush? So when do I flush, last 2 weeks?

G

Depends how smooth tasting you want your smoke. But yeah, the last two weeks is when I flush my ladies.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heja T im growing only organic and as i changed from AdvancedHydroponics i asked myself and i tryed when the best between production and flavor is.Just flush ya pots the last 7-10 days and all nute residues will be washed out.Just be sure your growing organic without mineral or biological nute addidives, the more things added the longer they need to get flushed properly and mineral nutes harm the taste/smell
Fj

G

All I used through the grow was PBP and PBPB and LK. So give her a flush 7-10 days before I harvest. When you flush what is it a gallon of water per gallon of soil? I assume after this soaking it will be it's last watering then. I am just rambling now, thanks guys.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Turkish said:
All I used through the grow was PBP and PBPB and LK. So give her a flush 7-10 days before I harvest. When you flush what is it a gallon of water per gallon of soil? I assume after this soaking it will be it's last watering then. I am just rambling now, thanks guys.

The PBPro is NOT organic, it conatins a hydroponic component that DOES need to be flushed, the regular PB is organic.
With that recipe I would fed flush for 10 days.
A 100% organic grow does not need to be flushed, flush what? the bacteria will keep breaking solid sources down and feeding the plant in a gradual way.

Scientist

Not to mention the higher heavy metal content found in fish emulsions. Fish are known to absorb heavy metals. I'm planning on just water for the last two weeks for my LSD. I would consider that "flushing" enough.

So to answer your qvestion, I wouldn't literally flush them, but I would stop feeding like JJ said.

happy Growin

Blackmelo

lol flush the fishy smell out.
Reminds me of 70s_pothead's comment the other day who was joking about the origins of weed smell.
The skunk got its smell from skunks passing by and the pinesmell was from growing in pinewoods.

NO, No and another big fat NO.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Agreed, imo the stinkier the fert the better the buds smell like buds. Im also with JJ and since Im 99% organic I havent found the need to flush. When I used chems I would routinely flush.

quadracer

there is really no need to flush the plant if you are growing organically.

That being said, I feed my plants water for the last week or two in flower. This does two things:

1) Flushes my soil so I can reuse it for next time
2) Forces the plant to use all the available nutes in the soil, rootballs, and the plant itself.

burnt out og'er
Veteran
for organic in soil, "ditto" what quadracer said...

imho, just go with plain waterings for the last week and it will help the plant to finish itself off. There will still be pleanty of nutrition available in the soil so the plant isnt really starving to death. FWIW, at this point in flowering it is totally natural for the plant to be translocating whatever it needs for bud and trichome production from its oldest foliage anyway, which will lend itself to having a smoother smoking harvest.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I find that a weekly flush alleviates the flushing issue at the end of flowering. Keeps plants healthy all the time when ive done it and no need to flush before harvest. Just my experiences...

Funk

the couch

This is an old topic, and it always comes down to personal experience and opinions. You'll have to try it both ways to experience the differences in your garden.
My last grow I fed up until the last watering with teas containing guano,worm castings and kelp. Tastes good to me, burns to a clean white ash and smells great imo.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
My last grow I fed up until the last watering with teas containing guano,worm castings and kelp. Tastes good to me, burns to a clean white ash and smells great imo

Exactly, everything you fed them is dependant on the microherd to break it down, only the guano is relatively readily available.
Had you tried that with a bottled fert you would have had a different smoke report.

Reuse of soil

Reuse of soil

Most ppl, I've read feed water last week or two to let your plants use all the nutrients in the soil. My question is : would you keep adding molassis to the water to help keep the beneficial organisms alive if you plan on reusing your soil? Seems logical to do so for 2 reasons. 1) to help use all available nutrients in the soil and 2) to keep the colony alive for the next grow. Or would you just reinnoculate?

Peace SC :rasta:

Couch is right...It's all up to the "individual"....If it makes you feel better, do it....That's about all anyone can say....Each individual grower has to deal with their own peace of mind on the flushing issue....LC

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
reason for flushing, is for salt build up. which leaves a foul taste, and clogs up your roots from sucking up the proper amounds of Nutes.

organics dont have much salt if any, and dont need to be flushed, The last 2 weeks PUre water will do just fine. even over water them with some run off.

Fish emulsion gives teh best minty taste on my herb, bat guano takes it to a whole new level :)

G

Would Fox Farm - Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom warrant a flush?