What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Herb infused Bacardi 151

FarmInABox

Ok. You wanna get high by ingesting herb instaid of smoking it? Right? Of course you do.
Food takes a while to digest, 30 min to 2hours. Alcohol on the other hand absorbs in about 5 minutes tops.

What I like to do is take a 1/2 pint of Bacardi 151 and pour it into a jar or large measuring cup. Ready a coffee filter and funnel to strain the alcohol. Then take about 12 grams of your FINEST buds crushed up well and dump it into the alcohol. Shake for 60 seconds and NO LONGER!!! Then strain the contents slowly into another container or the original bottle. Thats why only 60 seconds, it takes a while to strain and also why you have the strainer ready beforehand.

A 1/2 pint has about 6 shots in it, with 12g of herb = 2g herb per shot.
It messes you up. :woohoo:
You can do a less potent version with 10g of herb = 1.6g per shot.

I'm not the first person to think of this I'm sure, but most people want to use grain alcohol. Bacardi 151 is easier to get.

I had a thread about this at OverGrow so I might as well have one here too. :dance:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I used 80% and have added around 3-4 grams of pure trichs in less than 0.4 litres of alcohol, you can cut the alcohol to 40-50% afterwards..

FarmInABox

Thats a good idea since the herb can make the alcohol taste less than great. So if you can use Kif or BHO or Bubble or something, that would be even better.

Green Machine

does the weed need to be decarbonized befor hand and if not, why not? what in this process turns thca to thc?

Im not shitting on your process or anything, i love the idea... but i just dont want to waste any weed or anything.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
i was under the impression that trikes had to be heated above a certain degree before they can be absorbed into our blood stream, like why you bake hash inside cinnamon rolls etc.

Green Machine

SneakySneaky said:
i was under the impression that trikes had to be heated above a certain degree before they can be absorbed into our blood stream, like why you bake hash inside cinnamon rolls etc.
im pretty sure its that thca needs to be heated to turn into thc... they explain it on the canabrex site somewhere i think...

you should check it out its deffinatly worth a read.http://www.cannabrex.com/

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
i just let the weed and alkine sit for a couple of days and it works for me all the time :joint:

FarmInABox

Cannabrex is an excellent product but its not really related to this,
You need to heat the herb in oil to eat it. But since you are disolving it in a solvent(alcohol) you can just drink the alcohol, alcohol is not digested it is absorbed by the bloodstream along your GI tract. Fats have to be digested and so the herb has to be heated in the fat to absorb the cannabinoids so your GI tract can absorb the cannabinoids in the fat.

So basicaly NO you dont need to heat anything for this, and YES it only needs to soak for 1 minute(make sure to shake).

P.S. Green Machine, the word is "Decarboxylated". Decarboxylization is done to convert cannabolic acids and lesser cannabinoids into THC. But most of today's hybrid herbs have higher concentrations of THC and so decarboxylization is rarely needed unless you have only mexi-shwag or something like that. Skip it unless you are cooking into food.

G

You can just eat the bud by itself and get really fucked up(sleeping) 5 hours later, I dont know how it works but you dont have to heat thc for it to get you high, I do know your body metabolizes it into a far stronger version than if you would have consumed the same ammount by smoking. Try it, when I did this I ate around 2g each time and eact time it knocks me out, it's a little too strong even a good sativa will put you down if you eat it, there is no oil dipping nessecary although it probably would make it go down easier, easiest way down is finely ground mixed with peanut butter, mix my peanut butter as strong as possilbe according to taste.

Latest posts

Latest posts