What's new

Lumigrow Lumibar Grow

Old Dog

Hey everyone, starting the thread a little way into my grow.
Been using the Lumibar since Day 1, and love it so far, although it is my first LED.
I'll post pictures, and my grow journal notes as well if anyone is interested.

Feedback is always appreciated :dance013:

I've had the Lumibar adjustment knobs at max blue and red spectrum setting the entire time.

Strain is GDP

I'm using the General Organics line with the exception of BioMarine.

I'm also on the last few chapters of Teaming with Microbes so organic advice is also welcome.

Took these pics today. (Day 17)

8.5 inches tall

Blue and Red full power

Have some leaf twisting on the left plant

I'll keep you updated!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, been wanting to see one of the bars in action. I'm not seeing the pictures either - you may not have your albums set to public, because I can't see them on your profile page either.

Phychotron

the standalone fixture seems like somewhat of a waste with it's oblong design, If i went with the lumibar I'd try and double or triple it up so to create a square light canopy.

Old Dog

Totally agree phychotron. I'm holding off more lumibars at the moment, until the pricing on the lumigrow pro 325 comes out. Then i'll decide on three more bars, or one more bar and the pro 325 over top.

Old Dog

Here are some more pictures, Day 28, 7 days after transplant into 7 gallon smart pots. I still have both blue and red light at max. Been keeping temps between 77F and 83F, relative humidity has been around 40%. Plants are now 14in high, 18in diameter.
Only problems have been leaf tips bending down at 90 degree angles, I diagnosed this as slight calmag def., though I may have over adjusted (20 ml/gal calmag+ instead of the usual 12ml/gal two days ago, I guess we'll see), but it seems the leaf tips have gotten better in response to something. Though this may be be from a week of recovery from too much heat (before my a/c came 10 days ago).
Anyway, here are some pics at day 28

Old Dog

Probably wont flower for another 4 weeks, I decided on buying the pro series 650 which wont ship until 8/31, so I am trying to time the start of my second or third week of flowering with the delivery.

Old Dog

hmm, so I woke up today to some leaf twisting, I have only fed them distilled water since I think I overdid the calmag+ on Tuesday (about 20ml/gal) before that the last time I added calmag+ was Friday (15ml/gal).
I am on day 11 since I transplanted into happy frog, so I have not been giving them any nutrients but the staggered calmag+ every four days.
Other than leaf twisting in young growth about 2/3 up the plant, I have white splotches on the top fan leaf, and also what appears to be magnesium def. or lockout (Some brownish/blackish splotches) one of the fan leaves of the twisted young growth 2/3 up.

So i believe I have overdone the calmag causing some mag lockout, or am under doing the calmag which is showing up as mag def.

Any thoughts?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my experience, LED's seem to heighten the need for magnesium. Have you had a water analysis done to know where you are really starting? You might try a foliar feed with epsom salts and watch the impact.

Old Dog

that's a good idea, presumably then if the mag symptoms dont clear up its a calcium toxicity lockout, and if they do it is a clacium and mag deficiency, right?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's a good idea, presumably then if the mag symptoms dont clear up its a calcium toxicity lockout, and if they do it is a clacium and mag deficiency, right?

Yes, except for the calcium deficiency part - there is no calcium in Epsom salts, it is just magnesium sulfate.

Old Dog

The epsom salts seemed to have stopped the mag deficiency so i added calcium today. Looks like things are back on track.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had suggested a water analysis because I've found the hard way that my water has virtually no Ca or Mg. I've supplemented with CalMag in the past, but it kicks up the nitrogen higher than I really want, and I have to use a hell of a lot of it. In addition, the calcium levels are still too low. I've recently changed to Veg + Bloom RO formula, and my plants are some happy girls!