What's new

Evo90 - 2 x CDSD + 2 x Casey Jones

Dysnomia

looking nice!

question though: how are your evos working? all leds producing equally potent light? are there differences? how many panels r u running again?

sorry if this has been covered already.

have you seen Paqueteman's grow?

peace!

Thanks!
So far they are working fine. I saw this problem posted once in the LED lighting section but I bit the bullet and ordered one anyway. Faulty electronics is just part of the game I guess and that's what the guarantee is for. I'm running just 1 panel. 70W in total.

Yes, I've seen Paqueteman's grow. Very nice but also sad to hear about the problem with one of the lights. I would be vary buying it after this second report of problems though...

chicks with dicks
Luckily just 1 chick with 2 dicks, hehe.

:tiphat:

PaqueteMan

Thanks!
So far they are working fine. I saw this problem posted once in the LED lighting section but I bit the bullet and ordered one anyway. Faulty electronics is just part of the game I guess and that's what the guarantee is for. I'm running just 1 panel. 70W in total.

Yes, I've seen Paqueteman's grow. Very nice but also sad to hear about the problem with one of the lights. I would be vary buying it after this second report of problems though...

Thanks Dysnomia. I have to say despite all the forum-surfing I never read about this particular problem. Otherwise I would've checked for it when I received them.

I reckon it must be a driver (or whatever they use to feed the LED lights, I'm not an expert by any means) because all of the lights of that group seem to be equally powerful, or should I say equally weak.

The problem is that from what I heard it can be months before I get the panel back in good shape. It's not the fastest service apparently... Well, I'll have to make do without it in my next grow or two.

Anyway, enough about me. I have to say those Caseys are the frostiest things I've ever seen, marihuana or otherwise ;)

BTW my understanding is that if you get the odd "nanner" it may be just a sign of rippening. If I were you I wouldn't worry much about it.

Last edited:

Dysnomia

looks like you did well ;) any ideas or plans of changes on the next run? :)

Thanks! Lots of room for improvement still. Still early in the process with this light. As for next round - I'm looking to remodel the cab a bit. Hopefully I'll get my hands on 2x55W T5-s since winter is coming and it will get colder. Also with more wattage, fuller spectrum and a SCROG we should be on our way towards better efficiency and bigger yields!

Thanks Dysnomia. I have to say despite all the forum-surfing I never read about this particular problem. Otherwise I would've checked for it when I received them.

I reckon it must be a driver (or whatever they use to feed the LED lights, I'm not an expert by any means) because all of the lights of that group seem to be equally powerful, or should I say equally weak.

The problem is that from what I heard it can be months before I get the panel back in good shape. It's not the fastest service apparently... Well, I'll have to make do without it in my next grow or two.

Anyway, enough about me. I have to say those Caseys are the frostiest things I've ever seen, marihuana or otherwise ;)

BTW my understanding is that if you get the odd "nanner" it may be just a sign of rippening. If I were you I wouldn't worry much about it.

I also read about the very slow customer support which is a shame really. I hope you'll get your problem fixed though!

Regarding the nanners, it's very typical of the chem/sour lineage to throw a few late nanners so I'm not really worried.

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

Dysnomia

Time for an update! With loads of pics!

We're now on day 79 since flowering and things are finishing up. I will probably harvest tomorrow or the day after that. With that said I've learned a lot about growing with LEDs this round and I'm sure it will only get better from here!

I already chopped the 2 bigger tops of the Casey and 2 of the bigger CDSD. They are now dry enough (6days) to go into paperbags. So far it's 3.4 for the CJ and 3.6 for the CDSD. The Casey is rather tight while the CDSD is pretty fluffy.

I've really been blessed with the genetics. The caseys sure deliver and the CDSD-s aren't the worst plants either. Well... the stretcher is quite off putting but perhaps she just needs special treatment. It looks like the more Sour Diesel leaning phenotype looking at the bud structure. She has barely touched nutes so I'm having a hard time getting her to flush though. Next round I'll go extra light with feeding considering the low levels of light I'm sure are responsible for this in a way. Regarding next round - I currently have 8 clones in perlite. The sad thing is that they are not labeled so I'll have to do my best to ID them. I've got 2 off each of the 4 plants I had this round. I also have 1 definite clone of the bigger casey that is revegging but I'm not sure whether it will make it.

Low temperatures are also literally starting to show themselves. The Casey is getting hues of purple which looks really pretty.

Anyways this is way more text than I was going to write so here's some photographic evidence!

Here's the cab. Everything is flopping all over the place.
attachment.php

CJ next to the 'runt' CDSD. The latter looks very Sour Diesel leaning.
attachment.php

One of the tops from the runt CDSD. Very Sour Dieselish bud structure from what I've seen on the web. Hopefully the high is something that will blow me away.
attachment.php

Simply beautiful.
attachment.php

Dry shots in the next post!

Dysnomia

Attachments

• cab_79.jpg
    cab_79.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 18
  • cj2_cdsd_runt.jpg
    cj2_cdsd_runt.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 20
  • cdsd_runt.jpg
    cdsd_runt.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
  • cj2_79.jpg
    cj2_79.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 18

Dysnomia

I don't think I need to point out that they are extremely sticky. I will do a proper smoke report once things have cured for a while. So far I can say that the Casey is very up. And quite strong. Zing! I've tried the CDSD as well but that was a mixed session so I can't give an accurate conclusion. It definitely messed things up a bit regarding clarity.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Regards,

Attachments

• cdsd.jpg
    cdsd.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
  • cj_2_bud_dry.jpg
    cj_2_bud_dry.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
  • cj2_buds_dry.jpg
    cj2_buds_dry.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • cj2_cdsd.jpg
    cj2_cdsd.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19

Dysnomia

Yep :)

Today was chop day. Spent quite a while trimming and filled up a 1l jar with super frosty trim. I will definitely have some material for interesting extraction experiments. Almost half of the trim came from the bigger Casey alone!

Oh man the smells. I don't know if it's the purple hues of the Casey that brought these smells out but there is a serious sour-floral-grape-candy vibe going on. Pleasant in every way. The CDSD-s were also nice. One was very sour ('the runt'), the other was creamy-musky-honey.
The 'runt' was probably the most pungent. But it's hard to say. The Casey was definitely the most pleasant.

In terms of yield I was quite impressed actually. I'm not going to guess dry numbers but it looked much more than what I've pulled so far (20g). Also the CDSD-s, despite small, were actually pretty dense nuglets.

And the bonus? Let me just say scissor hash is probably the culmination of the entire grow. It's the point where you know work has payed off. It's a nice feeling. Especially in the upper part of the body with this one :ying:

Regards,

rootidec

Veteran
frosty as hell... well done grower. I'm definitely interested in your next grows :)
One thing I wonder: how comes LEDs have to be kept that distance, are there some sort of guidelines? Couldn't they be closer? Thank you.

Dysnomia

Well the height of the panel from the canopy on the last set is a little exaggerated. Also I raised it for the photos. For this run it was hard to get it placed nicely due to irregular canopy, however the sweet spot seems to be around 17-23 cm with this panel. LED-s emit pretty concentrated light (unless you have large angle lens, but even then to an extent) and when it gets too close, it's too intense and may stunt growth.
For great info about LEDs in general see this subforum.

Regards,

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
im guessing the runt cdsd will be best weed ya grew, casey is realy nice till ya start puffing sd crosses, sd crosses trump the cj crosses , ive grown many of each, pls do another thread after this , was very interesting, and add more plants, jam them tight

Dysnomia

hehe, I was quite fearful of that exact situation when I first thought about it somewhere along mid flowering or so. The structure of the 'runt' was just so inconvenient compared to the others. It really only bulked up at least a little from day 70-81. It probably could've gone a few extra days as well.

Still the yield from the runt is going to be small. Perhaps around 5-7g as estimated earlier but could be even less. I will get enough tasters though and I'm certain I have clones of this pheno in the mixed up group. (the very long internode spacing is a dead giveaway). Perhaps it will respond better to a SCROG. Time will tell I guess.

I tasted a bowl of quick dried samples from this plant yesterday and it did seem a little stronger than the others to be perfectly honest. It was perhaps the most "full" high of the group. But then again there could've been some oil residue in the bubbler as well :laughing:

It definitely had a distinct taste though. Sour with very deep and dark meaty-smokey "canna" taste. Violent. It was pretty harsh still though, which can be expected obviously. So far I still see the big Casey as the one I will be reaching for the most though. It's just too pleasant taste wise and the high is very active, clear and long-lasting.

I also made a small oil extraction. I'm using acetone as the solvent as it's readily available, fairly cheap and pretty safe. I'm currently testing micro-quantities (~5g of fresh frozen trim at a time) to determine the most successful wash times. A 45s cold wash gave me 0.15g of nice oil + some extra from the second wash (a tad longer and warmer). Not shatter exactly but it's pretty hard at room temperature. I will also try removing the waxes via winterization in acetone at some stage, although I have achieved shatter with just regular shorter (~30s) acetone washes earlier as well. The taste of the oil is heavenly - probably the best tasting canna-product I've ever had. Also I spent the next 30min after hitting the oil pretty much spacing out with all the tingling and mind-stimulation. It really reminded me of the onset of mushrooms where you just drift away, except after 30min one will be in a semi-functional state again.

Regards,

opiumo

Veteran
i think a scrog would be very nice with two plants :) thumbs up and best luck for the next run :D

Dysnomia

Thanks!

2 plants is too few! That would take a lot of time to veg (like this round). Instead I will go with 4 plants and 4 screens. That should cut down the veg time and allow for more variety which is always nice. Plus I don't think the current stash would last long enough to go the 2 plant route! :D

Regards,

Dysnomia

Thanks! I'm quite impressed as well, especially considering how much room there is for improvement!

In any case, today's the numbers day! And guess what...I more-or-less managed to ballpark the range.

In any case the numbers are:
The big casey - 3.4 + 15.9 = 19,3g
The small casey - 12,9g
The bigger CDSD - 3.6+9,5 = 13,1g
the runt CDSD - 8,5 g PS! the stinkiest!

For a grand total of 53,8g. That lands us at ~0,77 g/W. Nothing to brag about really, but you've seen the ride and you know where improvements can be made. Consider though, that this 53,8g is all bud with barely any stem AND I've still got a whole jar full of fresh, frozen and frosty as hell trim.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the first proper run. One can always hope for more but damn is it some fine stuff. I'll get some dry pictures tomorrow.

It was fun, thanks for sticking with me! The next run will be even nicer, I guarantee!
Regards,