What's new

Mechanical Timer...

Aksala

No more digital timers for me...had mine not cut the lights out again this morning...luckily i caught it after an hour...

I'm hoping that never happens with a manual one..

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I had a digital do that to me. I run all mechanical now. I have had two of them fail, let me amend that, I had two of them almost fail.
Mechanical timers have always let me know ahead of time before they fail, usually loud noise and heat. I change them out immediately at any unusual grinding noise or warmth. No surprises.

Aksala

I had a digital do that to me. I run all mechanical now. I have had two of them fail, let me amend that, I had two of them almost fail.
Mechanical timers have always let me know ahead of time before they fail, usually loud noise and heat. I change them out immediately at any unusual grinding noise or warmth. No surprises.

http://htgsupply.com/Product-Single-Outlet-Mechanical-Timer---120-Volt.asp

Picked up two of these....we talking bout the same type of thing?

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I cut extension cords, and hardwired them into the switch, so that it can be plugged in, both input and output.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Aksala, that is pretty much them, I use a two outlet model from Fred Meyer, but the same 15 amp rating and plastic push levers.

The two I had fail were when I did not know to run them at 50% or less, never had a problem under 8 amps, two 400 watt lamps and two 35 watt fans.

Keeping all nine timers to within five minutes is not any kind of problem, and the plants handle half hour sunsets just fine so five minutes is quick, abrupt even.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
intermatic timer FTW

attachment.php

40$ at home depot or any hardware store...just ask the guys there for a 220v hot water tank heater..he'll point you in the right direction

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts