What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Bong

smokn1

Hi all. Been a while since I've been around but glad to be back.

So I used to have (a long time ago) a bong that was my first and I really liked it. Was broke by a disgruntled GF. Was wondering if any of you remember the "US Waterpipes"? Yes they were acrylic and not glass, but was one helluv a bong. It was called the watergate and held the water in the middle (kinda like a perculator). My brother had one named the USII. It had twin down tubes and we called it the bicycle pump. Was wondering if anyone knew if they can still be purchased. I've looked all over the net but nothing. Thanks for any help and damn I miss that bong.:thank you:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most are all stocking glass now..Finding that particular Bong wont be easy. Edit has the largest selection of Acrylic bongs that I know of..

smokn1

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I thought I would have trouble finding it. Guess I will save some more money and get some glass.

H

h^2 O

I remember when the only bongs I saw around were acrylic...with the exception of a few who had an actual glass bong, but it was all artistic and not industrial and RooR-like, and it was filthy. Come a long way.

Snoopster

Veteran
"US Waterpipes"

Whoa, just reading that sent me back to 9th grade a Sig's house.
He had a US Waterpipe shaped like a pyramid. It had three cylindrical tubes about 6 inches tall, with two on top of that and one on top of that. It had a removable wooden slide/bowl to carb. Loved that thing.

I gave my old Graphics to a friend recently, he added the stickers. Not a Graffix, a real Graphics. Built in Milwaukee in 1989. You could club a cow to death with it, then fill it up and do rips.
He put a Graffix sticker on it for some reason.

10182011303.jpg

I bought that thing in 1989.

/sweet blog

InJoy

Sure do, clearest memory was when i came home from school and saw the top of it sticking out of a shoppin bag on the kitchen table, it was a nice gift, from my best Friend.

Problem was it was my parents kitchen table...

I was shittin coz i had just scored a qp and it was in the room as well.

They never found it all kinds of stuff even bits that weren't for smokin anything they didn't reckogniz was contraband.

Dad said your lucky i didn't find any grass or you woulda gone ta jail, that's when he would be expecting a 1/4 oz not a Phatt qp that woulda been bad news.

They were around in early 80's my best friend was makin knockoffs at B.U. if you have a chop saw they're dead easy ta make.

Always put water in the bottom if you get another one, i had one of those 6 shooters...

That's what brought on the search i think a 6 shooter every time i left my room might have been a bit much specially before breakfast and mom was thinkin hum he's sure divin into the cereal lately lol

I had a US Bong around 85. Small one. All acrylic including the stem. IIRC, all US Bongs had a wooden sleeve that the bowl screwed to and slid over the stem. No carb hole, just slide the wooden piece off to clear it. Sure miss mine.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

From four seasons' Vintage Cannabis photography thread.

Good luck finding one! Please post pics if you do.

I had the bottom three. Took the one on the left to Slowhand in '77. The one on the right is a 'Smiley' and rocked worlds.

Collegiate extra-curricular activities saw my dorm room raided and my collection of US bongs confiscated. Them bastards took the pillow cases off my beds and started filling them up. One of the bastards dripped nasty bong water all over his leg before realizing what was up. :biglaugh:

If I'm not mistaken, US Bongs were made illegal over of the name. Glass cleans much easier but nothing smoked as good as those hosed, multi-chamber deals except the Apogee.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Hell yeah I remember US Bongs!! Had a red one for many years, bought it in the late 70's IIRC...

griz

G. Graphics Waterpipes

G. Graphics Waterpipes

I just wanted to put my 2cents worth on G. Graphics Water Pipes. The originals were made in Milwaukee, WI. The Graphix pipes are a knockoff. I hope the Images I hope to attach will prove this. These pipes were of the highest quality. I have personally seen officers of the "law" try to break these acrilic tubes on dumpsters and failed. I posses two of these pipes and I also have 2nd chamber adaptation for them. They are probably the best smoking devices ever made.

I am still trying to get these back into production. I have been talking with the original developer of the U.S. Bongs line from Progressive Plastics for several months now about getting setup to produce part of the line again.

The problem is that the feds still see these as illegal if i ship them across state lines so the only way you will be able to get one after i start production will be to visit Colorado to pick them up. I will not be using USPS, UPS nor FedEx for any part of my business structure or operation untill the feds change these laws.

But my guess is that some-one will find a way to get them out of Colorado, I won't even disscuss doing so though, and out into the world. So hopefully you will be seeing limited numbers of these start to come out before the end of 2015...exactly 25 years after they were closed down.:dance013::tiphat::woohoo:

t99

Veteran
I had the one under "Buy US bongs " on the poster. Mine was green not brown, though.

I remember back in the late 80's, during my high school years, one of my buddies had a G. Graphics. It was a green three-footer, and he had it in his car all the time. He even fitted a zeppelin in as the bowl. That thing was lethal!