What's new

BLOCKHEAD from SOL & DJ Short influence?

G

I posted this in another thread, but I dont know if some will get to it to see my question...thats why I'm making it its own thread.

I'm the #1 BLOCKHEAD fan in the entire world...and I have grown and crossed it many times.

I know the daddy is the same daddy as "sweettooth #3". (sweet pink grapefruit/blueberry/grapefruit)

I know the mom is "project 19" ....and thats where it gets fuzzy

from what I remember reading, and cant find anymore is that breeder steve was working w/ dj short on this project , and "project 19" had blueberry influence.

I'm sure someone here knows more...can anyone elaborate...or am I off base completly on the mom.

BTW BLOCKHEAD is almost too narcotic, but it sure helps me sleep at night

Last edited:

Harpo

:chin:
yukon,

Please, let me pick your brains.

With OG and CW gone, my normal sources, such as the "search" and "Strainbase", are gone too. You are an invaluable resource.

I don't want to hyjack your thread. However, thank gosh you posted.

I have two blockhead females, I got as freebies. They look damn dense at seven weeks of 12/12, organic, potting mix.

How long till harvest with seeds? Clones?

I also had a male and I've set seed. Yahoo !

Does Bockhead re-veg easily?

Clone problems?

Harpo

Last edited:

Foreigner

I don't know the answer to your lineage question, but I have to concur that blockhead is quite a heavy stone. The taste though, is amazing. Certainly not like the dopes I'm used to. Almost like bergamot...

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had Bh for a while as clone which finishes in 65 days in soil, i lost her so i grabbed another pack at a auction .... (dont mind the price it was the last one)
Now im at selecting parents, i got 8 girls/dads i dunno not sexed yet.
Yeah i found that Bh clones hard to very very hard some dont show roots after 20 days in humidity dome where beneath 5 other strains root easily in 14 days or less.
Im thinking of selecting out of 8 individuals the 6 best/fastest rooting ones and the other two get culled
Fj

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
eeeeeeeekkk i forgot sth
P19 (project19) is a unknown sativa which steve got from an old hippie as the story goes ,those sats were so super potent that Steve mentioned not to smoke some if ya know that you had illness in ya head like prone to paranoia or psychosis.
more i cant remeber
Fj

G

right on guys thanks for posting.

I'll give ya some more info on my experience w/BH

I grow in soil (ffof)
I use FF "marine cusine" in veg, and I use it very lightly in flower.
I use FF "Tiger bloom" and "big bloom" during flower.
450 watts hps in a c13 cabinet (I typically cram about 8 plants in there at once)
I usually dont veg more than 4 weeks from seed or clone.
I have NEVER let one flower past 51 days... by then my trich's are about 50% cloudy//50% Amber (I shudder to think of how much more narcotic it would be if I let them go longer than that).

On my first BH grow I had a VERY exceptional Male, and I seeded a few nice BH females....and a (1) of my MTF clones (Yes...OG MTF ..I live in Alaska, and was gifted a clone from a biker who has grown MTF for more than 20 years) I have a couple of Bonsai moms, and I clone them a lot. Anyway that cross became "ThunderfukinBLOCKHEAD" I had a good thread on OG that showed every step of the grow and cross from pics of Mom, Dad, Seeds, and offspring. I put a lot of time into it, and now it is lost (i havent checked googles cache for it yet though). I lost lots of pics on OG too, but I did salvage a few on disk...so here are a few of what I salvaged from my last grow. (these are ThunderfukinBLOCKHEAD)

I have never had any trouble cloning BH or TFB ....I have never used a humidity dome ...I just take the cutting, traumatize/crush the bottom, soak it in water w/ some "superthrive" overnight, dip it into rooting hormone the next day, and throw it in a cup w/ Very light soil, then into my little c4 veg/clone cab w/ 70 watts hps and a few floros. (i never used a humidity dome) and in fact I have never had one not root.

I never had any trouble re-vegging one either....I trim about 2/3 of the plant, and leave 1/3 intact, re-pot it into some fresh soil w/ veg. ferts, and give the roots a trim....it takes about 3 weeks to get new growth, but it's worth the wait...I have a massive bush right now from re-vegging the monster in the pics.

I'm not sure where I got the dj short connection, but I know I read it somewhere....doesnt really matter, i just wanted to know a bit more about the lineage of the mom.

BTW it really isn't good for people prone to psychosis...thats no joke...I gave my sister some to try (shes kind of a wack job) and 2 days later she gave it back to me and said she couldent handle it. I must say that it screws w/ my head a bit too, and I have my head together far more than most people.

anyway I hope that helps, and if anyone still can figure out more info on the mom it would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys.

Last edited:
G

Wow,
I sure wish the Blockhead Freebies I got from Seedbay were like yours. 5/5 germ rate but that was it. I kept one just to see if it would ever take off, treated it as a respected member of the family, but alas a pack of runts was all it ever amounted to. It's at 30 days 12/12 but only as an oddity in my garden. I'd never waste the time again unless it was a proven clone.
Woof

G

"smokindog" those BH freebies are free for a reason.

SOL hasnt hasnt had a seed crop in years (unless they have very recently). the seeds are old and generally considered "2nd's" I have heard of peeps getting a nice pheno out of the freebies, but your story is more common.

dont blame BH genetics though.

G

"fjallhoga" are u sure the mom was more sativa?...BH is a pretty "extreme indica".

any guess on the sat/indica percentages?

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BH is mostly indica for sure ..
I dont know,but i remember that steve mentioned that it was a Sativa crossed with the dad of Swt#3.The beans Steve got ,were from an old hippy guy who had grown this stuff for 25 years or more
Fj
PS:i kicked 3 individuals as they didnt root .
BIG EDIT
I dont know how often the actual Yankui Sativa was crossed to the SWT#3 father side .... maybe BS made a doubleback cross to the father of swt, its a blueberry if i recall right ? sry i´m very baked now, but this leaves me thinking ...

Last edited:
G

fjällhöga said:
BH is mostly indica for sure ..

BIG EDIT
I dont know how often the actual Yankui Sativa was crossed to the SWT#3 father side .... maybe BS made a doubleback cross to the father of swt, its a blueberry if i recall right ? sry i´m very baked now, but this leaves me thinking ...

^^I think your right...about swt#3 daddy being BB influenced...I wish this part wasnt so fuzzy tho....I really wanna know the backround of the mom.

I have a feeling we'll get to the bottom of it tho.

there must of been @ least a couple backcrosses if thats the case though...BH is just way too indica dominant to have much sativa in it.

my opinion is that BH is more than 90% indica.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yukon said:
^^I think your right...about swt#3 daddy being BB influenced...I wish this part wasnt so fuzzy tho....I really wanna know the backround of the mom.

I have a feeling we'll get to the bottom of it tho.

there must of been @ least a couple backcrosses if thats the case though...BH is just way too indica dominant to have much sativa in it.

my opinion is that BH is more than 90% indica.

me too ;)
Fj

G

Wait...now that CW is no more lets get the story straight. The male Steve used in many of his crosses (lui, Swt#3, BH, BSat#2)was twice backcrossed to the grapefriut clone. The original Sweet tooth cross was grapefruit x blueberry (DJ). So Swt #3 was the third backcross in that line. The info about the female is correct. Not a whole lot is mentioned about her.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heja shmok my friend how are you?
thx for ya comment ;) i knew we get the story right ....
Fj

R

Ronley

hi Yukon.
I am sorry I missed your OG thread. I would have liked to see more about this strain. Its a real bummer this whole OG business.

I have 5 seeds that I got as a freebie. I have lots of faith in these Frebies that we get. I grew out the VeryBerry, and Thaitanic, both producing really excellent results. So I am optomistic with the BH.- and the proof will be in the growing- :)

After seeing these photos and hearing your praise for this strain, I will definitely be making place in my garden for it, -
So in time- I would like to add to this thread. And thankyou for drawing my attention to something that looks AWESOME according to your photo.

The Dank

Yukon,

Have you ever considered putting any Blockhead backcrosses or F2's on SeedBay? Or possibly any of your ThunderfukinBLOCKHEAD? I would love to try some Blockhead, as I was a big fan of Spice of Life, but during my time of growing out their genetics, I was almost entirely an outdoor grower, and over several years my crops were ripped, and eventually my seed supply exhausted.

Blockhead sounds perfect for that once in a while itch to get completely baked hits you... Let me know if you know where some can be found.

Thanks!

-Dank

aeric

Veteran
My (vague) recollection is that the mystery mom was an african sativa, hence the psychotic factor. The seeds were bagseed, the grower was very paranoid about people getting seeds of it and some were clearly removed, but he apparently missed a few...Then again that could have been another SOL strain....but remember reading that in the old SOL forum @ cw.

G

TFB was a great thread. Good to see you here. Keep on growin. You have inspired many.

PEace...

G

Lets get the stuff straight guys.....Steve told me, directly.

Daddy is a SWT3 BX P1
Got that?
Back crossed to the sweet pink grapefruit clone.

SWT3 is the sweet pink grapefruit clone crossed to DJ's Blueberry sativa pheno male....a solid purple plant, leafs, stems, everything, purple top to bottom.

The sativa was from 1KrazyYanqui who was a member of another forum (I won't post which as Gypsy prolly has the name banned here anyways).
Not even 1KrazyYanqui knew the origin of the sativa, so of course Steve doesn't either.

BTW, Steve is still making beans and has his own site up and running that he distributes them from.
I aquired some fresh blockhead beans no more than 2 months ago....and some blue sattelite 2.2's also :D