What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FIM and cloning help!

S

supa_andrew

hey dear sirs and mams,

i have no clue on cloning or FIMing, i saved many links in the grow faq's at overgrow but now that place is defunct, all the information is lost!!

anyone here can help me out? i've got a plant on the 5th node now and i think i cut a little too much, it's been a day and nothing seems to have grown out,

and pretty much after it's grown out(if i didn't fuck up), i would like to make clones.

Any good links with diagrams? i need pictures as well, i'm weird like that.oh, and if i did cut too deep, will my plant die? :S

G

Hi :wave: , here are a couple pics of plants after i fim'd when they was babies..
i cut the third node.. basically i cut just deep enought that the 2 lower leaves where not touched.. i wish i had i pic but i lost allmy early grow pics on OG.. but here are the results...

P.S. i dont think you will kill the plant at all from cutting it.. its just a weed.. :joint:

G

this is posted in the wrong topic.

this thread, while hard to follow, does NOT belong in the breeder's forums.

its pretty basic buddy,

questions regarding growing/gardening/technique must be posted in the GROWERS FORUM-IN WHICHEVER SUBFORUM FITS BEST.

Questions regarding BREEDING, should be asked in the breeders section.

Off topic postings are subject to deletion as per the forum guidelines.

im sorry, i refuse to answer questions posted in the wrong area and with a SIMPLE SEARCH www.icmag.com/ic/search.php you should be able to find enough information to last ya a good while... with pics, so you can understand.

Last edited:
S

supa_andrew

gee, sorry then, i did do some searches but to no avail, anyway i posted the same thread on the growers forum, any one can help me out here?

G

high andrew,

anyone here can help me out? i've got a plant on the 5th node now and i think i cut a little too much, it's been a day and nothing seems to have grown out,

if you 'topped' at the 5th node, which would typically leave 10 arms, the arms recieving the most light will shoot to the top and besome the new main colas...instead of one you now have 2,4, etc

FIM means fuck i missed, its when you top but do it on the actual node in an unlikely spot causing the new growth where you made the cut to each form into it's own branch, increasing yields givena long enough veg.

topping wont promote "new growth" , rather let the lower branching 'catch up' , thats all.

G

ps- duplicate postings are subject to deletion as well, too bad im no mod:badday:

anyway, dont tell me you tried searching, it's bullshit, sure, you may have searched, but did you, do any research ??????

be back in 30 seconds with a list of threads from the SEARCH, pertaining to this topic. :)

G

79 threads showcasing FIM or pertaining to the FIM technique,

http://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=514051

look back past this months threads, searching takes some digging and investigation, your not always going to get fed the answers, after all, are you really learning that way?

Tell and i will forget. Show me and i may remember. Involve me and i'll understand.
-Confucious

ps- here's the ENTIRE OG growFAQ, posted in thread form on IC by our very own 00420 (et al) i started this thread for people like you but ya see, it gets lost in all these off topic threads ;)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20924

Last edited:
S

supa_andrew

Buzzfreebud & kingspade ; Thanks man, its so cool to see you successful growers help erm.. not so successful growers, i appreciate your advice totally,.

captain jack.. erm.. thanks? :)

G

excuse me?

i dedicated a ton of effort for a question posted in the wrong forum, i think you ought to re-read and get your priorities straight, i laid-out for you, in FULL, everything you asked about, and even saved you time searching by posting the links for you...
i'm not asking for even a simple "thanks" or in your case, "erm...thanks?" just some damn respect. i was helping you despite your blatent violation of the forum guidelines.

Buzzfreebud & kingspade ; Thanks man, its so cool to see you successful growers help erm.. not so successful growers, i appreciate your advice totally,.

captain jack.. erm.. thanks? :)

the "not so successful grower"

captainjack

:chin: so tonight i have been called a 'fuckin prick' in one thread, and 'a not-so-succesful-grower' in another thread by former og'ers after offering help...you people need to grow up, cut the bulshit, and see things for what they truly are.

if you dont want my help then dont post in an open thread, ask some one in pm.

ps- where do you come off calling ME an unsuccessful grower? just what exactly is an unsuccessful grower if youd care to enlighten me?

wouldn't common logic tell you that the person posting a thread, seeking advice regarding basic training and cloning technique/procedure, is the one who until this point has been the "unsuccessful grower?????"
not to be snotty but,
i'm the one helping you!
and if you were a contributing member of this site,
and have spent any amount of time here
(even these past 10 days),
you'd not be so quick to put me down in that manner.

G

ahhhh, now i see :p
So, do we write this one off to poor sentence structure? ambiguosity? or both?
:bashhead:

G

i was wrong.

terribly sorry for that long reply there andrew, what was i thinking?

i need to work on my spontaneous postin style, sorry again.

Guest423

Veteran
no harm...when i first seen it i thought thats what he meant too, but then i re-read it and kinda put it together....erm...no biggy lol!!

peace

S

supa_andrew

woah... hahah, the lack of words can really screw things up!

i'm on my second grow, the first was a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible mistake, but hey, it's still weed, and seeds.. more seeds than weed anyway. HA!

captain jack, i read up on your stuff, you're an amazing dude! chill mon, i'm just here to learn, anyway thanks for giving a damn about a newbie, ;)

G

What the heck so does FIM allow the main stem to keep growing? because I thought I had FIM'd, but the growth has completely stopped and the leaf mass where I cut is exactly the same 1 week on as it was when I first FIM'd.. so it looks like Ive topped the plant right? unless im missing something here...

not to hijack the thread but I have a quick question.. when you cut off a section of an MJ plant, say to top it, that section doesnt grow back.. instead new growth is created in other areas of the plant.. is this correct or do I have it wrong? And if that IS correct, how do people maintain bonzai mothers for years? At some point, wouldnt you have taken enough clones to the point where the plant would have no new growing areas to continue producing cuttings?

Guest423

Veteran
when u top a plant you get 2 new shoots, when you FIM it can produce anywhere from 3-8 new shoots. i've had 5 or 6 but some claim more, when u take a clone the growth under it shoots up, now you have 2 or more new tops, u can top or fim them and get 2-8 more shoots, then clone them and do the same over and over.....you can clone a mother plant for eternity if you wanted too.

peace

G

Wait so these two or more new shoots, they come from other places right? I.e. you dont mean the area where you made the cut will split off into two or more growths right? And if this is the case, how does FIM produce 3-8 new shoots instead of just 2 with regular topping? Ive never FIM'd or topped before, and now that overgrow is down I cant find pics of what each looks like, so im totally confused.

Guest423

Veteran
when u top the two new shoots right next to it come out, when u FIM the same two new shoots come out but you leave some growth where you normally top....that growth repairs itself and splits into new growing shoots. if you top you get 2, if you fim you'll atleast get 3 but more then likely you'll get more. someone has a thread just like this with a few FIM pics on it around here.

peace