What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

too much co2?

phatsesh

im looking for pics over co2 poisoning in plants.

i would really appreciate it if somebody had some and symptoms too look for.

They won't burn right away, but 24hr later the edges of the leaves will die first then the rest of the leaf. It looks like too much heat.

CO2 is NO JOKE ! and must be controlled to protect your health and the health of your crop.

phatsesh

Thank you, that's what I see. I was getting my tank dialed in and a hose fell off the fan and I saw some damage I haven't seen before isolated to under the fan not much but noticeable. I will also mention that I saw what I believe to be damaged or bruised stomata which turned into dry spots. Fixed the hose and the problem seems to have disappeared. Growth seems stunted but catching up.

tester

100co2_pure_10_min_1x.jpg

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51779

M

masterchef

Hey guys,m at what concentration is it too much? 1500 is ideal correct? So how big is the window before we start poisoning our girls?

Cali C.C.K.

Anything over 1200 ppm will give you nugs that shatter when you try to break them apart, 1200 will give you nice spongy dense nugs. :tiphat:

spurr

Veteran
Do not use over 1,000 ppm for best results; ~700-1,000 ppm is ideal. There is a good thread in this sub-forum where I posted much info, please see that thread.

Also, to get the 'most' out of Co2, try to have a NO3:NH4 ratio < 15 and > 8; I am using 13 at this time. It has been that found some species of plants and trees, that have increased rate of photosynthesis due to increased Co2 (ex., from a Co2 burner), will not (can not) keep up the heightened rate of photosynthesis from high Co2 after many days/weeks, or longer. Basically, it has been found that a few species of plants were given only NO3, and were grown under increased Co2, the plants to loose much of the benefit from Co2 after a few days/weeks after they started getting only NO3. However, plants given only NH4 and those given a NO3:NH4 ratio that was fairly low, continued to benefit from increased Co2 over time. It is thought, due to a few studies, plants that take up NH4 are better able to 'use' increased Co2 for better growth and rate of photosynthesis, over a longer time period, than those that get only NO3.

It's a total myth that 1,500 ppm is ideal, it's just flat wrong based upon hearsay and conjecture, not science.

Last edited:

AeroJoe

Thanks for the pic, I've never really seen co2 dmg before. I hope not to have to see it in person, but was gonna do a strong gassing to try to make sure there's nothing in the garden since I flipped the switch and like to keep spraying to a minimum in flowering. I'd also like a link to the co2 thread you spoke of spurr?

drew27

hey what brand co2 monitors are you guys using. I have a tank and bought the titan regulator for it and have it ran out behind my staionary fan. But the monitor/controller seems to be very expensive around 500 dollars. Just cerious what equipement is being used ?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i never noticed any problems with ppms going over 1000 or even 2000 ppm,,

i use the ecotechnics co2 regulator controller with the analyser so i can see what the ppms are,, prices have gone up by a bit since i bought mine,,

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
the fermentation ones ?

its an expensive way to obtain relatively little co2 over a relatively short period of time.. i wouldnt advise em anyway..

Coconutz

Veteran
Spent a bunch of time and $ sealing the fuck out of my room and adding co2 gear only to find out with the heater running in my house the garage fills up to 2500ppm!
Is that damaging to plants?
Seems to increase the stretch on some strains.
Just pulled some super dense nugs down from the room.

Coconutz

Veteran
Those cost a lot for just a display...
Is that only as a second monitor?
Are you already using a control with a display?
I use the Sentinel but Id like a second monitor just to verify the sentinels readings.
I havent calibrated since I bought it.

Latest posts

Latest posts