What's new

Vape

h.h.

Veteran
I'm going to put it out here even though it is the wrong forum. I don't know what the right one is and I trust your opinions. I don't wanna pay $500+ for a vape, but then who does. All kinds of hype and plain bs out there with Volcanoes having the biggest cult.Is there a 2/3 hundred dollar alternative or is it just as well to stick with my cheap bong?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta go with the volcano man..

-digital readout with can be 2 degrees off I believe?

-german design

-lungs feeling alot less punch

priceless.. well actually like 600 bucks, but I'm not counting as I'm to busy liking

h.h.

Veteran
I was looking at those. Quite a few mixed reviews. Is there a learning curve or do you find yourself just pulling out the pipe? I vaped once and walked away unimpressed. Figured I was doing something wrong or whoever loaded it did. It would be nice to know before spending money. I do like the price and the portability. Fairly stealth. Easy to carry in a backpack and the majority of reviews have been positive.

h.h.

Veteran
gotta go with the volcano man..

-digital readout with can be 2 degrees off I believe?

-german design

-lungs feeling alot less punch

priceless.. well actually like 600 bucks, but I'm not counting as I'm to busy liking
That is what it keeps coming back to. Really? That much better? I hear it over and over. Nothing but. Nothing, but I would have to postpone a bit more. They really should give free demonstrations.

mad librettist

Veteran
I guess the iolites are kinda child proof...

You have to be reasonable about how much material goes in, and you have to be ok with taking 10 minutes to smoke a bowl.

I lot of strains I can't smoke inside or I just go to sleep. Can't take a volcano to the park.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Friend, do yourself a favor and check out the Extreme made by arizer. I have mine for almost 2 years, rarely do i ever smoke anymore. Yes i have tried the volcano, also an awesome product. The Extreme is less than half the price and it has a remote.

Check out the fuckcombustion site, i do not think i have seen a serious negative review for it.

mad librettist

Veteran
Funny. It's all in the ritual. I get tired of getting red in the face with a consistantly resin packed bong stem. Thinking a vape would be easier to keep clean?

the bongs I've been seeing lately have very thick stems that are very easy to clear...

I use chopsticks and bamboo skewers

AGBeer

Funny. It's all in the ritual. I get tired of getting red in the face with a consistantly resin packed bong stem. Thinking a vape would be easier to keep clean?

Much...

And FWIW please do a search next time :) There are several threads here, I sent you a PM, and for the love of Rapture - post it in the correct forum. :thank you:

h.h.

Veteran
Much...

And FWIW please do a search next time :) There are several threads here, I sent you a PM, and for the love of Rapture - post it in the correct forum. :thank you:
I appreciate the link. A search gave me every post that even mentioned vaporizer. A lot to weed through. I've been hanging out here and have a sense of the value of the feedback I would get. Thanks for the PM. A much more detailed review process over there. At least for vapes.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just can't do the bags.

it just feels ghetto to me.

totally agree. I thought it to be kinda trashy.. not very classy that I like

I ordered a whip thing for it, but yes the bag is the downfall of the volcano, but in a plus you have portable fun... so ....

Scrappy4

Veteran
I'm a happy cano man. Used it two years and still do almost daily. My fav would be joints, but after a few days I get smokers cough. There is a little learning curve on a vape. I use larger bags (turkey bags) at a lower heat. The lower heat over a longer time gives you a good taste and effect. I crank the heat up a little for bag two. Mine is not digital, I set it at 4.5-5 on the dial. I do one or two bags over the course of an evening then use the duff for medibles. You could do more bags, or use it at a higher temp but the taste suffers, and the effects are couch lock. But if you leave a little bit, you get it back in the medibles.

Edit another reason to vape, my wife won't allow indoor smoking, but does not mind the vape, how did I forget that?

h.h.

Veteran
I read where the vaped stuff can be reused, either in a bong, as edibles, or simply turn up the temps.I guess concentrates could be made as well. Seems there's a lot being left behind. Other than edibles or concentrates, smoking or further heat would seem to negate the benefits. Of course I throw out a lot when I clean my bong.Seems bong smokers are turning up the heat as well to get a heavy cloud. At what point does vapor become smoke and will I end up cranking it for efficiency and to match the bong.

Scrappy4

Veteran
I've heard smoking the duff is nasty. I use fresh bud at least 2/1 over duff for oil or butter. My trim goes to hash. The duff just adds a narcotic effect, good for pain or sleep. Too much or all duff gives me a headache. And our special brownies get the hash. I guess we eat more than vape now days, and smoke little, but then were home a lot, being retired and all.....scrappy

Latest posts

Latest posts