What's new

BeAn's grow diary. 2006!

B

BeAn

Ive re-located my grow diary from OG to here.. :joint:

I'm currently growing: BOG's Lifesaver
(Jacks Cleaner x Blueberry x BogBubble x BogBubble)

Subcool/Sunycheba's Floater
(DJ Short's Flo x Jacks Cleaner x Blueberry)

Female Seed's C99.

BOG's 3B Medley. (BOGBubble, BlueMoonRocks and BOGglegum)

BOG's SourBubble.

I plan to proceed with my breeding work with Floater and Lifesaver and create a strain for my personal collection of seed lines, with a view to enter into the ICMag 420 growers cup in 2007. The C99 seeds were thrown in to make the numbers up after two lifesaver pips failed to germinate.

Last edited:
B

BeAn

Update....

Update....

:kos: Well, I've picked out the best looking ones and potted them up ready for vegetative growth.

I'm using Bio-Bizz All-Mix with some perlite mixed in for aeration and drainage.
Watering with just pure water as the soil is quite rich.

At this stage my observations for preliminary parent selection are important as i am selecting for vigorous development and growth, tight internodes ETC.
One of the most important things in my projects are good notes, every time i spot somthing i think will be important i jot it down in a journel so i can use it for reference later.

:bigeye:

Last edited:

Opt1983

Hey Bean, welcome to IC! :) ... Floater eh? sounds pungent! wish u the best of luck bro, i'll be following along. How long do you plan on vegging them for? and what size light you gonna be using? -Opt

B

BeAn

Hey man, thanks for dropping by!

Hey man, thanks for dropping by!

I plan to keep them under 51w of flouro's untill they have a few nodal points....then under the 400w hps in my grow cabinet untill they show sex, after this clones will be taken and vegged into mothers/fathers. The males from seed will be culled (clones kept in veg only) so the females can be trained to a modular SCROG system which i picked up from a thread on OG, shame i cant put a reference in here.. but there is a few weeks until then.

What are you growing, if you dont mind me asking OPT? :smoker:

B

BeAn

Cool thread man!

Cool thread man!

I'd love to try pure Blackberry but there was none about, i got PCB (Pineapple C99 x Blackberry) instead. But no bother, im sure its just as good if not better. Im going to try and stablize the purple/red colouring for future use in crosses, a purple C99....mmmmmm :chin:

Dr.Ganja

hy bean i was looking to your nute line up and i use pretty much what you use. do you prefer the bioflores from canna or biobloom from biobizz?
have you used the bioboost from canna?
just one last Q is the 13/14 from canna organic?
thanks good look with your breeding project!!!
jah bless

B

BeAn

Thanks for popping by, nice one.

Thanks for popping by, nice one.

I haven't used the Bio-Bizz nutes yet or the BioBoost, but the Bio canna nutes i used on my last grow didn't seem enough even with regular feeding. Throughout flowering i had deficiencies, whether this was due to grower error i don't know but they didn't seem to work for me. But Ive heard good things about the canna range... :joint:

The PK 13/14 is most definitely not organic, hence i wont be using it this grow. the hydro nutes were left over from a previous grow, of which i was unsuccessful lol. back when i was a newbie, i tried using a hydro-farm and hydro nutes and because my knowledge of hydroponics/cannabis/plants (in general) was next to none and i burnt the living shit out of the poor things lol.
I decided at that point that i don't like hydro..... :fsu:

Sorry i couldnt be of more help.. :joint:
Stay safe man...:bandit:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi BeAn, glad you is safe n sound :wave:

Good to see your planning what grows on :yes: ...and making notes on results (no matter how trivial)... this is all good 'horticultural practise' buddy :D good stuff
If possible stand ya water over-night to remove chlorine,,, before adding the bio-gro/bloom. (this will improve overall taste and raise water temps).

all the best
please keep me posted on procreation,
you need anything I n I always a pm away :dance:
peace dLeaf

Remember; "pon ya learn, pon ya grow..."

Last edited:
B

BeAn

Thanks for the kind words man.

Thanks for the kind words man.

Good to see you here DocLeaf, drop by whenever you want buddy! I may need to call on your wealth of experience and knowledge from time2time.. :wave:

One of the Golden Rules of nearly everything:
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.<< The seven P's.

Ill make arrangements for a water butt or something to store water in large amounts, so its settled and tepid for a while until i need it. Good shout man... :bigeye:

Opt1983

Sup bean, Strains i got going in my Grow op right now are some White rhinos from Nirvana, Aurora indica from nirvana, and i also started my Skunk #1 freebies i got from them when ordering my other packs. Out of 8 skunks only 2 are left, some didnt crack, and 3 looked like complete dog shit so i tossed em. I use a 400 watt hps for veg and flower at the moment, using a Soiless mix with Peat,perlite,worm castings...with bone meal , blood meal , kelp meal, and dolomite added. I too am going to be taking some cuttings in the coming weeks to try and find me a suitable mom. You say you have some Pineappple C99x Blackberry going? Crazyness, that is number 1 on my wish list for my next order of seeds! along with some Mountain jam i think i might go with. How is the Pine x blackberry holding up? -Opt

B

BeAn

The truth is......

The truth is......

I'm planning to grow them out as soon as i have done a good run with the LifeSaver & Floater., really looking forward to it...C99 is one of my top smokes, hard to get hold of unless you or someone you know is growing it. The blackberry is a superb parent for crosses as it turns purple under normal conditions...A very very cool trait, everyone loves purple buds! :yummy:

I will most definitely document the grow here, as this thread is now my permanent diary so to speak....watch this space.... :lurk:

Good luck man.. :joint:

Stay safe... :sasmokin:

Opt1983

Thats sweet dude, ya..im planning on finding a good mom and growing a few harvests with cuttings until i actually start a new strain, i really wanna tweak out one of these WR's or AI's to really make em bang, so to speak. But i will order my packs of seeds ahead of time...i hear good things bout this C99 and C99 crosses. I am a guy that really likes the more sativa like highs, and purple buds, u damn right bro! :) i got this thread subscribed so i'll be checking back daily. -Opt

B

BeAn

Nice one man.

Nice one man.

Yeah the sativa buzz does it for me, but you always gotta have an indica to help you sleep after drinking too many cans of red-bull lol.
With the PCB i plan to work with it over several generations until it shows C99 traits (or as close as) and purple buds in a larger % of offspring.

But yeah man, sounds like a plan... :sasmokin:
You gotta see what a strain can do before you start the next, You may not get the best the first time round.

Stay safe. :joint:

B

BeAn

Update....

Update....

Ive planted some SourBubble BX3 and Some of the BOG medley (3B's, BOGBubble, BlueMoonRocks and BOGglegum). Simply because i want more choice in what parents to choose, taking into account germination rates and male/female ratios. just to make the numbers up so to speak, seeing as i don't think the C99 are going to germinate (we can only live in hope, it is in the hands of the great Ganja goddess...). Should be fun, I'm looking to use the same selected Lifesaver male as in the Floater cross. Should make for an interesting hybrid, SourSaver BeAn style... :yummy:
Has anyone got any tips when using the 'strait to soil' germination method seen below, I've never used this method before. :bashhead:

Another one bites the perlite, one of the floater seedlings just didn't take to the soil transplant...so the way the world works. just makes room for more strains, i even used the soil in the trays for the SB/3B. As long as i get at least one male lifesaver and one female floater worthy of my efforts (Which considering the genetics I'm sure i will not be disappointed...) I'll be happy. I'm looking for a sturdy male stud and a colourful potent girl with big ol' buds dripping with resin...... :rasta:

So far my notes conclude:

LifeSaver
#1:-Very good development, Vigorous growth foliage/stem/roots, red stem.
#3:-Slow but strong stem, red stem. (possibly good male?)
#6:-Good development, sensitive, good stem growth/strength.

Floater
#1:-Vigorous growth.
#4:-Good stem growth, average development, vigorous growth.
#5:-Long taproot, good development, strong stem.

Looking good so far.... :bandit:

Last edited:

Opt1983

Looking sweet bean! i wish i could bang with messing with some breeding, but just dont have the means to do it at the time! :p my ladies are acting crazy on me, 4 out of 9 of them have showed preflowers in the first 26 days! i'm getting anxious , since this is my first grow in the past 2 years! These plants fucking amaze me bro! aint it sweet? :p -Opt

B

BeAn

Yeah man they are very special plants, you don't see this much variety in potatoes? lol :yummy:

You don't have to have beans to breed plants just a mummy and a daddy, let a male pollinate a female and 3-5 weeks later........hey presto...you just created your own seeds. The breeding part comes later, first the growing... :woohoo:

As soon as a cannabis plant shows pre-flowers its sexually mature, so you can stick them under your flowering lights anytime now. If you were to induce flowering before your girls hit puberty, it may create problems later in flower.....dem dere girlies could grow testicles lol... :sasmokin:
This is like a self defence mechanism to ensure the pollination/survival of the species, basically by inducing or forcing as some people call it puts the plant into a stressful enough situation to change the levels of certain hormones in certain parts of itself. If this change of hormones comes to early, the plant will think its missed its time to be pollinated, thus pollinating itself to ensure the survival of the species. :joint:

Sounds good so far man..keep me posted. :lurk:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BeAn said:
One of the Golden Rules of nearly everything:
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.<< The seven P's.
:yes: One of my golden rules is borrowed from BushTuckerMan, and the Australian Special Forces:

K.I.S.S. ( Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.)

peace n green

B

BeAn

I borrowed my saying from the British army....you can see the obvious difference in mentality of the to nations forces. :joint:

Both equally important in almost any situation...nice one man. :sasmokin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts