What's new

OG kush S1 -Flower pix-

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Excellant pics. Although the yield will suck, the potency and type of high makes up for it. I've got some S1's i've been meaning to get started for awhile.

Amd

i just love when someone grows exellent pot from selfmade seeds.I have two hermies in my mommacabinet and wouldnt change them for the world <3
i never grown kush, but i am anxious to learn about them. Cypress hill can't be wrong ;)

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Nice Work Ogstradamus

I got 1 OG Kush S1 fem in day 30 of 12/12 haven't been in the garden in 5 days but will be tonight...Your plants look real sweet.. My plant has very long distance between internodes... How is the spacing of the internodes....It looks like I am only getting 3 buds from this plant One top one bottom and some scragglys on bottom... Now keep in mind this is from one seed never topped or trimmed or prunned just started and vegged for 2 weeks in hydro ebb and flow and flowered at 1kw HPS
Just wondering if that is the bad yeild everyone keeps talking about (the internodale space)

BlowMonkey-
I do see some things that resemble seeds. I've never had a plant that had seeds so I'm kinda confused as to what the weird growths are. To me they look like calyxes with no resin on them, but I thought seeds grew inside the calyxes...I don't know. I've searched for bananas from bottom to top and I can't find any evidence of anything. I do have a male S1 in my veg room that slightly autoflowered. The room is about 10 feet away...wonder if this could be related.

Can plants seed themselves without growing male parts?

Chief-
Yeah definitely pop those babies and do some mom hunting. I still have some left and I'm eventually gunna grow em out and see what other phenos I can come up with.

Amd-
I actually didn't make the seeds I ordered them from Cali Kush. I wish I made em :).

Chef-
Yes, the internodal space has a lot to do with the crap yield. I notice they get decent colas right near the light, but since the next node is so far down that light isn't as strong. Happens with all grows, of course, but it's pretty bad with this strain. I topped both of them soon after settin up in DWC. For my next grow I am definitely using either LST, SCROG, or SOG. I've heard OG doesn't do well in SoG but I'm goin to go for that method I think. I don't really have time to deal with LST/SCroG.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Yeah the seed forms inside the calyx and as it matures the calyx slowly opens. Some swollen calyxs can look like it's forming a seed though it's not. You can also squeeze one and if it's forming a seed it will be harder than a non pregnant calyx.

I resist taking pics of these things every second. I nearly wet my pants during this photo shoot lol :)

I think it's day 51 right now, just a guess I don't really keep track...you know when your shit's done ya know?

G

OG plants

OG plants

Help me out here Ogstradamus. I think I may have 2 pheno's of OG. either that or one is og and the other is lemon. First picture is what i have labeled as OG. Second picture would be the unknown in question. Does the second one remind you of your OG? Is there version 1 and 2 or something?

Pic one

Pic two

If you have any input I appreciate it!

Thanks

So lemme get this straight, those are S1's...both different phenos?

Your top pic definitely looks like mine, maybe a little more purple. Can't really tell from the bottom pic what it would be...

The lemon pheno still is OGkush, I just think it's more lemony and not as kushy. My guess is OG kush is a cross of some indica and some sativa....the original clone probably leaning more towards the indica side. Since we have S1s and have the possibility of finding new phenos, we can find plants that lean more towards the sativa parent of the OG.

Mine is definitely wayyy leaning sativa....as it's at day 60 now and still looks like she's got a week or so to go.

Relating to this, I remember reading someone's post saying that OG kush is originally a lemon thai cross ( maybe dog X lemon thai? hindu kush X lemon thai? I duno lol.). This would explain the extreme stretch, extreme dankness, and sativa structure. I've never smoked thai though, so I'm just throwin it out there...

G

Well, you see I dont know if they are s1's or what. i received the cuts and must have lost the label on the second pic. The top pic still had the og label. But the bottom one doesnt have as much of that spurting to the sides bud form, it has more spear-head looking buds and uniformity. The purple one was in a room that got 47 degrees one night and some more like it. the second one has thin branches like the og, the leaves get the same form and hue of coloration, but the bud shape is different, and it is stretchy as all hell (not as much as this fricken somango i was workin with) and it is at day 65 now and not near done, i could see 80 days. But not for the purple plant, that is probably almost done. so yeah maybe they are the indica and sativa og?

oh here is a picture with the purple og in the foreground and the plant in question in the background to the right.

:chin:

Last edited: