What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Airpots/Coco/RDWC/2x600W NDL-Cheese,BlueCheese&NYCD

T

tea

hello ic community:wave:

there are not so much grow reports with airpots & coco on ic and i think now is time to write and make my first grow report here with this...i hope you enjoy it:)

my setup:

1m²:
9 x 1.32gal/5l airpots > barney's blue cheese from fem seeds
1 x 0.79gal/3l airpot > barney's blue cheese from fem seed

1m²
5 x 1.32gal/5l airpots > nycd
5 x 1.32gal/5l airpots > ghs cheese

-cana coco pro + and on the bottom grid a layer correls to hold the coco in the airpots.
picture.php

picture.php

- recirculate
- for every m² an extra 26.41gal/100l rez
- dripper setup
- ecolizer nutriens

picture.php

1. day germination barney's farm blue cheese, gh cheese clones. in front nycd clones
picture.php

2. day germination barney's farm blue cheese, gh cheese clones
picture.php

day 1 after transplantation one of my new ndl's was not working and i had bloom light running on one m² for 2 days.:mad:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

veg day 11 nycd
picture.php

picture.php

bloom day 1 - ghs cheese & nycd
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bloom day 1 - left: barney's farm blue cheese
- right: ghs cheese& nycd

picture.php

bloom day 1 - barney's farm blue cheese
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

watering: the first days of veg time i've watering 1 - 3 times for some seconds until the run/off water comes out of the airpots at the bottom. not too much water the first days to let the roots grow faster. i've watering simply more often when the leafs become light green but not too long to let the roots grow and the plants not stretch too much.
the first 2 weeks of bloom time i've watering them for 3-4 times from 5-15 minutes.same way...watering more often when the leafs become light green but not too long to let the roots grow and the plants not stretch too much.

before some days i've started to water all time like hydro and now the nycd and the ghs cheese plants (bd 15) looking really fantastic. fat stems,a perfect green,leafs looking to the light like satellite dishs and the roots looking a little bit true the most holes
dance013.gif

but on the other m² some of the blue cheese looks like they have mg&cu deficit. but only 3 from the fast growing bc plants. i think its the genetic because all other plants looking really good.

hope you enjoy it...update follows

your tea:wave:

antheis

Veteran
are those your mums on either side in 3 litre pots?
how do they seem to like being in that size, and how long have you had them in those air pots?
also, your plants look beautiful, are you using head's 6/9ml formula? (sorry if you already said, i may have missed it.)

Tokesome

Beautiful, those roots obviously love the Air-Pots mate.

How about a couple of foliar feeds of Epsom salts at lights out 3 days apart, sure you know, but 1 teaspoon per ltr, ph7ish. I`m sure that should sort out the Mg hungry ones, without messing with the rez, which is suiting the other plants.

One other possibility is that these ones dont like the hydro stylie feeding, and maybe over wet with a lack of oxygen at the roots causing them to struggle to take up the required nutrients, but looking at the roots and the idea of the Air-Pot, I`d say that`s a bit of a long shot. Its just that I`ve had similar symptoms during overwatering in conventional pots some time ago. Too dry will also give these Mg def symptoms. Like you say though, probably a strain issue as the others look fookin great mate.

Thanks for dropping in the Air-Pot feeding schedule thread I started up, hopefully it`ll get rolling soon. Great response, as I`m also thinking Hydro or near hydro stylie, once the roots are well developed. I`ll be watching this thread for sure.

Cheers, Toke. ;)

T

tea

hey friends:wave:
are those your mums on either side in 3 litre pots?
how do they seem to like being in that size, and how long have you had them in those air pots?
also, your plants look beautiful, are you using head's 6/9ml formula? (sorry if you already said, i may have missed it.)
hey antheis:wave:
yes this one plant is a c13 haze mom/4 months old/selected from seeds. i cuted her roots down and of course the top,too before 6 weeks and transplanted her in a 1.3gal/5l airpot filled with soil.
and sorry but i don't know what you mean with "head's 6/9ml formula"? never heard before...
Beautiful, those roots obviously love the Air-Pots mate.

How about a couple of foliar feeds of Epsom salts at lights out 3 days apart, sure you know, but 1 teaspoon per ltr, ph7ish. I`m sure that should sort out the Mg hungry ones, without messing with the rez, which is suiting the other plants.

One other possibility is that these ones dont like the hydro stylie feeding, and maybe over wet with a lack of oxygen at the roots causing them to struggle to take up the required nutrients, but looking at the roots and the idea of the Air-Pot, I`d say that`s a bit of a long shot. Its just that I`ve had similar symptoms during overwatering in conventional pots some time ago. Too dry will also give these Mg def symptoms. Like you say though, probably a strain issue as the others look fookin great mate.

Thanks for dropping in the Air-Pot feeding schedule thread I started up, hopefully it`ll get rolling soon. Great response, as I`m also thinking Hydro or near hydro stylie, once the roots are well developed. I`ll be watching this thread for sure.

Cheers, Toke.
wink.gif
hey toke:wave:
the idea with the foilar spray i had yesterday,too but don't knew the dosage.:thank you:
and maybe the blue cheese plants with def really don't like the hydro stylie watering. i will give the bc plants not more hydro stylie watering the next days and a mg floilar spray and then we will see:)

your, tea:wave:

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
tea

you finally made it buddy

:rtfo:
awesome

and OMG
what a setup
im just sitting in front of ma screen like
:jawdrop:
against all my expectations you surprised me again
and this one is definetly subscribed

:lurk:

hans

T

tea

tea

you finally made it buddy

:rtfo:
awesome

and OMG
what a setup
im just sitting in front of ma screen like
:jawdrop:
against all my expectations you surprised me again
and this one is definetly subscribed

:lurk:

hans

hey hans my friend:wave:
thank you for your compliments :thank you:
i do my best and i am pleased that you're on board:)

your, tea :coffee:

T

tea

hey toke :wave:
a few minutes ago i've mixed the foilar spray. but only 1/2 teaspoon was needed to become an ec from 2,0.
from 1 teaspoon/litre there was an ec from 3,8:jawdrop:

hope it works fine and the 3 problem girls will become a perfect green like the others:dance013:

antheis

Veteran
oh wow, those are plants are pretty big for only 5l pots, i picked up 3l to veg in and 7.5l to flower. i'm thinking that 7.5 might be a little too big for my needs.
but the good thing about air pots is that you can move the bottom up to reduce volume.
which makes me think about starting in one pot and just lowering the bottom as the plant grows, but that would probably be more trouble than its worth.
oh and the 6/9ml formula i'm talking about is in the sticky 'h3ad goes coco' in this subforum.

T

tea

oh wow, those are plants are pretty big for only 5l pots, i picked up 3l to veg in and 7.5l to flower. i'm thinking that 7.5 might be a little too big for my needs.
but the good thing about air pots is that you can move the bottom up to reduce volume.
which makes me think about starting in one pot and just lowering the bottom as the plant grows, but that would probably be more trouble than its worth.
oh and the 6/9ml formula i'm talking about is in the sticky 'h3ad goes coco' in this subforum.
sure that the plants are so big? on the photos with the measuring tape i've measured from the tabletop. that means you must substract 25 cm ;)
...and thank you for explain me what you mean with... now i will read it:thank you:

S

Silky Johnson

Looking nice in those Air Pots. Im just starting out with them in coco as well. Im loving the results so far. Keep us posted

T

tea

Looking nice in those Air Pots. Im just starting out with them in coco as well. Im loving the results so far. Keep us posted
thanks mate:thank you:
ya i love coco,too. i'm back with this medium after rockwoll,correls and soil and i think now with the airpots i will stay with coco for the end of my life if the harvest yields so much more the plants looks like at this moment:D

your, tea:coffee::wave:

antheis

Veteran
ah i see, but i see about 112cm on there so that puts you at 87cm total height. which isnt that bad for a 3l pot imo.
maybe i have low standards, lol

sure that the plants are so big? on the photos with the measuring tape i've measured from the tabletop. that means you must substract 25 cm ;)
...and thank you for explain me what you mean with... now i will read it:thank you:

T

tea

ah i see, but i see about 112cm on there so that puts you at 87cm total height. which isnt that bad for a 3l pot imo.
maybe i have low standards, lol
ya 87cm is for sure a nice height for a 3l pot and only 2 weeks veg.
...and i don't like strechtchi plants without nothing than cutting all crap in the dark zone down under..for me it's a worth of time and nutriens:)

have a great day...tea:coffee:

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there tea :)
yeah , really nice to see you on the run with those healthy n nice looking plantjes, reporting and sharing your
airpots experience with us :yes: ...I'll stay tuned for sure..
all the best
hasi

T

tea

hi there tea :)
yeah , really nice to see you on the run with those healthy n nice looking plantjes, reporting and sharing your
airpots experience with us :yes: ...I'll stay tuned for sure..
all the best
hasi
hey hasi:wave:
one hand washes the other and you and so much other members here
on ic do great work done and now i will give something back to the community:smoke out:

have a great day:wave:

your, tea:coffee:

Tokesome

Hey bro, I`m well fooking impressed with the Roots you have coming through the Air-pots. I usually raise my conventional pots by 3 inches off of the table to reduce the perched water table. Whilst the perched water table wouldn`t be a problem in such free draining pots, I`d maybe be worried about nasty shit and bugs attacking those roots as they lay on the wet table, you can see that a few are going brown. Prehaps best of all would be to regularly trim the roots coming out of the bottoms of the pots, this trimming would promote even more and stronger roots and avoid any root rot under the plant pots? Just a thought buddy, whadya think?

Keep up the excellent work, it looks like you`ll be reaping some fine rewards for your considerable effort.

Brave move, first grow with coco and Air-Pots. I`m interested in what made you decide on them? Whatever the research, it looks to be coming good mate. ;)

Cheers, Toke :)

antheis

Veteran
is that 2 weeks from seed? did you start out in in smaller cups and transplant to the 3l pots?
also, head's thread is quite long, i filtered for only his posts to come up, it makes it a much more manageable read. (2 days of light reading instead of probably 2 weeks) you'll also be amazed at how many times he repeats himself, quite amusing really.
mine are just now putting out their second set of serrated leaves, so i'm happy to know you've got some giants after two weeks, i guess i'll see if it is the pots or genetics.

ya 87cm is for sure a nice height for a 3l pot and only 2 weeks veg.
...and i don't like strechtchi plants without nothing than cutting all crap in the dark zone down under..for me it's a worth of time and nutriens:)

have a great day...tea:coffee:

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
hi tea,

nice to follow a growlog from you finally. watched for this since a while. :)
iam excited to see them gals in coco+airpot. will be surely a promising combo.

and iam glad that ur nycd is in on it. u know i really liked her pictures from the last runs.
wish you all the best mate and looot of tasty weed. :smoke:

greetings,randa

Latest posts

Latest posts