What's new

Moving to the City of Cannabis, California, and the Eventual Takeover of the Town.

Hi everyone,
First off, I will urge everyone who reads this post to watch these videos.

Sheriff Tony Demeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEKB8pU2Tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpOT7wR-wU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2lVI6gzsVM&feature=related

This one is worth watching too, if you have the time.
Sheriff Mack Leader - Sheriff's Begin Revolt Against Federal Authority
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRfkXK13KM
But if you don't have 1 1/2 hours, watch this one instead -
Oathkeeper Sheriff Richard Mack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60

For a long time now, a plan has been brewing around in my brain. We have Prop 215 in California, but there are problems. The main problem being the Sheriffs are all bribed with Federal Funds, to be ultimately co-opted and working for the federal Government. We have no Sheriffs left with any balls between their legs. They are all chickenshits. But if you have the right Sheriff, you can do almost anything that should be legal. This is basically a state's rights issue, but if your Sheriff works for the Feds, forget your freedom, your right to own firearms to protect yourself if you grow, and you cannot grow more than a certain amount or the feds will take you out. What we need is a protected stronghold in our own town.

The plan:
A.) Find a location in California, already covered by prop 215 where the people are ripe for this, and the population low. Centrally located city in California already established with a Sheriff's Office, a Mayor and City Council etc. - Colusa looks perfect for this.
B.) We start a website called ourcannabistownofcolusa.com as the central focus point for actions.
C.) The town has a population of approx. 20,000 people. Moving 5000 people in there, registering to vote as homeless, on any street corner, declaring they live in Colusa county and preparing to move there for good, would sway our votes 25% in our direction. Moving 10,000 people there would be a 50% or more majority on any action.
D.) We select the people with the best credentials for FREEDOM, and the Constitution to be elected into office and swept through by our votes. We run for Sheriff and D.A., which both offices in Colusa went completely unopposed this last June election. We run a Mayor, and place our people on the city council.
(This could be done even easier in Mendo, but the people are happy with their law enforcement or they would change it already, once and for all. Mendo peeps are too controlled by money, greed, and their set lifestyles, even if a few get arrested, they sacrifice them life lambs to the slaughter so a few others can survive high on their hog.) I think we need a new place to break in where they don't see it coming and can do nothing about it.
E.) We change the city ordinances to allow for any amount of cannabis cultivation that a person can grow. The Sheriff kicks the Feds out and puts them on notice they will be arrested if they enter the county to do arrests without permission, and we tell the IRS and Feds to take a hike!
F.) The people may now finally prosper unhindered, financially and in their personal safety. We abolish all laws that are repugnant to the Constitution and basic general freedoms and the right to travel, life safely and securely in our homes, and grow our own food organically without GMOs, chemicals and everything else forced on us. The new food bill going through congress right now will actually prohibit growing food and sharing it with others or charging for it at all. This tyranny needs to stop, at all costs, if we are to preserve any freedoms left in this taken over country of ours. It must begin at the local level and branch out from there. We don't need to overthrow the government, we need to BECOME the government, and then there is NOTHING they can do about it!

This will likely not happen overnight, but every movement starts somewhere, and I propose we start this one here and now with this thread. Keep it bumped up, keep sending people to it, keep the spark and idea of freedom alive, and all together, we will create a great future, we will all be happy with, hopefully, in the long run. It's either that, or the concentration camps they are building for us, and I think this idea will make everyone more comfortable than any concentration camp they might be headed to in the near future.

igrowone

Veteran
i suspect there are already a number of towns in cali that meet your needs
but i am subscribing to the thread, curious on the responses

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I like the thinking here! Having a town as described above would create a zone where we can live as we're supposed to live: by the constitution and our own local ordinances. It'd be ideal to have a place to live without any fear of arrest by local law enforcement. Grow what you need, share with your neighbors, try to be as off the grid as possible, and be a real community. Sounds great in theory.

The reality is...

The Feds would come in and arrest the sheriff, the deputy, the DA, the judges, board of supervisors/town council and anyone else deemed by the gov't snitches/plants to be worthy of arrest. They would seize the town in the name of national security and it would all be over very soon after that. RICO charges would be given out like candy and some people would probably be going to jail for a long time.

That said, I still like the idea. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to go to jail, but I just wonder how long the feds would sit back and let something like that happen before they make up some excuse to come ruin everything.

HB

Last edited:
I like the thinking here! Having a town as described above would create a zone where we can live as we're supposed to live: by the constitution and our own local ordinances. It'd be ideal to have a place to live without any fear of arrest by local law enforcement. Grow what you need, share with your neighbors, try to be as off the grid as possible, and be a real community. Sounds great in theory.

The reality is...

The Feds would come in and arrest the sheriff, the deputy, the DA, the judges, board of supervisors/town council and anyone else deemed by the gov't snitches/plants to be worthy of arrest. They would seize the town in the name of national security and it would all be over very soon after that. RICO charges would be given out like candy and some people would probably be going to jail for a long time.

That said, I still like the idea, lol. I just wonder how long the feds will sit back and let something like that happen.

HB

I understand your thinking, here. However, we have in this country, government by for and of the people. And this is how it's done. There are counties you can live in, and Sheriff Mack or Demeo would protect you from the Feds. If you watched the video, you would see this already happened. There was a verbal standoff and the Feds never came back. It involved cattle seizures in Nevada I believe. They threatened to arrest the Sheriff but never did, after the Sheriff threatened the same.

Your response is well taken, but it's also a reaction based in fear as well. I'm not saying you, my friend, are in fear, however, your response is typical of those fearful of the reaction by government and therefore, many actions do not get taken. Actions not taken, are also movements that never took off. Some movements start with a single action. It triggers wider spread events. The ability for the government to go after a whole town, is slightly absurd, especially when they passed all the local laws at the local level and then follow them.

I'm sure we could imagine all the bad things that "could" happen, however, following the law, and being the government, we could also imagine all the good things that could happen.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
too many americans own guns for them to herd us into concentration camps. hell those tea baggers seem like they are praying obama tries to take guns from cittizens so they can start another civil war....

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey Medical,

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I have a question though: Are there any news stories out there describing how a town sheriff kept the DEA and the ATF out of people's grows in California, or any where else in the US, because of prop 215 or some other state law? If there is some precedent for this, I'd like to hear it.

If I'm correct, owning and breeding cattle isn't considered a federal crime. I watched the sheriff demeo vids and I wanted to thank you for putting all the time and effort into digging up some research to fall back on; however, cattle doesn't equal cannabis. Won't hold up in Fed court is all I'm saying, but it would be an interesting and possibly volatile case of State's rights. Could be a real game changer or a complete failure through no fault of it's own.

I'm not here to argue, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

HB

Hey Medical,

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I have a question though: Are there any news stories out there describing how a town sheriff kept the DEA and the ATF out of people's grows in California, or any where else in the US, because of prop 215 or some other state law? If there is some precedent for this, I'd like to hear it.

If I'm correct, owning and breeding cattle isn't considered a federal crime. I watched the sheriff demeo vids and I wanted to thank you for putting all the time and effort into digging up some research to fall back on; however, cattle doesn't equal cannabis. Won't hold up in Fed court is all I'm saying, but it would be an interesting and possibly volatile case of State's rights. Could be a real game changer or a complete failure through no fault of it's own.

I'm not here to argue, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

HB

In the Sheriff Mack case, where he did the same, it was a Federal Income Tax IRS case. That is pretty severe.

BTW, it's more the principal. The Principal applies, regardless of the supposed "crime".

robbiedublu

The reality is...

That said, I still like the idea. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to go to jail, but I just wonder how long the feds would sit back and let something like that happen before they make up some excuse to come ruin everything.

HB

Forget it then, i'll pass on being the sheriff.

kyndone

i would be interested to see if the local government has ever tried to protect anyone from the fed. government on a mj case.,

Storm Crow

Veteran
Incidentally, I've lived near Colusa- wouldn't want to do that again! One summer, our thermometer read 120, and the mosquitoes are insanely thick if you live near rice fields or any of the thousands of drainage ditches! The chemicals used in the rice fields are often in the water you drink and can kill even the crayfish!

Granny

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts