What's new

Power Kush

actech

Just got my order from the boo and was lucky enough to get some Power Kush as freebies. Anyone got any info on this strain?

F. Dupp

Veteran
I got one as a freebie as well. Its a beautiful plant. I put it into flower 2 weeks ago and so far it is outdoing The Church, Sour D, Pineapple Express, and White Widow that I put into flower at the same time. It also clones very easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, i've got 2 packs of these. From what i've read they're not kush at all, they are actually {Afghani x Skunk #1} x {Afghani x Skunk #1}. Made from crossing s1's it says in the dinafem ad. Should be like Super Skunk eh.

F. Dupp

Veteran
By the looks of things that would make sense. It doesnt have the wide leaves like the other kush's I have grown, but it also has many more bud sites. It has a very nice plant structure, and so far it looks like a good yielder.

F. Dupp

Veteran
Update- At just over 3 weeks of 12/12 it is already very crystally and smells like gummy bears.

I got one seed and grew it out. The plant was surprisingly a HUGE yielder and very fast finisher. About 6-7 weeks and done. Hybrid vigor for sure in this plant.

Growbrass

Show me a plant that you pull in 6 weeks, and I'll show to you that it's not ready to be pulled. Sorry, that is just a FACT. Yes I have multiple packs of Power Kush freebies, and grew a few out. Quick finishing? Yeah... 6 weeks quick? HELL NO.

F. Dupp

Veteran
Mine did nothing after 6 weeks. Every pistil was orange and I never saw it pop another white one after that time. I couldnt chop her down til yesterday (at 8 weeks) because I run an aero system and her roots have grown into the other plants roots and I dont want rotting rootballs in there. The trichs are now about 90% amber. She reminds me of a burnt pizza. I was worried that she was kind of just rotting on the vine. This is the fastest finishing plant I have ever grown. I now have 8 of them in my other machine with about a dozen Sour Diesels who dont finish nearly as fast, so Im gonna have some problems.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
just a thought i dont grow in a aerosystem and would never mix such different strains but what if u were to flush for a week take down most of the plant and leave a few small branches and continue to feed the sour till its done. that way you can get the best out of both. and the roots wont die. 2wks isnt that long but sour runs 70-75 days which is gonna be 4-5 wks overripe if u leave it. i smoked some powerkush my boy grew and it tasted like strawberries i liked it alot. got a freebie in the stash thats gettin popped when i do a seed crop.

Show me a plant that you pull in 6 weeks, and I'll show to you that it's not ready to be pulled. Sorry, that is just a FACT. Yes I have multiple packs of Power Kush freebies, and grew a few out. Quick finishing? Yeah... 6 weeks quick? HELL NO.

Growbrass--I hear what you're saying and would normally agree with you but I truly believe there is a pheno in the Power Kush that is absolutely ready in 6 weeks. Quite a few people have said the same thing (finished in 6 weeks) for it not to be true or sheer coincidence. Maybe not all of the beans mind you, but possibly a few in a pack.

I chopped my lone PK plant at 53 days and only waited that long because I saw no change during the last 7-10 days. I gave a seed to a friend and she had much the same experience--possibly hers was even a bit quicker. Both plants had only about a week's veg.

Don't want to argue but too many people are having the same results--6 weeks flower and done--for it to be a fluke...IMHO.

PS The freebies I received appeared very green & immature and I honestly didn't expect them to even germ--maybe these are the "6-week-wonders" ???

F. Dupp

Veteran
At eleven days of 12/12 the 8 PK's I have are already forming buds, while my other strains are just starting to show pistils. This plant is faster from the get-go. If you go back to my first post in this thread you will see that I mentioned it was "outdoing" the other strains I had in that run. It didnt end up doing more than the others, the PK just did it much faster. MUCH faster. The pheno I have could replace the crappy auto's my friends are growing outdoors up here in the frozen tundra.

Stoney- I try to grow a nice variety of Indica's to keep the flower times around 8 or 9 weeks. Because the Sour D is never done when I have to chop (plus its a bitch to trim), I have tried to axe it from my lineup a couple different times, but everyone around here loves it. Even when its cut down prematurely. I have much stronger strains, but a few guys always want the SD. Also, I never thought that this PK would finish so fast, or I would have popped the bean in late winter and just made a mother to put clones outside in the spring.

Growbrass

alright, I'm poppin' 2 more packs to see if I missed this crazy fast pheno.

edit: I only have 1 pack of Power Kush left, a pack of Super Silver and a pack of Critical+. Think I should get another order in and request Power Kush to start with 10... or start the 5 now?

hashit

Pictures and description I wrote a while back:

Week ~7 - 8
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@9 weeks
picture.php

Few days dried:
picture.php

picture.php

One month cure:
picture.php

I seemed to have a calcium def problem with her that I just couldn't correct! She had a nice citrus smell while flower...and she has a nice citrus-diesel-skunky smell (more like walking into a skunk cemetery surrounded by citrus trees while diesel fuel spilled all over it) after about 1 month curing...the high, or rather, the stone is great. I harvested around 10 weeks @ 75% amber...

Edit: This was grown under a 400 with a lot of LSTing...this plant (freebie seed) was grown next to my Sensi Jack Herers. I don't remember the exact yield, but it was somewhere around 1.5oz dry

Growbrass--If I were in your shoes I'd have a look at the 5 beans in your remaining pack. If any appear light-green/immature I'd pop them all now before spending the $$$ for another order with no guarantee you'll get the PK as a requested freebie.

For some reason (and if I'm wrong about this please correct me) I have a sneaky feeling the fast phenos are more prevalent in the immature-looking seeds and a shortish veg period helps them to finish quicker...just my :2cents:

Either way, let us know how it goes for you. Good luck bro...

I have a pk at day 21 r now and will post pics tommorrow. Like I said, I got one seed and it turned out to be female and very very fast finishing. Lucky bean i guess but believe me I have cloned the shit out of it and am definetely keeping it around. It is definetely a nute whore and showed signs of mag def in week 2 after 3 days of bushmaster at 800ppm. It was YELLOW and easily corrected in 3-4 days. Bad choice to mix with other strains though because it's so fast and hungry.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mine did nothing after 6 weeks. Every pistil was orange and I never saw it pop another white one after that time. I couldnt chop her down til yesterday (at 8 weeks) because I run an aero system and her roots have grown into the other plants roots and I dont want rotting rootballs in there. The trichs are now about 90% amber. She reminds me of a burnt pizza. I was worried that she was kind of just rotting on the vine. This is the fastest finishing plant I have ever grown. I now have 8 of them in my other machine with about a dozen Sour Diesels who dont finish nearly as fast, so Im gonna have some problems.

pistil color doesnt mean anything. i have a 10 week strain whose pistils are orange and shriveled at 6 weeks too. doesnt mean anything.

show me a cut that has all cloudy trics at 6 weeks and i will show you 5 grand.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i had 2 power kush freebies, and one was a def keeper, its the fruity pebbles pheno, i reveged her and kept her as a mom, i just took 40 clones from her....hoping to run them next run....