What's new

Kusage

G

Kusage

Not planning to show this grow, I do not have many pictures in its growing season. I do have some finished/cured bud to share & offer my opinion on TH’s Kusage.

Grow materials;

5 gal nursery pots
Pro Mix / worm castings / perilite
Pure blend Pro grow/bloom / Super Tea / Budswell / Kelp
2- 430 HPS

The grow;

All 10 germinated and popped, ending up with 6 FM’s. They were vegged. for apx. 40 days and finished right under 70 days.

They all showed nice vigor and with little maintenance and a regular feeding program they proved to be an easy plant to grow. Kusage is well suited for all levels of growing; both the beginner and pro will be able to bring it to a glistening finish.

The plant;
I found 3 phenos – let’s call it 2 = 2 of them were so close it would be hard to tell you the difference.

None of them were toped and all grew with a nice main bud

#1. I had 4 of these; they finished at apx. 4’ / they needed only the main stem staked down and had a fat main bud and a wonderful and strong lower structure = the lower branching produced tootsie roll type buds that needed no extra support = BIG Kudos for this; = I do not like to tie my plants up / for no other reason than, there are plants that don’t have to have that done to them.

Over all these phenos were very good producers with the yields being upwards of 3+ OZ pre plant / I feel if one were to take the time to isolate/clone one of these & get them dialed in = much more could had and Kusage could easily pass for a commercial sativa run

# 2. I had 2 of these; they finished at apx. 3’ and needed NO support – they had a fat main bud – however unlike #1 / it showed more of a single cola instead of a lot of lower branching / these also looked more like their pictures of Kusage and were the more potent of the 2 dif plants. The yield was lower – but still a nice 1 -1/2 OZ’s of dried bud.

Buds;
Dense lime green with pink hairs – Kusage is one of those strains/smokes that once you know what it is; you can tell its Kusage the instant you look at it and fire it up / it has a fragrant Skunk smell you can tell from a distance the moment you open the bag/jar - LOL = Pepie LePue = this alone makes it a unique smoke

The smoke;

Disclaimer; I smoke a LOT of pot / upwards of 10 grams+ a day = so;

1. It takes a lot of good smoke to get me high.

2. Growing and smoking so many different strains it’s sometimes hard to tell the small nuances in the strains – in fact; the more I grow, the picker I have become and the fewer strains that ‘do it for me’ & now-days it takes something fairly unique to move me.

That said; on to the smoke / mine were; put in 48 hrs darkness – hung in the dark for 6 days – bagged for 4 days and then jarred

The first few weeks after the jarring – I did not care that much for the smoke / then one day I opened it up and it was like a whole new pot had come out of the jar.

Kusage is/was one of the strains that greatly benefits from a long cure / what I have left anyways = hee hee….is at 45+ days and is getting better every week now. I have the opinion that a long 90+ day cure would take it up another step yet.

The taste
is again; very unique :yummy: and smooth (credit growers long flush) and on the skunk side – however there is something in there I can’t put my finger on that for me makes this a very unique tasting pot – sort of like kissing your mate/hearing your dog bark/or your kid crying – you just know it’s them somehow. The flavor lingers with a butter like taste on your lips similar to the way SD does – but different – the expansion level is all you want it to be – not to much.. but you defiantly know its expanding :bat:

The HIGH Kusage is a good daytime smoke and is defiantly on the sativa side; an almost instant :abduct: high that is smooth (not racy) and very pleasing to the senses – it hits your face:tongue: quick and is the kind of pot you can find your self just staring with the bong still in your hand wondering what your going to get up and do = if you smoke enough it has enough of something to keep you plastered to the *chair / and a few hits gets you up and going (after a few joints to get me warmed up that is)

*I play guitar a LOT; sometimes 4-5 hrs a day & Kusage has what it takes to keep me motivated yet couched and at the sme time inspired to play and write music – it also gives me the fricken munchies!!! Dang – I am hungry NOW! :yoinks:

Like a fine wine Kusage improves greatly over time; while Kusage may not be for everyone – it will have it’s following & serve it’s growers/consumers well. TH has put together a winning combo and put a world class plant/smoke on the market = Job well done TH

Ease of growth; 10
Yield 8+
Taste; 8+
High; 8+

There are better satvias out there - but only a few as unique & good overall as Kusage
Over score; 9

not that great of shots & they don't do it justice

<> <>

<>
A Kusage main bud

you can see the 2 of #1's in the back & the 2 #2's in the middle
<> <>

Last edited:
G

nice report, I have kushage seeds as well and been waitinf for a good report to start these guys. I know what you mean cam not doing pics justice I took pics of some P91 that makes the weed look like beasters. Nice grow and smoke report.

NWM- Awesome report. Very informative and accurate imo. Just smoked the first bowl of some yesterday. She is just finishing up in our pal 'J's place. Take Care-HH

guineapig

Veteran
very good smoke report on a new strain......so the second pheno is the one which looks more like the picture from THSeeds and is the more potent of the two, eh?

lets keep those grow and smoke reports coming, especially the new and relatively untested strains.......-kind regards, guineapig :wave:

G

Good, long report of a fairly new strain that has been unreported until now..

Thanks for the report NWM, i want to get kushage now! :)

SativaBelieva

Very nice report!... and so accurate too!... you're so true on the high and unique taste... and I noticed the developing smell after the first days of drying... let's see if I have the patience to cure it for over 3 months...

I've been smoking Kushage for 2 weeks now and I'm hooked... maybe next week I'll try and shoot some pics...

Ow man... that smooth high lasts long... and the taste sticks to your mouth... even after taking chewing gum... or brushing your teeth... the smoke has a numbing effect on your tongue, almost like you drink your thea too hot... but there's a hint of fruity candy that keeps you lingering for more!...

JohnBudd

Quodo's

Quodo's

Outstanding report NWM, you have a gift of getting your point across. I think we are all missing out on many of NWM's many gifts......
1. World-Class Barbaque(everything I make is Cajun)(cajun=burnt)
2. Horticulture skills(Soma/Bog, and many other authors I have seen you quote)....he does his homework.
3. Inspiration(always has a kind word, encouragement)
So you are welcome here anytime....to cook, help with garden, and get me motivated.lol.........j/k.
Great report friend.

G

JohnBudd said:
Outstanding report NWM, you have a gift of getting your point across. I think we are all missing out on many of NWM's many gifts......
1. World-Class Barbaque(everything I make is Cajun)(cajun=burnt)
2. Horticulture skills(Soma/Bog, and many other authors I have seen you quote)....he does his homework.
3. Inspiration(always has a kind word, encouragement)
So you are welcome here anytime....to cook, help with garden, and get me motivated.lol.........j/k.
Great report friend.

:wave: I play HOT guitar to! hopefully 2006 will see the release of my CD

G

Zilaniz said:
10+ grams a day, wow :) did you build up a tolerance fast to her?

I have been smoking that way for 20+ years & over 30 total - how good it is has nothing to do with it / in fact the better it is the more I smoke

G

Hi No Where Man, I hope your well these days. Yours was the finest report I've read in months terrific detail and excellent pics to boot. I enjoyed reading it and felt that I was smoking some with you. All your efforts are greatly apreciated. Is it good enought to enter in 420 this year? All the best to you NWMan.

G

Thank you everyone.

Tkx - Smokey - things have been better/worse/ SSDI has it's downsides.

Is it good enought to enter in 420 this year?

Smokey – I have pondered your question for a few days now & I have to say at this time say, enter; yes - win NO / while it is fantastic smoke, dripping with flavor – since it would be entered in the sativa category - I do not think it has enough power to knock off SD or J.N’s S.Queen – in fact I found DNA’s C.Haze better as well.

As in my report – IMO = Kusage is not for everyone – but will have it’s loyal following = mostly due to taste & the smoothness of the high.

Both are quick hitters;

SD = has a higher ceiling & has a more visual & psychoactive stimulating to the mind high.

K = is a balanced smoother ride to the top & makes you feel good – but after a few hooters you seam to just fall in to a ‘stone’ / un-like smoking SD where you just keep getting higher.

I love them both – if I had to choose & could do it; I would take the K structure & give it to SD (mind you I have not worked with the new ESCDs)

Last edited:
G

Well NW, I couldn't have put it in better detail myself. You can write smoke reports anytime you want to. :D I gotta lot of respect for those DNA boys. They've really busted unto the scene with some bomb genitics. I trust your opinion on their C.Haze. I very much want to know what your going to enter next year.

SativaBelieva

No Where-Man said:
As in my report – IMO = Kusage is not for everyone – but will have it’s loyal following = mostly due to taste & the smoothness of the high.

Both are quick hitters;

SD = has a higher ceiling & has a more visual & psychoactive stimulating to the mind high.

K = is a balanced smoother ride to the top & makes you feel good – but after a few hooters you seam to just fall in to a ‘stone’ / un-like smoking SD where you just keep getting higher.

I love them both – if I had to choose & could do it; I would take the K structure & give it to SD (mind you I have not worked with the new ESCDs)

I have grown both Kusage and Sage 'n Sour... and comparing both I can say that the Kusage has more of a relaxing narcotic high and the Sour is more speedy and trippy... Sage 'n Sour is a bit faster than Kusage... and yields more than Sour Diesel... so if you're looking for that improved structure... try SnS!

Kusage sure is sexy weed...

Sorry of the low quality pics...

Last edited:
G

Kusage sounds like a nice plant that would be fun to make a run of here in the CSFRaziel garden :joint:

hi nowhere_man! great report.

i've been very curious about the kushage. some people love it and swear by it, some people say that the OG kush in it is suspect at best. there's no questions left in my mind after your report.

i think sage is a phenomenal strain, so it would make sense that i would like this to. i hope i can get a cutting very soon as i don't have the time/patience/space to find a good pheno.

Cheers and keep writing great reports,
gwb

Latest posts

Latest posts