What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1

G

Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1

Breeder: Sam the Skunkman

Let me first begin with an apology to the breeder. I agreed to do a test grow, got it all started and then had some security issues.... quit posting, changed names....etc. etc. etc.

Overall this has been an easy plant to grow....if you have patience..... I am currently at over 130 days flower and still going.....but she has been easy to please. She doesn't like a lot of light in flower mode.....makes the buds VERY airey, but when backed away from the light she makes tight (big and bountiful) resinous buds.

I recieved twelve beans, three didn't germ and all of the ones who did save one were male.....just the luck of the draw there....

I vegged her with GH flora nova grow @ 600-1200 ppm's under lots of hps lighting and in a homemade bubbler. She vegged for a good two months....I had to move (did I mention security?) so I just drug out the veg cycle forever.

As I said before, 130+ days of flower and she still isn't done. The buds just recently started laying on the crystal in earnest. She's slowly (ever so slowly!!) finishing from the bottom up. Flower food was GH floranova bloom @900-1500 ppm. , no additives. Again, she was under tons of hps, but I had to move it away from the plant and decrease it as she matured.

Here's the pics of the whole plant. I'll try to get some close up on the bud, but I'm not sure my camera will cooperate....technical difficulties abound.

As you can see......yeild is NOT AN ISSUE, hehe. The buds are becoming well coated in trichs and smelling of pine, skunk and berries. She's so damn heavy she's falling all over herself, lol.

Hopefully more pix to come and I can answer any ???'s

G

Sorry, no macros

Sorry, no macros

Camera issues suck.

Best I could do. For a size reference, the ceiling is 7.5 ft high.

RoNdO

Nice Tree you have there I have been thinking about getting some of those seeds 130 days though eh hmmm thats quite a while most likely shes worth the wait though. I love the trunk let us know how she smokes when she's ready.

RoNdO

G

Definately in the 'tree' catagory, Rondo. You can always soften the '130 day' blow by growing a few indicas next to 'em. Then you get the best of both worlds!

G

High Doobie,
Really good job on that monster.
How is the skunk influence in this Hybrid ?
I have the OriginalHaze x Skunk#1 and really looking forward to growing them.
Have you tried it too? Im plannting around the new year along with sone afghan haze all from a 12/12 bloom photoperiod. any help with sams seed will be appreciated.

cheers

G

Thanks for stopping in Scorp. The skunk influence here seems to be marginal....except for the yeild. Of course, I've never done such a sativa dominant grow. I've not tried any other 'sam the skunkman' genetics, other than the well known skunk #1.

G

great looking plant you have there

how big/tall was she just before she entered flowering after your 2 month+Veg

4-5X flower height stretch? or even more?

G

Well Maddog....I do have a compromised memory function, but if I recall correctly, she was all of six feet tall. She did stretch significantly, probably 20% or there about, maybe not as much as your average sat, but.....I'm no expert. Thing is, the weight just kept bending her over further and further. Now she hangs low, lol.

KingRalph

holy krikey! sweet tree, gonna be loads of prime smoke from that... those long colas look mmm mmm good. well done man

G

:yoinks: how many lights do u have on that thing? what are u using? and are those buds really as solid as they look from top to bottom?

G

kushumpeng said:
:yoinks: how many lights do u have on that thing? what are u using? and are those buds really as solid as they look from top to bottom?

Morning....lets see,

I had 3 x 600w + 1 x 1000w on her during veg, but after the first month of flower I figured out that she doesn't much like tons of light....made the bud formation very airey, so I backed off the lights. In the end I'm only burning one 600w about 3 feet from the plant.

The lights I am using are all Hortilux HPS.

The buds are solid and heavy, yes.

Dont the roots clog up those bubblers?

I change and add stones throughout the grow. That plant has at least four airstones pumping into strategic locations in the root mass.

Well done i am very interested in this grow

Thanks. I'm cutting her arse down tonight or tomorrow morning :joint:
Could fill a frame or two with harvest pics.

70s_PotHead

Thanks. I'm cutting her arse down tonight or tomorrow morning
Could fill a frame or two with harvest pics

Doobie my friend, are ya sure shes ready, I dont know 130+ daze dosent seem long enough :yoinks: hehehe.
Definatly take some harvest pix for me :joint:

70s :wave:

G

Thanx for the repy great job have fun with the smoke. After seeing this I'm gonna try and do one of my hazes in a bucket system. i want to veg them for awhile as i am going to try scrog but i am worried about the root mass because once i start the buckets will be hard to get to under the screen.i am going to be using 2 5gal buckets with a controller and was wondering if i should to use a pump to circulate the solution from the controller out to the buckets or is gravity good enough to keep the roots out of the hoses.
Thanx and again very well done

G

130 days???

130 days???

:yoinks: Doobie Doo, that monster looks really healthy for an indoor grow lasting so long. Did you flower at 12/12 the whole time or reduce lights to 11 hrs.? Have you done a little pre-harvest smoke test or will you hold out for the cure? lol :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts