What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt Hydro Honey has a High EC, Whaaat??

ButterCup

Hey guys, thought I'd run this by you.

I was suggested HN Hydro Honey, tonight I mixed my first batch of nutes with it. Before I added it the EC was 1.3, after adding 7mL/gal of hydro honey the EC went up to 2.1.

WTF, I thought this was a carb product, and wouldn't contribute to my overall EC. However it turns out that it has 10% calcium.

Now I have 10 gallons of nutes mixed with EC of 2.1, so I was thinking about diluting it but then the ratio of other elements will be off.

Any input on Humboldt Hydro Honey would be greatly appreciated. Since I am using RO, I already have Cal-Mag as part of my nute regimen, so I am thinking all that extra calcium from hydro honey might cause calcium toxicity. Please share your thoughts or your experience about this product.

Thank you.

Nah don't dilute it. Look at it like this.....

Your real nute strength is 1.3 EC. They Honey is a carb and will contribute to your PPMs (it does at my house too). Just run with it. Those PPMs the Honey contributes are not "burning PPMs" if you will. I dig the Honey ES.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
This is the only 'carb product' ive seen with Ca. (let alone a shit ton of it.)

Most carb products (Sweet, Floranectar, Sugar Daddy, Bud Candy) have Mg and S aka epsom salt

Latest posts

Latest posts