What's new

i didn't flush before i planted, my plants are TINY

brobrobro

Hey guys,
im using coco (the compressed block kind that you water then it expands, cocotek to be exact) for my 1st grow, im 4 weeks in and my plant are 3-4 inches tall with buger all leaf development.....

2x 600w mh
5 gal container
well ventilated
ect...

im wondering because when i first bought it and planted the germ'd seeds i didnt flush the coco to rid the salts and correct the ph (befor planting), would this likely have majorly stunted the growth?

when i was rather noob (still am lol) i thought coco was just like soil and should have a runoff of about 6.5-6.8, but since the medium was not flushed, what ever water went in, would come out about 1.0-1.5 ph lower!

example: i put 7.5 in, it would come out (runoff) at 6.5!

so i was watering my plants in a coco medium with 7.5-7.8 ph water!

would this alone stunted the growth majorly?

maybe the salt in the coco (since it wasnt flushed/rinced) have also contributed in the stunting?

no nutes have been used yet (will be using cana coco).

will i be able to save these plants? or should just buy more seeds and flush the medium properly and start over?

if they can be saved, will there be a strong likelihood of hermies from all the stress?

any help MUCH(!!!) appreciated!!

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In a word yes! to everything except new seeds, your PH is way out of range, You need a medium around 6.0 ime, you need to take PH'd water and flush until it comes out almost the same as it goes in around 5.8/6.0, once balanced stick then 2 feeds to one plain water for the rest of the plants life and you'll be fine.

brobrobro

In a word yes! to everything except new seeds, your PH is way out of range, You need a medium around 6.0 ime, you need to take PH'd water and flush until it comes out almost the same as it goes in around 5.8/6.0, once balanced stick then 2 feeds to one plain water for the rest of the plants life and you'll be fine.
thanks for the quick reply!

yeah i've only just learnt about the ph thing today.... better late than never i guess.

so you sure they'll make a full recovery?
so yes i'll probably get hermies?
when should i start feedinh 1/4 strength nutes? now?

they literally look like 1 week old plants

fem white widow btw

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I half killed some SSH and am just finishing them now, they're fine just took a while. I used new coco never even thought to flush it as I was told it was top notch, actually it is but it needed rinsing, yours should make a good recovery as long as you sort the PH, they will have been very hungry all this time and so not able to do much more than exist, at least it wasn't so bad they died eh. Good Luck with them.
Sorry missed a bit, I would start a weak feed while you get your PH sorted as it will lower it a touch for you, and they need it :) As long as they recover fully before flowering they should not herm on you.

brobrobro

I half killed some SSH and am just finishing them now, they're fine just took a while. I used new coco never even thought to flush it as I was told it was top notch, actually it is but it needed rinsing, yours should make a good recovery as long as you sort the PH, they will have been very hungry all this time and so not able to do much more than exist, at least it wasn't so bad they died eh. Good Luck with them.

very good to here, there is a god lol (not really though)
so should i start feeding them nutes yet? (after the ph business has been sorted of coarse)

thanks alot man.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're welcome btw it's wo man, theres a clue in my name bro' :D I edited above bro'

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes bro3, start gentle, let the plant slowly build up to full doses and they should be fine, I realised you grow fem seeds, I am sure they will be ok as long as they fully recover but I would be extra careful from now on as they are a bit quick to scare. Good Luck.

msd828

Yes! Feed them nutes! They haven't grown cuz there hasn't been anything for them to feed on. Flush once then hit with a 1/4 strength solution. They'll pull out of it in a few days. After th flush and low dosage just be careful not to overwater. That'll stunt them as well.

brobrobro

Yes! Feed them nutes! They haven't grown cuz there hasn't been anything for them to feed on. Flush once then hit with a 1/4 strength solution. They'll pull out of it in a few days. After th flush and low dosage just be careful not to overwater. That'll stunt them as well.

Yes bro3, start gentle, let the plant slowly build up to full doses and they should be fine, I realised you grow fem seeds, I am sure they will be ok as long as they fully recover but I would be extra careful from now on as they are a bit quick to scare. Good Luck.

love this site already!
so much more helpful than the other forum i go to!

cheers

Dirtfinger

You put seedlings in 5 gal pots of unrinsed coco under 1200 watts of metal halide lights and haven't given them nutes for 4 weeks?

brobrobro

You put seedlings in 5 gal pots of unrinsed coco under 1200 watts of metal halide lights and haven't given them nutes for 4 weeks?

i started them off in cups to build the root system.

but other wise yes, i know, i fuked up.....

ive got them under just 1 600w mh now....