What's new

Growing a LowRyder #2 under 24/0 light regime

Hi guys!

We are currently testing the growth of a LowRyder #2 under a 24/0 light regime. We are currently using two 30W Philips energy saving bright daylight bulbs (it says every bulb should be like a 130w bulb).

picture.php

(LowRyder #2 is the plant in the coco, not the clone in the rockwool)

We did this test in a cabinet where we are growing also our clones. In our box we are currently in flowering stage so we didn't want to set it under a 12/12 light regime. Also growing on 24/0 regime should be faster.

Everything worked out fine in the beginning (we planted it on the 26 of February) and right now it started flowering. The only fact is that is kinda short!! So we are wondering what could be the reason.

picture.php

(LowRyder #2 after about a month)

We know it's a short strain but we are wondering if the 24/0 light regime is bad for flowering?

Last edited:
So here is a late update to my post.

I've moved the plant into a new closet, this is slightly bigger than the one before.

The plant looked very small until last week or so, then it begun to grow up really fast!

(what a LowRyder #2 can do in 8days)

So here are my questions. You guys think that keeping an autoflowering plant @ 24/0 is good?

Also we are using Philips daylight CFL. They are normal shopping mall lamps but are doing pretty fine now. We got 2x30W (and they say it shuould be 130W each) and 1x20W so it should be enough light but we think it misses the flowering spectre...

I've kept 24/0 light regime until last week when it started flowering for good. I've now changed to 20/4 because I think it would increase yield (it would?).

I have to complain with this plant because it look healthy but tends to loose leaves and some internodes (half of the first from the base) just drop off by touching it.

What could this be? I thinked because a low humidity level (is a wooden cabinet) but humidity is really ok. Temperature is a bit tropical, it's about 27°C the whole day. But never higher than that, so that's ok...

Nutriments are the same we give to our other plants; they are healty and doing fine..

Since it's a small cabinet, it was in near contact with the fan. It surely affected by the amount of air it receives. I tought anyways it should get stronger instead. However I turned the fan to let the plant get the air from wall recirculation, not directly.

It is in a temporary cabinet because we're still waiting our new lamp for the second box.

Another complain it is that the plant should be ready in 2 weeks, but it just started the flowering stage. Here are some pics, you think she's a bit late?

I'm Dykster

I would guess that they needed more light. It's going to take them longer to finish. If you get some more light in the cab...they should finish up in a month. The growth will be amazing to watch them fatten up for you.

I would guess that they needed more light. It's going to take them longer to finish. If you get some more light in the cab...they should finish up in a month. The growth will be amazing to watch them fatten up for you.

what about If I move it in the box with the 250W HPS ? it's currently in flowering stage, you think would be better yield?

L

lowrydergrower

compared to the light you have on her right now oh yea it would increase your yield would be like placing her in heaven. lol

starswarm

move the lights

move the lights

your plants are too far from the light source! One 200w Cfl 4 inches from tops. 6500k for veg 2700k for flowers. small fan to keep temps below 80 F. I have been unable to detect difference between 24/0 an 20/4 with these lights.
Onward! Through the Fog!

what about If I move it in the box with the 250W HPS ? it's currently in flowering stage, you think would be better yield?

definately!...I have five easyryders going...about day 55.....they have been 24/0 since the beginning....starting to really fatten up........my light regimine is a bit different....they get 8-10 hours a day of full sun...then the rest of the time they are under compact flouros....(havent gotten up the money for my 250hps yet)...anyways my plants are doing great!....frosty,stinky and just all around yummy!........good job so far...but I would put your plant under the 250 for sure.......you wont regret it!:wave:

Last edited:
your plants are too far from the light source! One 200w Cfl 4 inches from tops. 6500k for veg 2700k for flowers. small fan to keep temps below 80 F. I have been unable to detect difference between 24/0 an 20/4 with these lights.
Onward! Through the Fog!

starswarm is right!..you should have compact flouros inches from the top of the plant....mine are 2 to 3...but I have good ventilation and air movement...........you should be a maximum of 4 to 5 inches IMO.......:tiphat:

We currently added two more CFL (two more philips daylight, should be 260W more...should..) @ 3" or so.

The other 250w HPS is currently going @ 12/12, you think that by moving the plant, it would shock? or should we keep on running with these 2 more CFL?

Update & Pictures

Update & Pictures

Hi guys,

here is an update of the LowRyder under 24/0 (now 20/4) CFL.
As I said in my last post, I added two more CFL lights near the plant because I'm not sure if is good to move it under the hps @ 12/12..

Waiting some answer on that from you guys..!!

There is another matter. The plant has some weird things on the lower branches. A lot of leafes has fallen and many parts are dying.

I think this happened because we moved the plant in a very harsh environment. The new cabinet is very hot (right now, with all those lights turned on it's about 30°C from, and its so for 8h@day, then its 25°C ) and kinda dry, so we keep on watering the plant (but we didn't on the beginning)...

You think this is synthom is because she's dry???

starswarm

Lower leaves are responding to lack of light. Watch the water! If it's dry it will begin to droop. Too wet and the leaves will curl, then die. These are SHORT plants. You may have a shorter phenotype. If they lacked light during the first three weeks, the internodes will be short regardless of what you do now. Air circulation at higher temps is VERY important.

Ok here is another new update.

I have moved the LowRyder into a new box. Now is much better, has more space and air.

I currently have 5 CFL placed in the box (I'm also growing some clones) and I will keep them until my new LED lamp arrives (about 2wks).

I will harvest next week a plant from the flowering box (with the HPS) and eventually move the lowryder there.

Looking good dude. :dance013:

But I noticed this...
As I said in my last post, I added two more CFL lights near the plant because I'm not sure if is good to move it under the hps @ 12/12.
If you got a HPS grow right now.
Your answer... go for it. They will do just as good if not better.

Ok some updates.

As soon as I've made some space, I've moved the lowryder #2 into the other box and it reacted GREATLY! Even if it got 8 hours less of light it loves it and started becoming fat, healthy and yummy!

Probably I will have to start flushing it next week cause is almost ready for harvest.

The light matters have delayed the plant of lot of time. I planted it the 26 of February so now it's the 77th day today..

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! how tall is that vitch?? and it's 11wks?!! WOW! be on the lookout for female pollen, ie; male bannans

updates

updates

Some more updates.. it's almost ready and makes me wanna eat it right now!

yummy!!!

Gonna tell the right size when I will measure it, I usually don't check sizes.. :p

Latest posts

Latest posts