What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lessons in odor control

The warrant was obtained after an employee with the U.S. Census Bureau, a retired Grand Junction police officer, called authorities Tuesday afternoon reporting a strong “chemical odor” seeping from the ventilation system.
The employee called the Grand Junction Fire Department, thinking there was fire, the affidavit said.
The employee said a man exited the rear of the complex, then ran back inside and locked a door behind him.
“(Employee) observed what he thought were probably grow lights inside while the door was open,” the affidavit said.
Officers said they noticed a strong odor of marijuana, standing just 10 feet from the building’s back door.
Found out about this yesterday.
Dear US Growers:
This is census season. Check and double check odor control. Replace carbon as necessary. The local constabulary are sifting through many many patients forms to check the plant count, and I'm sure they will be taking notes.
Don't tell, don't smell.

Source: http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/junction_police_comb_through_p

Last edited by a moderator:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the Census is a gigantic violation of privacy. Do you have to talk to them and give them info?

I heard in the past from people that they will keep coming back to your house over and over and over until you do.

Anyone have more useful info on this?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smell constitutes probable cause for a search with most judges. So put your foot down, show 'em your med card, and tell him that is the state legal smell, and that it constitutes nothing, and to come back with a warrant.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I think the Census is a gigantic violation of privacy. Do you have to talk to them and give them info?

I heard in the past from people that they will keep coming back to your house over and over and over until you do.

The census was written into the US Constitution from day one. The government doesn't know much, but they do know how to waste money on employees and invade your liberties.

I think the best answer is to fill out the lame form they will be mailing.

I saw a fucking letter from them saying that they would soon send an official survey. Way to go GVT! Keep spending that money.

Peace, :joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
smell constitutes probable cause for a search with most judges. So put your foot down, show 'em your med card, and tell him that is the state legal smell, and that it constitutes nothing, and to come back with a warrant.

I much enjoy Hannibal Lecter's approach from Silence of the Lambs a nice chianti and fava beans ;)

Peace, :joint:

T

tokinafaty420

The census in it's purest form is to get a good head count on population size to meet their emergency, education, and public service demands. The last time a census taker approached my house and rang the doorbell all I was asked was how many people live here and if there are any other living quarters not within the main house, such as a camper set up somewhere on the property. That was it and they left me with a smile. Luckily it was some cute college girl doing the survey so I didn't mind all that much. :)

C

cork144

i think you only legally have to give the cenus people the names of the people who live there and how many do,

L

lysol

Yes, under the constitution you are only required to enumerate yourself (name, address, age ). You DO NOT have to tell them your race, income, etc.. Why should they need that? So they can not put schools & hospitals in the black neighborhood? I usually just put my name on the form, and a brief note telling them to go read the constitution. On the form it says its illegal to do that, but nothing comes of it.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not filling shit out, they can suck it

Ron Paul speaks on this: MUST WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3lKtK2a34&feature=response_watch

He says if you dont fill out papers or answer the questions you can be fined $5000.

Seems there are 2 different forms - the 10 question census & the 50 question American Community Survey.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/

This is the one thats causing most of the fuss - seems that 1 out of 10 people will be forced to fill out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWwjDlI0pi4

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=American+Community+Survey&search_type=&aq=f

L

lysol

Tactical Farmer... oh hell naw! Thats crazy they used the census to deport the Japanese to internment camps. I had no idea... that was really recent too.

K i dnt know wat the big deal is... is it a felony to lie to them census mother fuckers, "there ain't nothing growing in my yard or my attic or my basment or camper!"(here)heheehe, and id double the number of ppl you tell them live there they are taxing us like there are so we might as well play along with their BS
-hydrosun and tokinfaty: bet that college girl smokes and wants dick ehhh??? NICE!!!

Justa6655321

Veteran
Fuck these fuckers...don't answer the fucking door you are NOT required to be home so just don't answer the door! They can go fuck themselves. And u are NOT required to talk to them all u are required to do is responed to the form. That is it. A head count is all that is required. It's fucking stupid for them to come into your house! No need it's not required and if they try tell them u are going to call the police or shoot them! Fuckers government waste

C

Carl Carlson

"Yes, under the constitution you are only required to enumerate yourself (name, address, age ). You DO NOT have to tell them your race, income, etc.. Why should they need that? So they can not put schools & hospitals in the black neighborhood?"

Yes Lysol, because as we all know, only black politicians gerrymander their districts.

I see that your view of politics is very "fair and balanced."

haha

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Why not just mail in the census form??? I got mine last week. If you send it in, they will not come to your house...

WFF

Latest posts

Latest posts