What's new

Big Wave

J

John Public

Hola Dubi, Kaiki and old friends of the green herb :tiphat:

I won't be strictly speaking of an ACE or CBG strain here (although they are great IMHO), but I wanted to post this message to thank the spanish friends for their generosity in the past.

Thanks to their gift of Jamaican Blue Mountain seeds years ago, I'm happy to experiment currently a nice individual that I named Big Wave.

This is a cross between a Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountain 85 father and an Hawaiian sativa mother.

By chance, I obtained that sweet bubble/fruity smell that I was searching for a long time in a sativa, and I believe it comes from the Jamaican, as it is the only one to have some floral/fruit smell in the genes of this hybrid, to my knowledge. I made some seeds again and will explore it very soon as long as she finish, and why not crossing it again with an ACE/CBG based on the Jamaican...

So many many thanks again for your generosity and long live to ACE/CBG :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BigWave_F1_04_Small.jpg
    BigWave_F1_04_Small.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 15
  • BigWave_Female_B_2_Small.jpg
    BigWave_Female_B_2_Small.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

thanks back for all good vibes Rahan and as usual, always nice to see those beauties alive and forming new hybrids for the sativa joy :) Hope F1 turns of great quality and with some some nice flavours inside
hope all is well there, cuidate
abrazos :wave:

J

John Public

Raco, Charlie, cool to read you again :tiphat:

I have some hope, Charlie, really. It seems the luck was for me this time. One pheno of the F1 has a great smell, very strong and sweet.

I have a second pheno that is different but still interesting, less resin, denser sativier buds, less smell, overall more sativa. I keep it in case of its high would be more interesting that the nice smelling one.

But the resin production of the first pheno is amazing for such an amateur cross. See the pics, they are only 30 days of flowering and are already producing a good amount of resin even in the outer leaves of the buds...

If the high is great, that pheno will be definitely a winner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BigWave_Female_B_Macro_4.jpg
    BigWave_Female_B_Macro_4.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 13
  • BigWave_Female_B_Macro_5.jpg
    BigWave_Female_B_Macro_5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14
  • BigWave_Female_B_Macro_6.jpg
    BigWave_Female_B_Macro_6.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 14
P

ptg

Oh yeah!

Oh yeah!

Great!Looks like a very promising cross!And what a beautiful leaf shape!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome John Public :)

It's great to see you around, im glad you are working on your own homegrown hybrids!
Colombian x jamaica x hawaiian sounds real interesting! Good luck with the projects!

dubi

J

John Public

Hello dubi !

Indeed, it is thanks to Charlie that I grew this hybrid, because he told me the Jamaican BM was allways interesting in the crosses.

I also made some hybrids with the Panama from GreenGrocer, a cross with a red libanese, but I have not tried it yet myself. I have the F1 seeds and will have very soon a backcross on the Libanese.

I have also the plan to make a Nepalese x Ethiopian cross but I'm not sure I'll have the time to explore all these jewels as studying the F2 is very time consuming as you know better than me ;)

Have a good day !

GreenGrocer

Rahan,

So glad to see you are around. Those crosses sound nice, will be interesting to see how they look in veg and flower too.

Best wishes to you!

GreenGrocer