What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First HydroGrowLED grow complete!

synax

I chopped my babies down yesterday. White widow flowered to 64 Days.

Here are a few pics from harvest:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are 6 of the 9 girls chopped and laying down for the night, I got almost done then had to go out for a going away party.
picture.php

From underneath
picture.php

picture.php

I've got 4 rows of 36in bamboo poles the buds are drying on.
picture.php

LEDGirl

Veteran
How many plants were under each 126W? That's a mighty nice job you did there for your first time ever growing with LED's. I hope your grow will inspire plenty of others to achieve what you were able to. Even without seeing the gram per watt rating on this grow, I can tell you did a damn good job. Congrats Synax and good luck on your move :)

synax

How many plants were under each 126W? That's a mighty nice job you did there for your first time ever growing with LED's. I hope your grow will inspire plenty of others to achieve what you were able to. Even without seeing the gram per watt rating on this grow, I can tell you did a damn good job. Congrats Synax and good luck on your move :)

Thanks LEDGirl :smokey: I'm extremely happy with these lights. Can't wait to get going again and have a full grow under them :D

Under the second gen was 4 plants and under the first gen was 5 plants, one in a small container.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Looks like you'll get a pretty nice yield out of those 9 plants! Can't wait to see how your yield report goes!

synax

Now I am saying this respectively, so don't get up tight. Those buds don't look very dense. Is it the strain or the wattage?

No offense taken. The cola's are nice but I think they could be fatter. They are denser than my first grow which was a scrog under a 250w hps.

Now, don't blame the non super dense buds on the LEDs. a few factors played into that:
  1. I didn't spend much time with the girls, my PH meter was acting up and I wasn't watching closely for nute burn.
  2. Temperature fluctuations. Now that I am using LED, I'm having a hard time keeping the tent above 80 during lights on. Currently the fan is running 24x7 so it may be time for one of the nicer atmospheric controllers.
  3. The girls went into wilt mode a handfull of times due to time between waterings.
  4. Small pots
  5. I didn't have full LED coverage for a while. the second unit was not put into the tent till 25days into flowering.
  6. Inexperience. I'm still a newb - this is only my second grow ever.

junior_grower

man they look great for your second grow. Keep at her and I think your next harvest will be even better than you could expect.

synax

Quick update - we're all packed up and ready to start our drive tomorrow. not looking forward to the 2 days of driving...

Anyhow, onto the good news, we hit 4.25zips. The buds were fairly fluffy and I saw 1 seed which means I must have a light leak somewhere. With the problems we had and the short run I am very happy. I definitely want to give these lights from HydroGrowLED a few more runs. I think they will continue to amaze me.

Cost breakdown: 4.25 x $320 = $1360 is what we would have paid for this from our buddies who get it out of humbolt. $450x2=$900 for the lights, $175 for the tent, $50 for the fan and I already had the scrubber/nutes/ferts/soil.... So that is $1125 spent on this grow + electricity. We saved approx $225 and got 4 dozen cookies out of it.

Anyhow, we've been smoking and boy does it taste good, right now its sweet, still a bit wet so it burns longer - the high is great and heady.

Well. I'm off to bed, its been a long day and my back is killing me. thank goodness for the 4 dozen cookies we have... they are working great for the pain.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
119 grams, a little less then 1/2 a gram per watt, Grats.

Is that soil or coco ?

By the way whos white widow ?

synax

If you read through my grow journal or post #6 you'll see I ran into quite a few problems none of which are attributed to the lights. Anyhow, I'll be starting up a new grow here in the next month or so using these same lights.

beats6789

If you read through my grow journal or post #6 you'll see I ran into quite a few problems none of which are attributed to the lights. Anyhow, I'll be starting up a new grow here in the next month or so using these same lights.

Awesome man, no need to explain to me. I look forward to your next journal, it can only get better. Good luck and Ill be watching!:wave:

hazy

Veteran
Nice synax! Second grow ever with a 400 for most folks don't yield colas that long. Looked like they could have gone longer too.
Great job and not bad work for the leds too.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Color me damned impressed!

On the subject of seeds. Not saying you have no leak or shouldn't look for it/seal it but, self pollination is something all weed is capable of. It's quite possible you did nothing wrong (But, yeah, look around and see what you can find)

How many hours of work went into that 1350.00 and you said your Yield was 4.5
337.00 per lb for equipment 65 days you say...so lets say you made 25 bucks per hour everyday at 4 hrs a day with plant lol... wow thats 6500.00 for 65 days of work...so lets see How much was your electric bill?
6500. labor lol and 1350. expenses right so a lb of you smoke is worth..1733.00
Not counting amendments...And a Club would then pay you...umm lets see about 2800.00
A mark up again of almost a grand..
and then flip it to the patients for 5600.00 or up to 6400 and thats at oz prices
There really helping the Patients arnt they ? !
Is that Organic ?
Sarcasm aside good job nice lookin Girls

synax

I'm not looking to sell and don't want to even produce that much so that is of no worries to me.

Oh, and growing as a hobby = priceless!