What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual 126 watt LED GPW grow

Genetics

Hello again everyone:thank you:

I did a comparison grow last time with the two 126's and 1 600 HPS. Most people wanted to make comments regarding the GPW when that wasn't even what my grow was about. So this time we'll see how many grams we can get from these two lights.

I vegged 8 Killer Queen clones under 150 watts of compact florescents and put them to flower on Feb 4th after leaving them under the LED for 4 days for adjustment, if there was any.

I'm transplanting into 3 gallon pots and I have put 4 plants under each light. That should fill the footprint. Let's see how they do.:tiphat:

Genetics

Thanks Gentlemen. The clones are about a foot tall at this time. I will get pics soon.

Hope to not let you down.

Genetics

Thought I'd post a few pics. Not much to see yet 2 weeks in.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WizeWizo

Looks like some nice healthy girls. What are you temps like now that you dont have the HPS next to the LED's?

we werent 100% sure yet after seeing some of the other grows that had problems and what not, but after seeing your results with the LED's , i am 100% sure now that with proper training and LST and right temps, and things even marginlly dialed in that LED girl's claim of 2+ grams/watt is definitely doable, and we are now deciding wether to get 2 205 watters or one 318 watt light. thanks for the test, and im sure we will pull a pound or more with the 318 watt light with training, maybe close to 2 pounds. great thread, and dont let the naysayers even distract you for a second.

edited on 10-27-2010: couldnt afford the LED's, so i went with a lumatek digital 400W ballast and 4000K metal halide for veg, and 1800K HPS for flowering. currently running it in veg.

Genetics

we werent 100% sure yet after seeing some of the other grows that had problems and what not, but after seeing your results with the LED's , i am 100% sure now that with proper training and LST and right temps, and things even marginlly dialed in that LED girl's claim of 2+ grams/watt is definitely doable, and we are now deciding wether to get 2 205 watters or one 318 watt light. thanks for the test, and im sure we will pull a pound or more with the 318 watt light with training, maybe close to 2 pounds. great thread, and dont let the naysayers even distract you for a second.

Thx for the kind comments. From my limited experience with these, I would suggest you go for the two 205 units. You are going to get a larger footprint and it allows you to put more plants under the lights.

I have these plants in 3 gallon pots for flowering, but next grow I intend to flower in two gallon pots which will allow me to have 12 to 14 plants under these lights.

One thing that excites me is I will be able to grow throughout the summer, as there is nearly no heat with these lights. I will have no problem if I'm able to get 1 gram per watt with these lights. It costs me nearly nothing to run them. And they give me more than enough smoke. I'm realistically planning on 1.5 GPW with this grow, but getting more will not surprise me in the least after seeing the density of the buds last grow. :gday:

Epod

well iam here till the end of this one my crop here will be ready the same time as you and iam looking to change over to Led about the 205 it seams to me from what you said 205w have a bigger footprint than the 318w

Thx for the kind comments. From my limited experience with these, I would suggest you go for the two 205 units. You are going to get a larger footprint and it allows you to put more plants under the lights.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well iam here till the end of this one my crop here will be ready the same time as you and iam looking to change over to Led about the 205 it seams to me from what you said 205w have a bigger footprint than the 318w

He is saying 2 205 watt lights have a bigger footprint than a single 318 watt light.:comfort:

hazy

Veteran
You think they will get rooted into three gallon pots well enough to be worth the pot up? Seems like they'd have benefited from more veg time in the big pot. I hope you're right about the yield you expect.
So your buds were as dense as normal last time?

Genetics

The buds were actually harder under the led than the HPS. I probably should have vegged longer in the bigger pots but I'm sure they'll fill the pot in a couple weeks. I was worried they'd get rootbound in the smaller pots.

Latest posts

Latest posts