What's new

scrubber fan issue. suggestions appreciated.

J23

...I know all of you gonna think "one more lazy jerk not even trying to do some research". well not true. I'm trying to decide on scrubber and fan combo for my mini cab (currently being assembled) and I've been reading quite a lot about proper venting, cfm, DIY, you name it. I have found some answers but other questions raised. I 'm about to make my purchase any time soon so I'd really appreciated your opinion on my final decision. here are some specs of my future grow:
250W hps with remote ballast
bake-a-round cool tube (3.75" dia)
passive intake twice the size of a exhaust
box : 2.5W x 1.5D x 2.8H = 10cu ft
one plant scrog so not to much odor to fight
not too much ducting cause all filtering done within 4 feet wide cabinet

I intend to use scrubber. can't decide between can 2600 and GrowBright Pure Flow 4" I plan to pair it with centrifugal inline fan
about 150cfm. Fan and filter might be installed in second compartment of my cab. Cab is built as stealth so a noise is an issue. (i have my fish tank standing right next to my cab with a water pump running all day so it masks potential noise.

what do you guys think?

thanx much!

J23

ok, one less dilemma: I think I'll go for mixed flow fan (s&p td-100). it's static pressure capability is slightly lesser than centrifugal fan's but they are quieter and that is key factor for my stealth cab. also, like I mentioned, there is a little of a ducting so I think its still plenty of power to work with scrubber.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Try FreshMaker Filters..just google that name..they are designed for small grows like yours..I have 1 and it really works great..they aren't meant for 60 plant grows, just micros like yours and mine..I got mine off of e-bay(nehydro)..I paid $120 delivered to my door..totally worth it...these filters handle 600cfm too..mine is the 6 inch model but there are bigger and smaller ones..
The best part is after your grow, you hose it down, let it dry and its good to go..they last for years as long as you clean it after every grow..
How
If not those, delta, scythe, sunon all make very high cfm fans..

J23

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hey! If you can find sugarbear's thread on micro scrubbers, it would be well worth it...
remember that the more lights you have, the more heat you have which means a good, high cfm fan...there is also cfm loss when you put the scrubber on too...
Scrub's thread on fans is a great read and you learn lots too..win-win!!
I'll check out your cab right now..
good luck!!

J23

Thanx BC. I had a crazy week. maybe today I'll find some time to look around. Plus my girlfriend starts complaining about "crazy idea to grow weed" so continuing my project is a big ????

touchofgrey

J23: You can check out the thead in my sig for a DIY scrubber I put in my new cabinet. The scrubber has worked fine, I just finished a remodel to change out the PC fans to a Panasonic Whisper fan to deal with noise issues. If you're smaller scale I'm sure you could use PC fans. Use Thermaltake w/speed control as recommended in the Scrub Ninga thread - I didn't and wish I had.

But then the GF is another issue. Your partner has to be on board with Rule #1....

J23

touchofgrey: thnx for replying. I was thinking about Panasonics for a while but due to my limited space I figured I need to explore the potential of PC fans. I've red Red's Ventilation 101 and ScrubNinja's PC fans... a lot of info. So far I'm leaning toward thermaltake, possibly stacked, to reduce noise/improve power. every day I learn something new and I guess it's time to just try some ideas and make some adjustments if needed.

BTLSfan

Try FreshMaker Filters..just google that name..they are designed for small grows like yours..I have 1 and it really works great..they aren't meant for 60 plant grows, just micros like yours and mine..I got mine off of e-bay(nehydro)..I paid $120 delivered to my door..totally worth it...these filters handle 600cfm too..mine is the 6 inch model but there are bigger and smaller ones..
The best part is after your grow, you hose it down, let it dry and its good to go..they last for years as long as you clean it after every grow..
How
If not those, delta, scythe, sunon all make very high cfm fans..

Ive seen those before, but was always wary about handling smell...You say theyve worked well for you with just a couple plants?

Latest posts

Latest posts