What's new

Sulphur Plasma Lights

Mt Toaker

So maybe you have heard of these new Sulphur Plasma Lights, maybe you haven't. Well I have been in contact with this Person from Luxim who is a manufacturer of the lights. They have been very helpful and quick in all of their responses. Here are the specs for the Luxim product.

SP Info

More SP Light info

The pricing for that Luxim LIFI-STA-40 which from what I have read on Luxim is the floodlight replacement is $650 per fixture, $250 for Power Supply and Accessories(doesn't say what they are) and $100 for the GUI interface connection: Connector, cable.

These lights are incredibly efficient and I feel soon with be all over the cannabis market.

Input?

gomer

These lights are incredibly efficient and I feel soon with be all over the cannabis market.

Input?
The price does seem a lot more reasonable than it was a few years ago. I like the idea. I'll take a 'wait and see' attitude about the idea they will soon be all over the cannabis market. Over the last few years there have been numerous articles written and a number of threads in forums predicting the same thing. Here is a good example - http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=54976

Thanks for the post and the links.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i had one of these from about 11-12 years ago. does anyone remember these in high times? bought one, such a waste of money...........

U

unthing

What I've understood that the sulfur plasma was invented in the 80's. New twist is Mh-plasma lighting, pretty experimental too.

Mt Toaker

Yeah I just heard about this product being released commercially at the German Construction Expo or something like that a few years ago. I cannot afford these yet and 1k HPS still is the superior light for the job right now.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
The company that came out with these in the early 90's closed their doors in the late 90's because the magnetrons kept breaking down within a few months to a year or two. The science is sound, but the magnetrons just couldn't handle the physical demand. I don't know if the company that bought them solved the problem or not...but it wasn't mentioned in the links provided. If they have, I would love to have one!

Namaste, mess

Mt Toaker

If you contact Luxim they are very helpful and sent me pricing sheets and everything but like I said, $1,000 for 1 250w setup

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
These things look pretty cool! I wouldn't mind having one thats for sure maybe if i was rich. The spectrum looks pretty good with the exception of ultraviolet and IR, but maybe you would supplement with an HPS haha. I'm watching different videos of plasma grown cannbis and they look pretty healthy.

Thanks for bringing it up !

Latest posts

Latest posts