What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soma Rockbud A+ in Bato Buckets 3x6 1200watts

opt1c

Veteran
Here we go again. This round i'm using the larger bato buckets and running 18 sites on a 3x6 tray. The plants were cloned in rockwool and planted in rockwool chum. I'm using House & Garden nutes for the most part. 2 600 watt galaxy ballasts driving ushio bulbs in radiant 6 air cooled hoods. CO2 at 1500ppm temps at 85.

The cut was obtained from a fellow icmag member who got it from rowdy up in clear lake two years ago. I've had it ever since.

When cloning i decided to do a test between different cloning gels. I used oliva's, clonex, and dip & grow. Dip & grow killed the others; end of story not even close.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

fast forward... one month... they are next to another system whose plants are not as vigorous; because of this i decided to top the rockbud plants to slow em down and allow the others to catch up before i flip the entire room to 12/12... gotta do what u gotta do u know

here is a plant before being topped..
picture.php

and after..
picture.php

some more for your viewing pleasure...
picture.php

picture.php

And here they are about 3 weeks later
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm going to clean them up before they get flipped so i'll take some before and after pics of that in the coming days

:joint:

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Looks beautiful, really amazing stuff.

how far is it would you say from the glass on the reflector to the canopy?

opt1c

Veteran
I run it about 18" above the canopy to get a good spread of light.

Here they are right before being switched to 12/12
picture.php

In the next few days i'll be taking each one out individually to trim it down for better airflow and larger buds. I'll make sure to take pics showing the before and after process. All the topping shown before were single cuts made to the plants; nothing fancy.

T

Tarus Bulbar

NICE!!

NICE!!

hey there opt1c thats a sweet set-up you have bro!!
Very clean area!! Best way to keep pests n disease
outta the garden!!
Noticed a calendar hangn in one of the pics:biggrin:
looked kinda like a classic bro haha
Cheers!!

MediScrogs

Hi opt1c, looks great. I'm very interested in seeing the before/after pics when you trim them. I've been looking around for a thread dedicated to trimming technique/principles for the beginning of flower, haven't found any but it seems like a useful topic, especially with big plants. if you don't mind I'll grab some popcorn and see how it goes.:watchplant:

GreenBizzle

Nice...def gonna keep tabs...i also second the endorsement on Dip & Grow, will never use anything else...pay attention ppl, wish someone woulda told me bout it soooooooner! Bless

opt1c

Veteran
hey there opt1c thats a sweet set-up you have bro!!
Very clean area!! Best way to keep pests n disease
outta the garden!!
Noticed a calendar hangn in one of the pics:biggrin:
looked kinda like a classic bro haha
Cheers!!

thx; as long as i can keep the dogs out the carbon filter sucks up the rest of the dust giving it that oh so clean look.

far as the calendar goes i tried to keep it blurry as not to offend but the chick is actually zoli :biggrin: she'll take your breath away :joint: its the mishka 2010 calendar btw

Hi opt1c, looks great. I'm very interested in seeing the before/after pics when you trim them. I've been looking around for a thread dedicated to trimming technique/principles for the beginning of flower, haven't found any but it seems like a useful topic, especially with big plants. if you don't mind I'll grab some popcorn and see how it goes.:watchplant:

that's the plan; i'm giving them a few days into flower to see how they start to stretch before i hack em but when i do i tend to only do it once and i sorta treat em like hybrid tea roses; open the center, try to avoid crossing branches, etc... luckily for me the rockbud grows like an x-mas tree so it's quite even and uniform in branching

Nice...def gonna keep tabs...i also second the endorsement on Dip & Grow, will never use anything else...pay attention ppl, wish someone woulda told me bout it soooooooner! Bless

if you want to improve your rockwool rate even more soak the rockwool in thrive-alive b1 with the red label at 10ml/gal... i went from 80% to 100% and they rooted faster and stronger than ever before; even the slower strains. i soak the cubes overnight; shake em out until water stops flying but i dont squeeze em at all; poke holes on the flip side; insert cuts; set with thermostat on a heatmat and pll 30 inches above.. crack the vents on the tray a little and forget it for a week or two; don't have to air em out; don't have to mess with the lid; don't have to rehydrate; nothing; easier than my ez-cloner.. seriously no joke... i also got a dremel and made a hole in the side of the 10x20 tray i use so i could get the probes through there and then tape it up to retain the humidity and moisture.

here is a shot of the same rockbud cut from a previous run i did in coco @ 55 days in...
picture.php

Holy crap that thing looks like a nice yielder. Nice nugs all over. That's the perfect size plant. A bunch of those and you're set.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Thats one hell of a fat little bush!!!
Crazy thick buds for such small
stature
Cheers

opt1c

Veteran
i'm hoping these put those to shame; they were nice but too small.. i've ran this cut outdoors and it can be a monster; there is a reason i've had it for over 2 years now
picture.php

two plants
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

taxi is here to take me to the bars; gotta run got the meds on me ;) :joint:

opt1c

Veteran
Long overdue update time... 21 days into flowering
picture.php

The plants ate my co2 burner :smokeit:

hey opt1c, how'd that haircut go, any pics?

yeah; it went pretty well.. waited till stretch was over to see how the canopy filled out; i removed a lot of interior branches but from the outside the plant looks the same (this plant is on the outside of the tray and gets light overlap from a 1k on a mover beside it so i left everything that'd fill out; the plant on the far left front of the tray in previous pics)
picture.php

picture.php

and a lil closeup of the stem... getting fat
picture.php

Here are some random canopy pics; finally got in before the lights went on... they are at 21 days of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts