What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Some pics from my 63watt LED micro grow.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, this wont be a grow diary as such but i thought the browsers here might be interested to see my first grow under a first generation 63 watt LED unit.
Its pretty simple. a single plant scrog with the screen attached to the pot, grown in organic soil. these pics take us up to 4 weeks in or so and i will update with more later. for more details see the link in my sig which will take you to the full grow diary in the Micro forum. Strain is Martian Mean Green, a sativa dom. hybrid

V.

Where we started
picture.php

10 days
picture.php

18 days
picture.php

27days
picture.php

V.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Very nice Verdant. I didn't realize you were into LED's. I don't have any yet myself, but I'm keen to try them out sometime. The plants look to be enjoying them!

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great bro, plants looking nice and lush

LEDGirl

Veteran
I'm really looking forward to seeing these when finished! I just sat and counted 19 "head" colas that I could see, although one is hiding just a little. In another 3 weeks those buds should start to plump up nicely :)

olekingkole

Verdant, would the 126 be sufficient for you 2x2 cab or would you prefer the next larger size model, which is, as I recall is about 200 watts? You are doing a great job!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe LEDgirl will tell us why or why not.

Maybe LEDgirl will tell us why or why not.

FIRST: Excellent grow! How many plants are in there... ONE?

will it get tall enough to need side lighting?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
petflora - sorry for late response - yes just one plant as it was already vegged pretty big. i thing two less stretchy ones may be better though. i never use side lighting.

finished at around 11 weeks and the dry yield was 59.2 grams which equates to pretty much 1 gram/watt. early days but quality seems as good and maybe better than HPS.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

again, more pics in the thread link in my sig

V.

DrWeed

VerdantGreen ,
Congrats to you! The best thread I’ve read on this sub-forum. You proved to me that a very small amount of LEDs can produce great, every thing equals elsewhere. I’m definitively considering LED for my next grows. Hopefully, it will help me to reduce my carbon footprint (in my view, this is the most interesting point with LED).
Thanks

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive also got another harvest nearly ready under the 63w unit - i'll update this thread with it shortly :)

MeanBean

Hey V, you got that setup dialed in bro!! I was thinking the other day about this and wanted to know what you thought.

Lets say you put 2 63w units in that same setup, do you think you will get twice as many buds or do you feel the over saturation would be a bit wasteful on the same sized canopy and maybe give you a bit less than double the weight from the same area???

Latest posts

Latest posts