What's new

my stainless steel BHO tube

reckon

after making SEVERAL runs with a PVC pipe BHO tube (yes, I will admit it) and after reading that this is epic failure, I decided to see about getting some kind of better tube arrangement.

after looking at ALL kinds of suitable stuff, I remembered I had THIS:
3x10overflowtank.jpg

it's a TIG welded 303 stainless radiator overflow tank, I got for my old 67 mustang, and never got around to installing it. It measures 3" O.D., and about 2.80 I.D. and is 10" long. This model has a 303 stainless screw cap, with a high temp silicone O-ring, and two open tube fittings on the bottom.

I drilled some tiny 0.680 holes in a "salt shaker" pattern in the cap, one of the tubes is long, and the other is short, so I cut the "long" tube down to 1/2" long on the outside, then on the inside I cut the tube off flush (you don't need this tube), then I cut some threads into the 1/2" piece sticking out the bottom with a die, and then screwed on a nipple cap so it's gas tight.
the other tube fitting is where the butane goes in: the largest adapter on the cans of vector I get fits perfectly: nice and snug, and no leaks. (I also cut the inlet tube down to 1/2" to make it easier to dispense the butane)

I pack the tube with trim, some ground popcorn buds, and whatever ABV (vaped cannabis) I have laying around.
Then cut a piece of coffee filter and stick it over the cap end, and start screwing on the cap, the threads cut the excess coffee filter off for you as you screw the cap on, and it stays nice and snug over the holes (INSIDE THE CAP) and you get no bits and sticks come flying through.

I run two full cans (the 10" one I use holds about 1.5oz), into a ROUND pyrex dish (no corners=easier to scrape) then use a heating pad for the final gas off.

I got my overflow tank at a car show swap meet for $15, but they sell for about $35-$50 depending on where you go,.....jeg's and summit are kinda pricey on these for some reason.

if you dont have access to thread cutting tools, you could just pinch, and fold the extra tube over a few times with a ball pein, so it's gas tight.

I like this because it's ALL 303 stainless, reasonably priced. and all you have to do is cap & cut the extra tube, and drill the exhaust holes to put it into service.

easy peasy, nice and cheesy.

thanks to all on the forum who posted the dangers of using PVC, which is what led to me finding this thing, which I think is pretty bad ass awesome coolness n stuffs.

enjoy safely!

thc43

Veteran
coffee filters and or Used fine mesh bubble bag work really at filtering leaf material out of the extract.

Sounds like you have made yourself a perfect new tool.:gift:if i looked at a overflow bottle long enough it may have come to mind too..

I made a simple copper pipe number with drilled out end caps, one end cap i line the inside with a round disc coffee filter cut out with a second coffee filter on the outside.

reckon

thanks for the props

I already had it, I NEEDED TO TOSS THE PVC TUBE, and like I said, it went from "radiator overflow tank" to "BHO extraction tube" in about 15 minutes.

now if I only had some more stuff to stick IN it :D