What's new

Alpha Diesel, Bogglegum, Soursaver, C99/Coco, h3ad method, (2) 1000w 5x5 tents

secretsrus4818

looking good. thx for keeping us up with the sour news. no pun intended.
cant wait to c how it turns out. id love to pop my sour soon. but ill be watching
how your turn out in the mean time. how are you draining? looks like your table is to low
for a rez to b underneath

G

GOOROO

in the further along tent there is a 70 gal botanicare rez that catches all run off and in the other I built a table and it has about a 30 gal rez under it.

I have been having issues with height as of late and am debating my options which are pretty much nil at this point. I have debated pulling the tables out and just setting the pots on the ground but then I have drainage issues with out a doubt.

Either way, I see it a a waste of a good foot of height that is wasted. Time to figure something else out!

G

GOOROO

haha, not quite what I was thinking kelly.

Well I ended up taking out the 70 gal rez that was under the botanicare tray which gave me a good 9 or 10 in in the left tent. In the other on I bought a smaller catch tray and cut about 7 in off of each leg. also giving me quite a bit more height room.
This should def make the difference.

Now the next problem. I've got mites! only on the plants well into flowering. I noticed the after I put them into flower, and there wasn't much damage and were barely noticeable, this morning they are on the plant closest to the door and have spun up some tiny webs on some of the fan leaves.
WEEK 4 1/2 of flower and I don't think there is much I can do!
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

secretsrus4818

Yikes! Mites in the 4th week! Ouch. Most likely dont want to spray. I have had this problem once before and what i did only slowed their progress. I used a small shop vaccum and sucked the little jerks off. I went for the webs first then to the bottoms of the leaves closest to where the webs were. my plants survived the beating but obviously would of been better had they never been exposed to the mites in the first place. I have read that spraying ph'ed water onto the bottoms of the leaves will inhibit the rate in witch the mites can build there webs. it slows them down a little. goOD LUCK gOOrOO

opt1c

Veteran
nice thread; check out pimp juice's thread if you can find it... he ran bato buckets with coco dtw on drip... i've also ran em... u can have ur res in a 55gal drum with a anti syphon line at the top and you're set.. they sit on the floor and drain into 1.5" pvc pipes... i have mine sitting on a tray though

as far as the mites go there isn't much you can do that'll knock em down 100% but there are a lot of little things you can do to control them... maybe predators might work in your situation... i always spray my plants with floramite when i flip them for this reason; better safe than sorry when it comes to the borg

G

GOOROO

I used a small shop vaccum and sucked the little jerks off. I went for the webs first then to the bottoms of the leaves closest to where the webs were. my plants survived the beating but obviously would of been better had they never been exposed to the mites in the first place. I have read that spraying ph'ed water onto the bottoms of the leaves will inhibit the rate in witch the mites can build there webs. it slows them down a little. goOD LUCK gOOrOO

Hey thanks for the advice
I actually sprayed them down with water today because I spotted a web. Sounds like this should keep them at bay. It really isn't that bad yet but I know how it can get.

Typically they flare up when plants are not thriving, which these ones are so hopefully they don't take over

nice thread; check out pimp juice's thread if you can find it... he ran bato buckets with coco dtw on drip... i've also ran em... u can have ur res in a 55gal drum with a anti syphon line at the top and you're set.. they sit on the floor and drain into 1.5" pvc pipes... i have mine sitting on a tray though

as far as the mites go there isn't much you can do that'll knock em down 100% but there are a lot of little things you can do to control them... maybe predators might work in your situation... i always spray my plants with floramite when i flip them for this reason; better safe than sorry when it comes to the borg

yea typically I spray with neem once a week untill flip but I didn't see any at all this time till it was already in week 3.

as far as watering goes. I really don't mind hand watering!
IME watering by hand allows you to distribute the water throughout the pot better. But thanks !

nice grow homie
:biggrin:

opt1c

Veteran
u can hand water the bato buckets; there are no rules to hydro... but they do sit on the ground and drain without needing vertical height; i put em on some r5 foam insulation board... i'd use saucers in your shoes though... when i was first growing i'd get a dishrack that would fit over a 5gal bucket; set the pot on top of the dishrack and water it; drains into the bucket; then back on the saucer on the ground it went... now i just take my moms in the kitchen and water them over the sink; still use the rack though

G

GOOROO

I understand what your saying but at this point i would only save myself another 6" which is really not necessary any more.

In what you describe where does the waste water go to?

H

HippyCrackTx

those are some reeeally healthy looking plants! coco rocks it every time

G

GOOROO

well today is day 36. The mite problem seems to be at bay. though there are thousands of eggs that are going to hatch. boooo!!!!
oh well life goes on.

SOme SB6 These ladies are def starting to put on the weight.

and some Alpha Diesel

the above top was too close to the light so i lowered the table that the plants were sitting on. looks nute def but it i think it had something to do with being so hot. the rest of that plant isn't yellowing yet