What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Fun Grow Room by Moto

motofox16

919.jpg

Alright its always fun to start off with a dank nug for viewing pleasure.

I have a lot to show here and am on day 30 on my first crop in this room. Now, to start things off with the build.

This is what I started with
1168.jpg

I know its messy, but thats size wize what im dealing with

If I learned one thing from my last grow room its that I f*%$ing hate cords and I realllllly hate insulated ducting!!!!

Notice the lights are being installed on top of my cieling height. Problems SOLVED :joint:

2128.jpg

Ok now starting to really put them flush with the ceiling

3b.jpg

Alwayys lightproof your ducting, even if your using insulated or not. Both kinds are not lightproof.

463.jpg

Haha funny shit. I forgot to put in the the god dam light bulb, they are sealed on the glass part, and I had already hooked up the ducting and everythingg. Whoops!! another stoner move :joint:

544.jpg

Alright back on track now, got the plastic in and the AC up.

5_5.jpg

Exactly where i want my cords. OUT of my room

5b.jpg

641.jpg

motofox16

CROP 1 DAY 1

CROP 1 DAY 1

The first crop I put into budding in this room is some New York City Diesel. These are some day 1 of budding pics.

731.jpg

824.jpg

M

Mr-B

First up!

Tagged. Great looking setup Moto. I noticed the bulbs were not in the fixture and was going to say something until I read further down.

Props to you.

B

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
very cool moto I never seen lights set up that way.. I will be checking your grow good luck with ya babys :joint:

nnep

What's the benefit of making your lights flush, vs keeping them on chains to lower/raise? Seems to me like your plants are very stretched and lanky because of it. Other than that, very nice, clean setup.

M

Mr-B

nnep: I believe Moto will elevate the plants until the are tall enough to sit down on the floor.
TBug runs his lights set flush in the grow room as well. His results are indisputable.

Peace

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Outstanding room brother...good job.

nnep: Im pretty sure he can raise his tables.

Stay Safe

motofox16

Ya as for the lights not being able to move. Heres what i find. First of all when I had my lights all connected together with that insulated ducting it was like practically impossible to move the lights anyway. All connected together, try to move one then your tape comes off and the ducting comes off. nope over that. I just raise the plants up actually just as easy as taking a 5 gal bucket underneath em just so they're close enough. I am growing a sativa based strain right now thats why you see the stretching, I have grown other sativa based strains with similar results with lights very close to the plants. I did not seem to lose anything but HEATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Haha rediculous enough i have a nice expensive co2 system with a dual tank reg and everything, just don't have enough money to fill the tanks. laaame haha. It will be turned on soon though!

nnep

Ya as for the lights not being able to move. Heres what i find. First of all when I had my lights all connected together with that insulated ducting it was like practically impossible to move the lights anyway. All connected together, try to move one then your tape comes off and the ducting comes off. nope over that. I just raise the plants up actually just as easy as taking a 5 gal bucket underneath em just so they're close enough. I am growing a sativa based strain right now thats why you see the stretching, I have grown other sativa based strains with similar results with lights very close to the plants. I did not seem to lose anything but HEATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Haha rediculous enough i have a nice expensive co2 system with a dual tank reg and everything, just don't have enough money to fill the tanks. laaame haha. It will be turned on soon though!

makes sense, thanks for sharing. Again, very clean setup. good luck!

motofox16

Thank you guys so much for the positive thoughts, It is looking and smelling insanely good for some NYC diesel. Not my favorite strain, but next up... CHEM DAWGGGG :)

Just some background info here. I am in 5 gallon pots (mostly) and have 50/50 coco/pearllite.

The next crop will be coco/clay pebbles because of the fact that I really hate working with pearllite. You pour a bucket of it and get a face full of white who knows how toxic dust. Clay pebbles seem to do the same thing, but don't have all the dust. I really don't see a difference yet between the pearllite and the clay pebbles to airing out the soil, seems to be about the same.

Oh and the pot size, I had some questions about what pot size was most economical, so i said fuck it and just thought i'd try it myself. I have 6 control (5 gal buckets) and 2 experimental buckets (10 galloners). So far there has not been toooo much difference, but they are a bit taller. The real test will be the weight average per plant. When i weigh it up I will post results.

motofox16

CROP 2 DAY 11

CROP 2 DAY 11

CHEM DAWGGGGG. First time Growing. Cant wait to smoke this shit this is and has always been one of my favorite strains. I didn't get to veg it for as long as i'd like to, but my rooms gotta start with something.

P1030601.jpg

P1030602.jpg

P1030603.jpg

hazy

Veteran
Nice Moto. :eggnog:
NYCD is one of my favs that I've run. Had one that was really stinky. pine/lemon. It was a lanky one too.
Good luck.

Che

Veteran
Hey Moto this is awesome, can't wait to see how the chem turns out for ya. Tagged up!

motofox16

Hey Moto this is awesome, can't wait to see how the chem turns out for ya. Tagged up!

Oh man! you and me both. Chem D has alwayyys been one of my favorite strains. The smell and the taste just cant be beat! I hope I got the good pheno cause I want to keep that strain around for a loooong time. Some plants smell even before they bud, even in beginning stages, well I would wake up and approach my veg room and smell a VERY distinct diesel like smell, very surprising and .... awesome haha.

interesting room design... i'm in

Thanks man. I sat down at AutoCAD after my last room and just figured fuck it i'll make the ceiling height as tall as a full grown plant and raise the smaller ones and take care of a ton of my heating issues. Plus I really hate that insulated ducting shit and my biggest issue was sucking co2 out of my room. all those little tiny holes that find their way through the tape and around the lights that weren;t fully sealed, my 10 inch fan was sucking it all out, so this way I KNOW there is no air leak. I took Silicon and siliconed the whole light/cieling transition. My whole room was basically designed on the fact that I wanted to keep my CO2 in and seal that shit up. I have cool doors too but they are not quite finished. I'll show that setup when im done.

Latest posts

Latest posts