What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC 36 Hempy 160w cfl bud shots

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Here are a few pre-harvest shots of my KC 36 growing in a Hempy trough. I just trimmed all the fan leaves off, going to let it flush another week.

I have 2 of these troughs under 160 watts of cfls (4 40w) and harvest once a month. The first half of bloom they were fed dyna-grow bloom(normally use it for the yard), the second half they were fed dutchmaster advanced with potash+. I'll post some harvest weights when they dry.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

I love these using these Hempy troughs. There are 6 plants in one container and I watered/fed every other day. They have gone 3 days a few times with no ill effects and probably could have gone 4. Using a trough makes a big res. at the bottom.

The clones were made in rapid rooters then put in 70:30 coco:verm mix and vegged until they were about 8" tall, then they were put in the perlite Hempy trough and bloomed.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
lvclosetgrower- I have 2 40w bulbs screwed into a Y adapter and that screwed into a ceramic socket mounted inside an inverted rubbermaid sitting on top of another one. The ceramic mounts are located on the shorter sides of the rubbermaid facing each other, which end up having 4 cfl coils in the center.

PuReKnOwLeDgE- Thanks

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice! Are you still running only the single fan? Do the plants grow up into the lights or stay below them?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Yes, I'm still running a that single fan, it works great and is very quiet.

If the plants get too close to the lights, I can move the ceramic sockets further up into the rubbermaid. There are 3 height positions I can set the bulbs at.

mg00c

plants are lookin awesome man they look like they all grew perfectly:yes:. keep us posted with harvest pics and dry weights :joint:

durtbag

Sam....
That looks like a job WELL done! I think thats the best I've seen, with so little wattage.
Truely good work there!