What's new

HelisHome - 272w CFL Micro HDSOG - Sub-$500 All-In-One Cabinet

Helis

Hi all!
This is Helis, writing in to share something with the community, hopefully to inspire some and get a little feedback along the way.
Last summer I was approached by a patient-friend who needed a contained growspace. I designed and built one for him and got the tick... So I started reading more, and designing a cabinet to provide the ideal amount of medicine for my own personal use. I am not extremely well-experienced in cannabis cultivation (though I have read plenty and have viewed some grows, I have never grown myself) but I have been growing herbs and veggies indoors and out for years now, and I do know what a plant likes in terms of atmosphere and environment. After lots of SketchUp versions of cabinets based on others (NGB, Anti, Pipedream, Tick, Thundurkle, Pontiac, Redgreen, Dr Bud to name a few) and based on the first one I built, I settled on a solution for my own growspace.

Shortly thereafter my plans were interrupted by a last-minute move. After finally settling in a secure location, I went back to designing a cabinet not just based on what I needed but what fit in with my new space. I may be medical, I may be in a state with lax cultivation laws, I may live on my own, but stealth is something important regardless. I didn’t want a big black tent anywhere but I wanted enough space to provide me with what I need to get by.

Design
After analyzing my space, and my cannabis intake habits, I decided I needed a growspace that fit the following credentials:

- Designed for Perpetual MicroSOG
≤2.5 sq. ft. Flowering space
≥24 Plants in 20oz Gatorade Bottles or similar
Should be able to hold ≥10gal Rubbermaid (for future E&F expansion)
6 plants/2 weeks, 3 plants/week
Assuming 5g/plantlet (a beginner level estimate?) then 15g/week or 30g/2 weeks... 2oz/month, perfect.

- Flowering, Clone/Mom, Utility, and Drying Rooms needed
- Separated lights in Flowering for heat
(post-build, decided to separate Clone/Mom lights as well)
- Built-in ventilation & carbon scrubber (self-contained design)
- Max (rough) dimensions 36” l x 18” w x 32” h

After countless more revisions based upon my available space, I ended up on the following design, something I call the HelisHome Cabinet

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This cabinet met all my needs and has the following dimensions:
Flower Room: 22.5” x 17” x 25 7/8”
Veg/Mom/Clone Room: 12” x 17” x 18”
Utility Room: 12” x 17” x 7 7/8”
“Lightspace”: 22.5” x 17” x 4”
Drying Room: 12” x 17” x 3”

Here is a graphic with all the (important) dimensions included:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

First let me say that this cabinet is still incomplete... I have run into fan, cooling, and power issues since firing it up and as such it is in a constant state of “updating.” I’ll break down the facts and figures into Lighting, Electricity, Airflow, Odor Control, Medium and Nutrients. This will be followed by a cost analysis as well so that the at-home grower can see how cheap a self-supplying system can be. Then Cabinet pictures! :D

Lighting
Mom/Clone room (18/6) is designed for 4 x 26w 6500k 1750 lu CFL lamps, which breaks down to:
104w / 1.42 sq. ft. = 73.24w / sq. ft.
7000 lu / 1.42 sq. ft. = 4929.58 lu / sq. ft.

Flowering room (12/12) is designed for 5-9 bulbs of a mix of 42w 2700k 2700 lu CFL bulbs and 26w 2700k 1700 lu CFLs
Currently flowering room is lit by 4 x 42w and 4 x 26w bulbs, which breaks down to:
272w / 2.65 sq. ft. = 102.64w / sq. ft.
17600 lu / 2.65 sq. ft. = 6641.51 lu / sq. ft.
This is roughly what Dr. Bud had in his 2ft cabinet... I will likely put in 1-2 more 42w bulbs soon, replacing 2 of the 26w bulbs. Adding one more 42w bulb would bring the lu / sq. ft. up to 7660...
I have considered PL-L lighting but already owned most of the bulbs and sockets for this project... However I am very interested in them as a future upgrade (same to be said of 90w, 120w LED lamps, looking towards the heat of summer).

Electricity
Power for the fans is intended to be supplied by a MicroATX computer power supply. However 1 week into running this cabinet my PSU shorted out, so I am in a state of purgatory while I wait for a new one and more fans...
Anyway, there is a 25’ 16ga cable running out of the utility room, down through the veg and drying rooms and out the bottom of the cabinet. The cable ends at a handybox in the utility room which has 2 outlets and one switch. Again these are parts I had around the home, I would like to move this to a GFCI outlet and possibly get rid of the switch.
A power strip goes into the handy box with the lights plugged into it and the fans running off the other handy box outlet.
I would like to end up with the computer PSU running off one outlet and one outlet devoted to lights. Pumps and other business would go on a power strip connected to a third (of four) outlets.
Even at max pull this cabinet doesn’t touch 0.5 kW (closer to 400w all powered up) so I am not worried about overdrawing on any of the above power connections.
picture.php
picture.php

Airflow
The cab is designed to have fans in the following spots: Two “inline” 80mm fans (4 fans total) pulling through the carbon scrubber, one 80mm fan pushing through the flower lights, and one 80mm fan pushing through the veg lights. As I had some fans laying around and then broke some I’m short of what I need. However what I would like to do with this is end up with two 80mm inlines pushing individually through the veg and flower lights respectively. However the ducting for this would take up most of my utility room...

Currently the air comes up through the air filter below the drying room (inside the cabinet), up through the veg room and through the light/air baffles (I would like to install one of ScrubNinja’s angular baffles as I could cut down on the size of the walls and the baffles inside them) into the flower room. Air gets pushed around by a 120mm silent fan on half power and then through a carbon scrubber and out the one inline fan I have set up, which is ducted to the flower lights.

My cabinet stays around 84° F during the lights on and 62° F during lights off... I have a hard time dropping daytime temps below 75° F even with the carbon scrubber removed. I have attributed this to the lights getting air, but not enough air. So as part of my shopping list I not only have 2 more 80mm fans for the cabinet airflow but 2 silent 80mm fans to install in the lights as well.

Odor Control
The carbon scrubber is comprised of a wood frame 1” thick with polyfill and screen taped to both sides (couldn’t find my staple gun) and carbon packed to hell in between. I removed the filter a day ago to check on why it wasn’t working and the tape had come off. To remedy this, I will be building a thinner frame (1/2”) and rebuilding the filter, this time using my staple gun...
I find that Renuzit air fresheners work very well and are cheap as shit.
picture.php

Medium
Eventually clones will be put in 18oz Solo, 20oz Gatorade/Soda, 22oz Rockstar, or 33oz Smartwater bottles, all cut as Hempy Cups and using Hydroton as a medium. The “ideal cup” will be a search for later.

Right now 21 plants were started in coco pucks and then vegged out one month in 20oz Gatorade Hempys, 16 of them with 2” of hydroton at the bottom and all perlite on top and 5 of them is all-Hydroton (minus the coco puck of course). Of all these plants, most got rootbound (as expected). Those that were rootbound are now bogged/transplanted in 32oz Gatorade Hempys or 18oz Solo Hempys both with Hydroton. I should mention that I have decided on all-hydroton from here on out as I find the all-Hydroton babies just as happy as those in perlite & I find perlite to be messy with little benefit. I am not into mess. Also all of these are being done as an experiment, as I have a lot of the same strain growing and would like to see what works and also use what I have.

Also some plants have been started 12/12 from seed to see how they do in 20oz cups... I am not worried about yield, I am looking for Moms! Then I will worry about maximizing my weight...

I have also built a E&F table that fits in the flower room perfectly and only takes up 5” of useable height. Add that to the 5-6” of cup height and I still have 14 7/8” - 15 7/8” growing height before the lights. However I will be waiting until I am in all-clones to use this for a few reasons. The pump I was using for the system does not allow me to use inlet tubing, and thus needs more “base height” of water to operate. This will be solved by buying a new & bigger pump when the time comes. Also, the E&F tray part of the system was blocking off my light/air walls, killing airflow. When an angular light vent is installed part of these walls will be removed and the E&F system should fit just fine (and allow me to leave the box unattended for a week). Lastly I would like to wait before I “kill off” the 5” of height that the E&F system takes until I am starting from clone and able to control finish height.

All plants have been & will be hand watered for this grow cycle. I must say this is my first time using the Hempy method of passive hydro (I’ve done non-cannabis DWC, Aero, E&F, Wicking-Passive Hydro...) and I am very much enjoying it. I water each cup until I spy a little runoff, every day until I see roots at the bottom then every other day or as they need it. If I move to 33oz SmartWater bottles I may be able to scoot the 2” high hole up an inch or so. I believe there to be leniency, after all, the DalaiHempy’s method was meant to be applied to 5gal buckets...

Nutrients
I will be using the GH Flora series in the Lucas Formula... I plan to use additives as well in later plant cycle. These additives being:
Flora Blend (though now that I own it I will likely make my own in the future, though the price isn’t steep)
Floralicious Plus (considered FulMag, Liquid Karma, other hum/fulv blends but would like to stick with GH)
Homemade “Sweet” (FloraNectar and Sweet were considered but were rejected when I read people’s reviews and thought about price, but then I came upon THESE THREADS and tweaked it for myself)

I was originally using vinegar for pH down (old habit) but have recently switched to lemon juice concentrate for at least my cannabis... Hopefully with the addition of Floralicious Plus to this grow I won’t even have to use it as often. I do not find a need for pH up in any of my growing systems (I use tap water... 190 µs/133 PPM.7/95 PPM.5 and a pH of ~7.5-7.7). I also do not see a need for RO water as I would just be adding things back anyway... I drink my tap, my girls can too.

Cost Analysis for HelisHome Cabinet

Cabinet $179
Plans - $000 - Self-Designed
(2) 4'x8'x1/2" - $060 - Home Depot
Flat White Paint - $008 - Home Depot
Electrical Box - $017 - Home Depot
Weather Stripping - $005 - Home Depot
Tot Loks - $020 - Home Depot
Hinges - $010 - Home Depot
Register Vent - $008 - Lowes
Air Filter $008 - Home Depot
Glass Plate - $010 - Home Depot
Lexan Sheet - $008 - Home Depot
Mylar - $025 - Hydroponics Store
Foamcore - $000 - Found

Tools $036
Silicone Caulk - $008 - Home Depot
Paint Supplies - $008 - Home Depot
Glass Cutter - $010 - Home Depot
Hole Saw Set (1" - 5") - $010 - Harbor Freight

Lighting + Electrics $110

(4) 26w 6500K @ 1750Lu - $012 - Wal Mart
(4) 26w 2700K @ 1700Lu - $007 - Wal Mart
(4) 42w 2700K @ 2700Lu - $040 - Target
13w Green CFL - $005 - Lowes
(7) Sockets - $021 - Lowes
(5) Y-adapters - $010 - Lowes
Outlet-Socket Adapter - $002 - Lowes
(2) Extension Cords - $003 - Lowes
(2) 24hr Timers - $010 - Target

Airflow $023
Wall Wart - $000 - Found
(3) Thermaltake Smart Fan II - $023 - Newegg/Found

Scrubber $005
Frame (Wood) - $000 - Found
Mesh Screen - $000 - Found
Polyfill - $000 - Found
Carbon - $005 - Wal Mart

Medium (Hempy) $030
20 oz Bottles (Gatorade) - $015 - Grocery/Found
Hydroton - $012 - Hydro Store
Perlite (Miracle Gro) - $003 - Home Depot

Cloning $019
Air Pump - $005 - Wal Mart
Air Stone - $004 - Wal Mart
Air Tubing - $003 - Wal Mart
Clear Tupperware - $002 - Wal Mart
TakeRoot - $005 - Wal Mart

Nutrients $041
GH Flora Micro - $015 - Hydro Store
(2) GH Flora Bloom - $026 - Hydro Store

Testing/Mixing $036
EC Meter - $025 - eBay
PH Testing Kit - $006 - Wal Mart
Pool Thermometer - $002 - Wal Mart
5 Gal Bucket - $002 - Home Depot
PH Down (Lemon Concentrate) - $001 - Grocery
----------------------------------------------------
Total $495*

*This is without nutrient additives and the E&F table as they are not “necessary” to the grow system. Also I believe in making things, recycling, and finding whatever I can be it in my own home or in the trash - this is why a lot of things cost nothing and were “found.” Urban areas and wealthier suburbs are a haven for useful things in the trash, so are schools and universities near semester’s end.

The Cabinet

picture.php

All lit up

picture.php

Cab overview

picture.php

View from inside the Flower room with Mom/Clone lights on

picture.php

Lights off - top view

picture.php

Lights on (sans mylar)

picture.php

Flower room all lit up (sans mylar)

picture.php

Mom/Clone room with drying/air filter room below it

picture.php

Mom/Clone room all lit up with “drawer” on stilts

That’s it for now, I will put up more soon as my first cycle is well underway (day 7 of 12/12) and I’d like to keep you all updated :)
Any questions or feedback, fire away!

Helis

Last edited:

mg00c

Nicely thought out design and beautifully executed cabinet you got there. I appreciate the thoroughness of your posts also; everything anyone could ever want to know about your setup is in your post.:yes:

Helis

Thanks for the comments! I suppose it has some potential though the "left-to-do's" on the list are getting on my nerves...
And I guess it is in high gear because today (day 8 of 12/12) I got a little time to peek in during lights on & noticed one plant had some balls showin' down so it was time for a choppin'!
I ain't worried who's a female and who's not, I just don't want any boys in my home :noway:
This brings the plants in round 1 to 18/20... Plus one Hempy with flowers in it (plant 21) and they are LOVING lucas... Then there are 7 plants in round 2 (the 12/12-from-seed experiment). This leaves room for about 1 plant in the cab (as currently set up) until/if I get another male.
Clones will be taken next week and vegged as moms.

I promise to get some pictures up and do a major update in a few days... Life is busy here but life is sweet.

Helis

grouchy

You never did mention the 13w green cfl you bought from lowes. Is it for checking on them after lights out?

mg00c

nice, looking forward to the picture update. I can tell you from experience that the 12/12 from seed will be a pretty modest yield but, as you said, it's one of the best ways to get good mothers fast. The reveg usually takes about a month in my experience but it may be faster if you transplant them from their 20 oz cups to a bigger pot.

Can't wait to see this set up when it's 100% up and running with mothers and clones.

TokeSolo

It just goes to show that if you put the time and money in you could end up with a pretty slick grow space like yours. It's looking great already, and you don't even have any plants growing in there yet. Cant wait to see this in full swing! Good Luck

Helis

Let's get you up to speed...

Let's get you up to speed...

Grouchy yes the green CFL was bought to check on my ladies during lights-off, as that's most often when I'm around the cabinet. However I haven't used it yet, I tend to get all my business done during lights-on and leave them alone at night. I'm scared to stress any of them more! No hermies plz :nono:

TokeSolo & mg00c Thank you for the comments! I too cannot wait for this setup to be running at its full potential.

Pictures tonight or tomorrow morning! Depends on how long I can manage my pain tonight :mad: When moving gets hard to do sitting in front of a computer becomes a major task.
I do have some nute burn/def issues that I might like the :1help: of the community on... Pictures will illustrate & they'll be up in my next post.

So I realize I'm bringing you all into the cycle a little late so here is a nice lengthy post detailing the major events from germination until today.
All nutrient mixing is done in bold so you can see what I'm feeding.
You may assume that I am constantly watering every day or every other.
Sorry for the small print... I am trying to balance letting you all in on how the babies are doing & not making you read a novel :yoinks:
So sit back and :joint: and stroll through the first month in my cabinet.

10/01/09 Germed 15 Local Bagseed, 1 Magic Bus, 1 Grapefruit Kush, 5 Zyrtec seeds in paper towels, total count 22 starting seeds. Three days later all sprouts were moved to coco pucks. After experiencing this, future germination will be done in coco pucks.

10/03/09 Cab construction started

10/05/09 Day 1 of growth. The Grapefruit Kush seed never germinated. The next few days had some leggy growth up to the top of the humidity dome.

10/10/09 Transplanted all into 20oz Hempy cups, killed 1 plant (oops) and mislabeled 1. 20 seedlings is current count, plus 1 cup of flowers. Today the cabinet was also finished in basic construction and ready for veg side use.

10/10/09 Mixed 2.5 gals w/ 0.5-0.5-0 (GH Flora.. this will be standard notation), rooting hormone. 280 µs reading (190 tap, 90 nutes) ~6.0 ph.

10/13/09 Watered using dunk method. The next day got a dunk watering as well, but this was deemed too time consuming and work began on an E&F system. Also removed #16 - didn't make it in coco cubes. Some seedlings showing Mg deficiency.
10/13/09 Mixed 1 gal "seedling mix" with 1 gal 0-5-10 (lower lucas), 2 gal plain water, 480 µs reading (190 tap, 290 nutes) ~5.8 ph

10/16/09 Mixed 2.5 gal water with 0-2-4/gal, 650µs (190µs tap, 460µs nutes) ~5.8ph

10/19/09 Mixed 1.5 gal with 0-5-10/gal, watered down 1/4 gal. 1040µs (190µs tap, 850µs nutes) ~5.8 ph

10/20/09 Some plants burned and some plants are measly still. All roots observed as hitting internal res. From here on plants were checked every day but mostly watered every other.

10/21/09 Almost 95° in Mom/Clone room so I installed Mom/Clone room light separator, which dropped the temps to ~80 with the scrubber in. Checked res level on a few plants. Still have nutrients. Water tomorrow, back off EC by adding 1/4 gal tap.

10/22/09 Checked res level on a few plants. Almost empty, should water tonight, making it every 2 days in veg. One plant showing signs of toxicity. Two plants still measly. May flush tonight, water again.

10/23/09 Flushed nute-burned plant with tap water, then flushed with ph'd water, then watered down nutrients. Today the computer PSU died. Switching to wall wart which can only run the inline, interior fans are out.

10/24/09 Most plants showing signs of burn. But flushed plants looks in recovery. Mixed some runoff from today's watering with 1 gal boiling water, 1 gal cool water, ph'd to 6.0. Soaked coco pucks. Germed 2 Chocolate Chip, 2 Zyrtec and 5 Local Bag seeds in coco pucks.
10/24/09 Mixed 1 gal 5-10/gal, watered down 1/2 gal. 900µs (190µs tap, 710µs nutes), ~5.8 ph

10/28/09 One plant very short, wilty, and dark green. Likely rootbound but leaving it for now. 5/9 new germs showing. Put under 26w CFL for now, to go under 12/12 ASAP. In future I will germinate under light so as to minimize stretch.

10/29/09 Since installing light divider, daytime temps in the Mom/Clone room are 69°-75°, drops to 63°-67° at night. Very nice. Day was cut short to 12 hours. Moved exhaust to flower lights, installed E&F table. 7/9 new germs showing.
10/29/09 Mixed 5 gals 0-5-10 with 2 gallons tap. 1010 µs (190µs tap, 820µs nutes), ~5.8 ph

10/30/09
Day 25 of veg, and Day 0 of 12/12. Plants placed in flower room in E&F table which fed them 3 times a day. Plants respond well. Temps in flower room were 95°+ today. Airflow is blocked by E&F table.

10/31/09 Installed lights 1/2" higher, removed E&F table.

11/01/09 With fan inside, temps 82. Without fan, temps 87. Bent some of the taller plants slightly to stiffen stems & train a little. Temps 88.

11/04/09 Need to transplant most plants, lots are rootbound. Drinking water too quick, slowed growth & lots of stretching.

11/05/09 Bogged/Transplanted all but five plants to 32 oz Gatorade or 18 oz Solo cups & one into Lysol wipe container. New germs (on day 9) have been sitting under 1 26w CFL. Will be transplanted ASAP.

11/06/09 Started watering plants every day again to encourage roots to move downwards.
11/06/09 Mixed 3 gal of 0-5-10, 5 ml/g FloraBlend, added .5 gal of tap. 1 capful H2O2/gal. 1270 µs reading (190 µs tap, 1080 µs nutes), ph ~5.8
11/06/09 Mixed .75 gal tap with some of above mix for seedlings. 528 µs reading (190 µs tap, 338 µs nutes), ph ~5.5

11/07/09 Labeled all babies and gave them a Neem bath :D They will be due for another one in ~2 weeks. Roots of repotted plants starting to move to new res's. Should be ~1 more week or less.

11/08/09 Round 2 spends first day under 12/12 & in Hempy cups. They will be watered daily until 3rd nodes appear. Temps 88 in flower room. Cab was briefly FULL but one plant showed balls & got chopped. Saved a flower double-solo-cup style to try and save pollen.

11/09/09 Some plants showing sex, two show as female and five are all suspected as being males. Zyrtec female is ideal candidate for clone moms. Many plants starting to yellow on lower leaves and appear to have ?N, K? deficiencies.

11/10/09 Day 37/11 Chopped down a male, took all plants out for photos and rinsed out catch tray. 4 males still remain, waiting two more days for them to mature so I can be sure of sex.

Helis

Hi all! Photo time :joint:

Plant Overview All groups then the flowers, and the 12/12 group. 5 and 14 are female. Plants 1, 4, 11, 20, 21 were identified as male and killed off. I'll notice a male beforehand, and then at some point pop in and :abduct: that naughty little pubescent boy out of my all-girls school. I don't like to kill plants in view of other plants :crazy:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Full Cab on days 33, 35, 36
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Individual Plants
Plant 14, showing itself as female. Is this an N deficiency? Should I switch from 0-5-10 to 0-6-9 to provide more N? Some plants have burnt-looking tips from feeding aggressively up till now so I am afraid to go to 0-7-14 or 0-8-16
picture.php

Plant 12 - Magic Bus (seed was a gift) looks healthy but is starting to show as a male. Might keep the pollen from him, it's clearly a nice indica-dominant and it loves the agressive feeding it deals with. Might be fun to have its lineage continued in the cab.
picture.php

Plant 9 having nutrient problems.
picture.php

Plant 7 Having some nute problems. Burned from early agressive feeding but also suffering deficiency?
picture.php

Leaves from recent cleaning showing N, K deficiency? Correct me if I'm wrong (please!)
picture.php

Lemme know what you think

Helis

They will start to show signs of a deficency when they get burned, only because something is getting locked out. Do a good flush, feed with 1/4 strength and then take it from there...

Nice lookin' cab, +REP

TB4U :joint:

What are your temps running? What are you using to feed your plants? I notice you're using a formula without Nitrogen. You will want to use some Nitrogen through mid flower or you will end up with premature yellowing. Let us know! :joint:

Helis

ThisBuds4You my temps are running about 78-85 during lights on... My ambient is currently controlled by nature unfortunately. When I better cool the lights I expect this to drop to 75-80 or cooler (I am waiting on more fans & a new PSU, until then the cab is running on "bandaids")

I am using GH Flora Micro & Bloom to feed my plants, hand watered. When I say 0-5-10 I mean 0 ml/gal GH Flora Grow, 5 ml/gal GH Flora Micro, and 10 ml/gal GH Flora Bloom.
So when I am feeding @ 0-5-10 I am feeding them an NPK value of 62-62-100
Changing this to 0-6-9 (Head's formula) would change the NPK value to 74-55-94 but I will try flushing all plants first with ph'd tap and then stepping my nutrients down for a bit.

Thanks for stopping bye! It looks like I'll have to peruse your former and current works :)

Helis

ThisBuds4You my temps are running about 78-85 during lights on... My ambient is currently controlled by nature unfortunately. When I better cool the lights I expect this to drop to 75-80 or cooler (I am waiting on more fans & a new PSU, until then the cab is running on "bandaids")

I am using GH Flora Micro & Bloom to feed my plants, hand watered. When I say 0-5-10 I mean 0 ml/gal GH Flora Grow, 5 ml/gal GH Flora Micro, and 10 ml/gal GH Flora Bloom.
So when I am feeding @ 0-5-10 I am feeding them an NPK value of 62-62-100
Changing this to 0-6-9 (Head's formula) would change the NPK value to 74-55-94 but I will try flushing all plants first with ph'd tap and then stepping my nutrients down for a bit.

Thanks for stopping bye! It looks like I'll have to peruse your former and current works :)

Helis

Ahh, Ok. Yes, that seems to be a lil bit of a hot mix. Def flush them out and give them 1/4 strength and see what happens. Keep us posted! :joint:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Great cab Helis but did you change gallery permissions or something? I can't expand the thumbnails. Looks cool as hell though.

Helis

Scrub I have not changed any settings to my gallery but I have noticed that pictures can be funky here. Is it the first post you are having problems with? It's the only one where I used thumbnails and its the first & only time I've used them in the vbcode as WWSIWYG. I will try to fix them for you ASAP

Flushed most of my plants during lights-on yesterday and fed at about 1/4 strength. Some plants look a little better from yesterday, some look a little worse. Probably just shock. I'll let them relax for a few days on low nutes and see how they fare.
Also last night I rebuilt the carbon scrubber, 0.5" carbon instead of 0.75"-1.00" which was slowing the fan too much. As of this morning its working very well.

In other news #12 showed herself to me this morning as a girl... Had me worried, little bugger was showing pre-balls a few days ago but must have just been playing a trick. It knows it is the only one of its kind I have... Cheeky.

If I get my pain under control this weekend (it is looking up) I will try to do some repairs and finishing on the cabinet, and tomorrow I would like to clone some of my females and throw them under 20/4 light (I have cloned lots of annuals during their bloom cycle and found 20/4 personally preferable to 24/0 for getting roots to post on revegetating material). I hope to take either 3 clones from 6 plants for 18 potential mothers or 4 clones from 5 plants for 20 potential mothers. These would be left to reveg, then the healthiest & most vigorous of each donor plant would get repotted as a mother, other clones would be selectively either transplanted and thrown into 12/12 or put in fridge-stasis so we can get this system going like it should be :joint:

superpedro

Veteran
Your cap looks great, good work!
I hope you get well past the problems with your plants.

BTW, I have problems with expanding your thumbnails as well.

Helis

Thank you pedro!
They are doing okay and will do better. I'm sure with time and resources like this I will be fostering very happy girls later. For now I am learning!

Also I have fixed my first post. It seems the thumbnail setup just does not work for me.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thank dude it's all showing great now. Looks really impressive! Sing out if you need any help making the angle duct.

Helis

Just a quick update! All but two plants are girls... One showed a single banana the other day but it was plucked off and nothing's been seen since. The two that aren't showing seem to be taking their time... No preflowers even as of today.
A bunch of clones were taken on Friday and Saturday in passive methods (straight coco pucks & a perlite cloner). We will see how they are early next week. There are ~15 of them and they will all be vegged until the roots are begging to come out of the coco pucks, then decisions will be made :joint:
I'll have some photos to put up tomorrow after I spend some time with the girls.

Latest posts

Latest posts