What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10k Watts, 3 Gallon Pots, 90 Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Brainwreck And Urkulan

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
here we go again! this time i had an abundance of clones and decided to go with 3 gallon pots. all plants are in the 24"-30" range. i realize i may not get the same yield as last time, but we will see! 1/2 the plants are in regular plastic pots and the other half is in smart pots. all filled with 66% canna coco and 33% coco croutons. fed with H@G nutrients once again.
1st room....

2nd room, pics takin as lights were turning on, hence the slight yellow lighting....

mr cheese

looking excellent mate, dnt tell me u hand feed them everyday?? cnt see any pipe work, my god ur poor bk! lol

krunchbubble

Veteran
Oregonic - these pics are at around week 4, dont remember the exact date i put them into flowering.

mr cheese - ya, there hand watered, every other day. about to water every day, the smart pots are starting to droop on the second day without water, thats why some leaves are yellow. hand watering a 10 lighter is childs play, dosent take much time or effort. this other room was hand watered every day as well, that was a bit harder....

mr cheese

ha noway, had very simaler set up running last yr with 80 600s n 10 for mom, babies room but i built wooden trolleys to house flood n drain tables with reses underneath, fully automated tho, my god i wouldt of fancied doing it by hand i must say.
out of intrest why didnt u just use pumps n timers on the big un?

yer 10 lighter aint that bad by hand, im doin 8 by hand in soil myself, jst spli into 2 rms so bit of ball ach but hey we cud be stuck in a office instead ay mate! lol

all best mrc

Are your smart pot and plastic pot plants the same age and how different are they?

I've been hearing a lot of hype about those smart pots but never seen a side-by-side before.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Calimed - wow, someone else has brainwreck? not many around here has it. bet we know some of the same people.

mr cheese - for some reason hand watering worked extremely well for that situation. if i didnt fill res's, 1 hour tops and i was out of there. never ever had 1 problem doing it that way, it was to simple! and you are absolutely right, much better then stuck in an office for sure! :woohoo:

observer tom - the plastic pots are 6 months older then the smart pots. really dont see much of a difference between the two yet, except the price tag. 79 cents each for the plastic and almost $3 each for the smart pots.

chemsteady

sweet!

sweet!

krunch, your grow looks sick, and the plants look amazing. :D i was wondering, why not do drippers with your setup? take advantage of the coco, you know? if you only handwater once a day, its kinda like treating it like soil, no? either that or you handwater more than once a day...but by the look of your growop, you have a lot of shit to do.

also, had some of that brainwreck---amazing bud. my friend said it was arcata brainwreck, im assuming its the same, but regardless, it was nice. do drop clones at any clubs? peace man, rad grow.

~c

krunchbubble

Veteran
chemsteady - i dont stay at this particular spot, and i am lazy. if i set up a drip, i would go there once a week and and be less likely to spot any problems. plus the neighbors need to see someone going there often to not arouse any suspicion.
i am taking full advantage of the coco. trust me, im not by any means new to it. coco is watered similar to soil, but with no runoff. coco loves to be moist and not soaked.
not sure if it is arcata brainwreck, just know its brainwreck. trainwreck dominant, white widow flavor. i dont drop any clones off at clubs, most clubs treat there clone suppliers like shit and there markup is way to high. ive had nothing but problems trying to supply clubs.......

chemsteady

hmmm...

hmmm...

yeah, for awhile there i was getting lazy too and only watered once a day, kinda like a soil grow. i had a talk with h3ad about this and he assured me that watering as often as possible in coco IS taking advantage of coco. more oxygen exchange>>>root growth, etc.

i couldnt get over the whole, heavy, obviously still moist coco pot needing to be watered again, but i tried it and sure enough, my plant growth exploded. also, watering with a little run-off (not in smart pots tho :D) helped me to ensure no excessive salt buildup. i mean, its obviously working your way, no disrespect, just thought id pass along the experience.

i hear you about the bay area clubs--necessary means to and end sometimes, though. peace krunch.
~c

smallfry707

looks great like all your grows .. are the bulbs hung vertically on this grow as well? and if hung vertically are they above the plants or are the plants in a circle with the bulb in the middle? and i wanted to know if your sweet pink grapefruit comes in seed form from any breeders?
thanks
-small

Krunch,

Enjoy all your threads. You get alot of questions about hand watering and I was curious how much time you really spend watering. I hand water at least (50) 3 gallon pots a day and it only takes me half an hour to 45 minutes and that includes some "face time" with the plants.

I never really found it a burden. Curious how you see it.

krunchbubble

Veteran
smallfry707 - the bulbs are hung vertically, open bulb style. they hang about 2 feet about the plants. no specific pattern with the plants. have the 5 bulbs in each in a "X" pattern. this cut is a clone only spg from some old kats in santa cruz.

theroadwarrior - it takes 20-30 minutes to hand water, not a problem at all. i have pond liner on the floor so im going fairly quickly, not having to worry about water on the floor. 25 gallons every other day. the 50 lighter i posted earlier in the thread only took a hour....

brettweir

Great setup you have there! I used to hand-water my plants too but it quickly became a pain in the ass as I'm not at home every night of the week. I ended up buying a pond pump from Canadian Tire and just hooked up a simple drip system. Works wonders!

Also, what's your beef with purple weed? Not a fan of the colour?

KrunchBubble,
Sorry if you mentioned it in one of your other threads and I missed it but how exactly do you hand water? Do you use some kind of tank/pump with a wand, gallon jugs, hose from the sink?
Also about how many hours do you spend at the garden working per week? Thanks for taking the time to post and as always the time to answer our questions. There are alot of people who love to post but you are very gracious for answering so many questions from your fans:bow:.

Great setup you have there! I used to hand-water my plants too but it quickly became a pain in the ass as I'm not at home every night of the week. I ended up buying a pond pump from Canadian Tire and just hooked up a simple drip system. Works wonders!

Brett,
It definately is a pain in the ass if you can't be there every day. Mine dry up within 24 hours and if I skipped a day they'd be looking pretty sad. I agree someone who can't be at the grow every day or at the very least every other day it would be wise to use some sort of drip system.

blackone

Veteran
Subscribed here, looks promising :) How large were your SPG when you put them on 12/12? Did you veg in those 3 gallon containers too?

krunchbubble

Veteran
brettweir - i run drip systems in my other spots. this way works for here. my beef with purple is its way over hyped because of color. i grow purple, have purplebubblegum and magic merlin, didnt take 1 hit of the 2+ lb's yielded off of it. notice how the most elite and best pot in the world is always green?

theroadwarrior - 25 gallon rubbermaid with a little giant. 25 ft of hose and a wand. maybe 2 hours a week. appreciate it bro!

blackone - welcome! they were 16"-18" tall. vegged in 4" pots till 8" tall, switched to the 3 gallons till 16"-18" tall and flipped.

C

cyberwax

woah, nice setup, tho in my mind it seems like your doing alot of unnecessary work(watering, etc :p ) but either way im gonna pull up a chair aswell :p

Expected yield?

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I just wanted to pay my respects. I like the various setups and styles.

Also I appreciate how much effort it takes to stay focused and put in the energy to get all this done. It's day in and out i'm sure.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing.