What's new

Dutch Police Seal off Neighbourhood in Hunt for Growers

opt1c

Veteran
Police seal off neighbourhood in drugs hunt

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Police sealed off an area of some 140 houses in the Limburg town of Hoensbroek near Heerlen on Tuesday in a major hunt for marijuana plantations.

By mid-afternoon, 13 people had been arrested and 13 plantations had been found, Nos tv reported. The action involved over 200 police officers, including 75 riot police. Dogs and a helicopter were also involved in the search.

Police moved in at 7.45am, placing the Kastelenbuurt neighbourhood under emergency rule and only allowing people to leave their homes if they had to go to work or take children to school.

At least 35 homes were searched.

News agency Novum said the search had been prompted by a 'bizarre' surge in electricity usage in the neighbourhood since the summer - usually connected to wide-scale indoor marijuana growing.

The national crime hotline had also received several tip-offs about illegal activity in the area, Novum said.
:fsu:

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/10/police_seal_off_neighbourhood.php

Last edited by a moderator:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
wow the dutch are allowed to just seal off area's and search EVERYONE's home? wtf is wrong with the world

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It can be a very nosy place..... & People in The Netherlands do not hesitate to call the local constabulary for even minute matters... Growing over there is sketchy business, with real consequences, fer shure...!!

slappyjack

What a nightmare. The Dutch are regressing and that's very sad.

I did get a laugh at the word "plantations" though.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
I thought the Dutch were "tolerant" on soft drugs? This sounds like something that would happen in the good old USA (except for the illegal searches and everything).

Grendelkhan

Its stuff like this that is the reason that Spain is number 1 in europe for weed. All spain has to do now is start running cafe's and the dutch will have what they want. No Weed.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Its stuff like this that is the reason that Spain is number 1 in europe for weed. All spain has to do now is start running cafe's and the dutch will have what they want. No Weed.

Sounds crazy.

Many people have the impression that everything is cool in Holland, which is very much not the case.

I agree Spain may be the future.

dubite

Hoensbroek is very close to where I live.. Seems like the south is getting more and more anti cannabis due to the drug tourism...

Megas

Cafe's are good but bring unwanted attention and pressure. Sometimes if a good things goin keep it as such otherwise it turns into this.

Skip

Veteran
Just think how ironic this is! The Dutch have prospered & made fortunes mostly by pushing addictive, unhealthy vices like chocolate, coffee, opium, tobacco, prostitution and pharmaceuticals for the past 500 years.

Now all of a sudden, it's politically incorrect to be involved in the vice trade.

THE DUTCH ARE HYPOCRITES! Their country will soon lose all their cannabiz... to Spain, Mexico, and California!!!

And meanwhile, Latin America continues on the road to decriminalization and legalization.

Shall we boycott Holland to protest this? Let's see how they like losing their cannbiz tourism.

Gypsy, let's have the next 420 in California!

That really is fucked up, nothing like a few thousand ill-mannered drug tourists to turn things downhill.
Yeah, like THAT's the problem. NOT!

I guess having TENS OF THOUSANDS of ill-mannered and VIOLENT drunken Brits roaming the streets of A'dam every weekend is preferrable for the Dutch, cause they're drinking Heineken, while trying desperately to get it up for the prostitutes and that makes everything just LEKKER for the Dutch...

BTW, when was the LAST TIME whole neighborhoods got sealed off and searched in Holland?

Did you learn NOTHING from the Nazi experience? Balkenende = NAZI!

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
ah yes Payaso. Forgot to mention the SLAVE TRADE. Anything for a Florin, eh? Guilder? Oh that's right, Euro!

Let also remember how COLD A'dam is, esp. this time of year.

The people are pretty cold too, all year round...

BOYCOTT the HT Cannabis Cup!
BOYCOTT Heineken!

If you want I can list dozens of Dutch companies to boycott...

You know what? A BIG boycott of Heineken on a world-wide level would certainly get the attention of the Dutch power brokers.

Here's the slogan: WE WANT CANNABIS not HEINEKEN!

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Dang..... I feel sorry for everyone living in that neighborhood. Sucks to have your privacy invaded...... and over a plant. I have such a hard time understanding why so many people are so against it.

Latest posts

Latest posts