What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000W Soil & Hydro(dwc) (OPIUM-EUFORIA-S.A.G.E-DELAHAZE-S.A.D-BRAINSTORM-CRITICAL+)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1000W Soil & Hydro(dwc) (OPIUM-EUFORIA-S.A.G.E-DELAHAZE-S.A.D-BRAINSTORM-CRITICAL+)

Let's begin this 3d!
I'm actually growing 17 plants (14 in soil and 3 in hydro)
Genetics are:

5 opium by paradise seeds

4 euforia by dutch passion

3 S.A.G.E. by TH seeds

2 delahaze by paradise seeds

1 brainstorm by dutch passion

1 critical + by dinafem

1 S.A.D. by sweet seeds

1 delahaze,1 sage and 1 brainstorm are in hydroponic setup,DWC as you can see.95 lt rez,2 air pumps with four airstones,and also a water pump for the drippes.
Dutch formula as main nutrient.ph of tap water is 7,8.Ec is 0,2mS.Ph of water in the rez is 5.5. EC is 0,7 mS.I use both nitric acid for vegetative and phosforic acid for flowering.
Temperature of the water is on 22°C but it will decrease soon...fall is almost here!
Brainstorm is the last born so it's a little smaller.The others are 10 days old or about.
I'll use co2 tabs to give extra supplement in the rez.
I'll use bloombastic and a bloom stimulator from atami.
That's all!

The rest of the babies are in 1 lt vases now waiting to transplant them soon.
4 of them are already in 16 lt vases but half for each plant,so 8 lt to everyone.
Soil is a mix of ATAMI,PLAGRON and another one I buyed near my home,with coco fiber and hydrokkorrels added.
I'll use Atami nutrients A+B,pk13-14,bloom stimulator,bloombastic.
I give water with ph of 5.8 - 6.EC for now 0,7 mS.

I use for now 1 400w MH lamp.....I also have one 400W hps lamp and two 125W CLF lamps,and other CLF if needed!so Light souldn't be an issue!
extractor is quite potent,360 m3\h.15 on every hour.
Someone knows wich strain I must keep an eye on?on wich of these I should expect much stretch?how reacting to top\fim or LST?espacially the sativa strain like delahaze or sage?
Thanks for looking,have a nice life to all,see ya folks!
As always any suggestion or opinion is more than welcome.

transplant

The 2 airpumps

Here is a fan pushes air inside the cooltube when the RVK is off,so I reduce the energy consuption and a lot of noise...and most important there is alwais an air flow help to reduce temp so the lamps will work at correct temperature!

Here are my hydro and soil stuff

And now a moment of relax!

Last edited:

Shadino

Shadow Member
Veteran
Ok...i'm impressed!!:yeahthats
Wonderful strains...i love deeply Paradise...100% germ..wonderful genetics...

I have to take a chair...really good setup :D

Can't wait to see this grow in bloom!!:woohoo:

Tagger + Reputation to you mate!!

Shade

Edit:You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to noreason again.

Suaman

Special Member
ICMag Donor
Wow noreason.....very good!!

Nice setup and good selection of genetic....I will follow with interest your 3d and for the time, I just to give you a big big good luck.....

Subscribed bro :yeahthats

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
hoi hoi!
so many wonderful genetics.....SAGE has been my first love when I was in A'dam! I'll cross the finger for you! good luck

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks to all my friends.....I'l try to do my best!

Here are some news.
Today I put all plants in 16lt pots.
I changed the MH lamp with an HPS because,as you can see in the pics,HPS give more more lumen than an MH.It's a bit strange.I know MH gives less lumen than an HPS but it's almost half!!!:yoinks:
I think there is something wrong with the lamp.....maybe a construction defect or maybe in the lasts days the lamp has become very hot because air extractor worked on steps of 15min ON and 15 min OFF and I noticed when the air-ext. was off such a light flicker,certainly due to heat!so it's possible it was damaged by overheating!
however I'll continue with this HPS lamp for the rest of their life!MH rest in peace:wallbash:

Plants are growing fine,no problems!
The biggest plant in hydro sistem,the SAGE has started to put out roots in the tank!Fine:)
PH appared to be a little problematic in the first days,now it seems to have stabilized,great:)
Ok here are some pics,enjoy and thanks for looking!

DWC

Here the comparison beetween MH & HPS.Done without moving lux-meter!

MH

HPS

various temps(ambiental,under the lamp,and water temp in the hydro system)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are great views of plant rooting!I notice SAD rooted very well!I'm feeling like a photoreporter doing this!:joint:do you think I take too many pics?:noway:

That's all amigos,I leave you with an aphorism:''The wait attenuates mediocre passion and increases great ones.'' You know what I mean ehhhhhh:nanana::nanana::nanana:

Suaman

Special Member
ICMag Donor
Shit! There is a lot of difference of lumen between a MH and an HPS....I thought less.....anyway, thank you for have done this test and for showing us your results :yes:

Plants in good health bro.....

Big up :yeahthats

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Suaman,anyway I think that lamp was fault...I don't think there is so much lumen differences between Mh & HPS.
Temps are going down in this days,17° in the dark period.
Hydro is taking advantage on soil,plants are bigger.Their roots are come down in the tank very fast!
Plants in soil stopped growing for 2 days,just a little shock when I put them in bigger pots even the sudden temps.I think!
Some of them started to show some signs of an apparent calcium deficiency,I didn't see more of them from the transplant.
I sprayed them with a solution of N,with other micro-elements and feed them with Canna rhyzotonic...never tried before but I admit the day after the plants was healtier.Nice

Some pics

I bought a semi-professional pH meter and finally I resolved my troubles with cheap pH-meter.They really don't do their work,and now I know!My advice is to stay away from these kind of meter,with manual adjustement at 1 point...it's better to use liquid ph test!believe me,I bought 2 of these meters!
The new:

and these are the cheap meter I mean

and now a big outdoor joint for my relax

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some plants,both in hydro and soil show a strange curling on the edges of the leaves...someone know something about this?
Is it possible low humydity is the cause?is it any deficiency?any advices?

Shadino

Shadow Member
Veteran
Bro..IMO..
the heat is the cause...but low humydity is the real problem...if u are able to improve humydity...heat will no longer be a trouble!

Go go noreason!! Really good grow will became soon a great bush!!

Shade

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for reply bros...
Today I try to raise humidity as high as I can...
I don't think heat is a problem,20-23° in the growroom,25-27° under the lamp and putting my hand on the top of the plant nearest to the lamp I don't feel it hot!
I'm starting to think is a problem with low RH...in these past days,as you Italians may know,there was a strong dry wind...that lowered my RH near to 0%...
Just my little humidifier is not enough for the whole growroom...I should go over this trouble...and I'll try!
Soon some news.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
21 days 18\6

here I am again...I'm actually fight with low humidity in my growroom.
I have to spray as much as I can in the growr. to increase RH because I don't want to buy another humidifier(70€)...
The strange curl on the leaves seems to be due to low Rh because it seems to attenuate when I rise the lights and rise humidity in the air.
Ph tester was a bad purchase...the only way to use it,is to calibrate,do your stuff with it, disassemble the sensor and the next time I'll use it I will calibrate it again!believe me,it's the only way to have a real pH value.I must remove the sensor every time because sometimes it doesn't want to autocalibrate,and it hasn't manual adjustement!
Take this in mind if you will buy a pH meter!

I think other two weeks of 18\6 and then I'll switch to 12\12.
SAGE and Delahaze in hydro are getting fatter very fast,bushy and sturdy.
Brainstorm is start to grow nice in these lasts days,when the roots starts to come down in the reservoir.
Ec is 0,7
pH between 5.0-6.0
togheder

SAGE on the left SAGE Delahaze

SAGE (back) SAGE and dela. roots Brainstorm roots

Critical + is the biggest plant in soil at this moment.....very large fan-leaves
Euforia is the most vigorous strain,it grows fast and strong,really no problem,react very well to LST!I love this skunky strain.Dutch passion did a great job!
Other plants goes nice,somewhere a little def. signes but nothing to worry about!I guess!

whole growroom

OPIUM

OPIUM

EUFORIA on the left OPIUM on the right

EUFORIA Euforia after fim

Euforia Euforia fim

critical+

Delahaze something strange in this leaf

SAGE

EUFORIA on the left SAGE on the right

SAD

Any comment,advice,tip n' trick is appreciate

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
28 days 18\6

Some new pics for you folks,plants are getting bigger...few days more and I'll put them at 12\12.
I notice a kind of deficency...I'm not sure of what but I feed them by leaves a mix of micro-elements,Dutch formula micro,the same I use in hydro and they seem to getting better...so if no more trouble will come in these next days,max 1 week and I'll start 12\12.

Opium is not so fast genetic,I see it growing too slow than the others.
Critical + and delahaze are very strong and fast.Euforia is nice,growing quite fast and strong,very nice response to LST.

In hydro I had to put a net to do a scrog because they are getting bigger everyday,but the small brainstorm is too little...so I decided to do this because i can keep the lamp quite low for everyone.
They are eating nutes very fast...I'm on 0,9 mS now,but I stopped on this value for now because the little brainstorm...I don't want to burn it!
Temps are nice,humidity is a little trouble again...one humidifier broken!so I don't know if I can do the same without...maybe yes,or maybe not...I'll see then.

What are you thinking about?Gimme any advice as ever,it's welcome any comment bros.
And now some pics:

SOIL

Soil togheder

Dinafem critical +____ SAGE not LSTed_____ Fimming

_________OPIUM (with def.)______________OPIUM (without def)

wich def. here?

EUFORIA___________DELAHAZE (with def.)

HYDRO

Roots getting bigger every day____________brainstorm roots

notice how small is brainstorm than the sisters

Brainstorm__________SAGE(see that strange curl,what the fuck is due to?)

SAGE______________DELAHAZE__________BRAINSTORM

a strange Delahaze leaf_____SAGE on the left DELA on the right
_____

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 day 12\12

Today I switched to 12\12 because I can't train plants anymore consider stretching especially the ladies in hydro.Can't wait 1 more week.

Everythings ok but some signes on the leaves here and there!
On the Brainstorm's leaves appeared some brown spot on the edges...I was thinking it'a salts damage(because it's smaller than the other two in hydro setup with the same reservoir)...or maybe a deficienfy?calcium?manganese?.If someone knows it please share with me.

In soil instead some leaves curl down with a claws look...don't know why!
I can say it's not a very good idea to grow all this genetics togheder...it's quite annoying to manage.

Now some pics......and hey,if you want to give me some tips they will be very appreciate!

These are the brown spoton the brainstorm(EC is 0,9mS)...what do you think?

white spots on the same plant

Brainstorm is the one on the left,the smaller

Look at the big fan leaves lower on the right?what causes this claws look?

Last edited:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking it's no a salt damage caused by too many nutes inside the rez.
It probably is a starting calcium deficiency because the last time I changed the water in the tank,10 days had elapsed,and I don't know how many Ca my Dutch formula nutes have inside.
If it's as I'm saying I should solve this easily...just change water moro often.

If anybody has something to say...feel free to do:wave: