What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to get Free Nutrients!!!

tokinblackguy

First off, I can't take credit for this. I came upon this idea while on another forum and thought that I would share it with my IC family. I don't know if something like this has been posted before, but if not, I'm sure some folks would greatly appreciate it.

OK, basically, the idea is to get nutrient manufacturers to send you samples of their products for FREE, that's right zilch, nada. With competition being so tight these days, some companies are standing behind their products by sending customers samples. While I haven't received anything from any company yet, I have gotten confirmation from 2 companies that they are sending me something in the next week or so:woohoo:

I haven't found it necessary to embellish on the truth to get some companies to send you something, in fact, it's probably better to just be honest(not about what you grow) about how you grow and ask what they have that can possibly help. It also doesn't hurt to just flat ask if they send samples. I emailed with how I grow(soil, organic, containers) and the next day I had replies from 2 companies out of the 5 or so I emailed.

This is a great way to experiment with different nutes than what you're currently running and also gives you the chance to try new offerings from companies you are already familiar with. I'll even help you guys out by giving the 2 companies that have been nice enough to send me some goodies. Remember, be polite, be honest, and ask a couple questions in your email so that they don't look so generic. If you don't get anything, don't sweat it, all you wasted was 2 or 3 minutes sending an email.

Bio-Bizz http://www.thebiobuzz.com/
actually has a form to request their sample pack

GH Nutrients http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/contact_us.html
charges $10-20 for shipping, but from what i hear, it is definitely worth it:yoinks:

better hurry guys before the influx of IC'ers causes them to rethink this. I will post pics of everything I receive once they arrive and I encourage everyone to do so also. If I hear from anyone else, I will post here as well.

tokin

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks for the tip TBG, I've received samples from companies in the past as well, but I've smoked a few kilos of herb since then so I can't remember who. MOst of em want you to try their products!

I'd avoid Fox Farms though, since there was a thread on how they pulled their products from a hydro shop when they learned it MIGHT be used for growing MMJ. Not cool at all.

MrGreen

Did anybody else think this was going to be a urine fertilizer post before they opened it?

Compost toilets ftw!!

BillFarthing

Veteran
Am I the only one who feels this post is really scammy and is taking advantage of these company's good will? There's a reason these nutrients are $30 a bottle. As a Capitalist, I really don't like the "moocher" tone of this thread.

tokinblackguy

Am I the only one who feels this post is really scammy and is taking advantage of these company's good will? There's a reason these nutrients are $30 a bottle. As a Capitalist, I really don't like the "moocher" tone of this thread.

sorry you feel that way, but both these companies send "free samples" with no problems. i also stated in my post to be honest and actually ask if they do send samples to try out. how you read "scam" into that is beyond me.

this is the reply i got from GH

Hello,
We would be glad to send you some samples. All we ask is that you pay for the shipping. We accept VISA or Master Card and the shipping will be about $20.00 depending on where you are located. Give us a call at 800-374-9376 and we will take care of you.
Thanks,
Jesse Pennington
GH

and the reply from Bio-Bizz

My name is Jacob Walter I am the machine behind the scene for Bio-Bizz-NA as I like to say, I would like to thank you for visiting our website and taking advantage of free sample request. I will have this package leave today you should be seeing this in the next couple of days. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or inquires, I would be happy to help, please do keep in contact with me on how you like our nutrients and any feed back that you can give. We pride our selves on being very helpful to our users and open to new and creative ideas from everyone, PLEASE enjoy your samples and let me know what you think when you test them, THANKS and have a good day… O yeah don’t forget “If it’s not certified… It’s not organic”

Best Regards:

Jacob P. Walter

GM

i guess i'm scamming the chinese people too when i sample those little chicken teriyaki tidbits that they clearly offer.

Nortin

Hey I think its a good idea if your hurtin for cash and tryin to get by. I wouldnt say this is a mooch type situation just because these companies have the final decision whether or not they send out these samps. its basically a loop hole you take advantage of and why not if u dont someone else will thats just the way. Im not saying its right or wrong I dont feel thats mine or anyone elses place in life to do so, my perceptions of right and wrong are going to differ from others and visa versa. Also in closing I would like to discuss loopholes, they exist in every level of our society, our government uses them to pump us every chance they get. Rich people in our society use them to step on the little guys heads to get what they want and take advantage or our system. Karma will show the error's of thier ways, but in my opinion we the litttle freedom fighters sometimes need to guerilla up to survive and if that means using the system to our advantage......well its war and war is hell sometimes. Peace

WeedChuck

wil the samples get you through a complete grow cycle either veg or flower. If not how do you really get a feel of how good the stuff works?

This is the kind of company I would buy from based on the fact they are willing to stand behind their product. I buy stuff from companies with good coustomer service and would be glad to pay knowing they would also be glad to send it to me for free. Who else feels the same?

tokinblackguy

wil the samples get you through a complete grow cycle either veg or flower. If not how do you really get a feel of how good the stuff works?

depends WC, i don't think you'll get enough to support a mega grow op or anything, but i think you would be good with maybe 2-4 plants. from what i've seen, the GH sample pack is NICE!

MrGreen

This is the kind of company I would buy from based on the fact they are willing to stand behind their product. I buy stuff from companies with good coustomer service and would be glad to pay knowing they would also be glad to send it to me for free. Who else feels the same?

That is a very good point. The power of a guarantee.

Of course, as Tommy Boy would say:

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure on the whole bio-buzz site ( where did you find that site? ) . but I like the dr. seuss quotes..

WeedChuck

depends WC, i don't think you'll get enough to support a mega grow op or anything, but i think you would be good with maybe 2-4 plants. from what i've seen, the GH sample pack is NICE!

Thanks, was thinking about flowering a clone that ive been feeding PBP with on other grows. As long as its enough for one plant id be satisfied.

tokinblackguy

not sure on the whole bio-buzz site ( where did you find that site? ) . but I like the dr. seuss quotes..

in the reply to my original email that i got from them.

first response from Bio- Bizz

First of all let’s have a short look over your soilmixture: worm castings are always the bomb to have in your soil. Wormcastings have nice effect on the nutrients you add, they make sure all available nutrients are slow released over an extended period of time. We use it in our two soil mixtures as well!

We would advise you to try out our lightmix schedule on your potting mix, and see how it turns out.. For sure the Alg-a-Mic will blow your mind! I don’t think there is any sample of it around in the USA, but you can apply for other samples at www.thebiobuzz.com if you like. We have added a growschedule and a small pamphlet on Alg-a-mic to try and impress you J

Greetingzz from the flatlands of Holland,

BioBizz Worldwide Organics

(t) +31 (0) 505 414 650

(f) +31 (0) 505 425 223

(e) info@biobizz.com

(w) www.biobizz.com

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
more "moocher" tone

more "moocher" tone

SAMPLE - NOT FOR RESALE.

This is just one sample kit - Floranova and supplements. It cost about $17 to ship from cali to the east coast.

I told the rep I'm a long time flora user. A friend recommends Floranova. How about a sample? Sure, all I have to pay is shipping. Nothing mooch about it. If I like this stuff, I'll BUY more. Perfect example of capitalism, IMO.:nanana:

If you make it, they will come. If you charge too much, they may go to WalMart. You may have to give a little away before you can sell at high prices. It's the American way, especially these days.

picture.php

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Did anybody else think this was going to be a urine fertilizer post before they opened it?

Compost toilets ftw!!

i did...

free samples are all over the place for all types of products..with so much competition for the same type of products ...im sure a company is more than happy to give a sample to gain some extra word of mouth advertising and return business for a product now tested rather than the other products yet to be tryed by the potential buyer thats sceptical to hand over there cash...

"taking advantage of these company's good will?" ?? there the ones producing special packs in some cases to distribute for free samples and make offers for ppl to except .... cant see the problem ? .HH. =]-~

quadracer

Why not go to the organics forum and learn how to make your own? I don't need to rely on some company to feed my plants when I can do it myself. :joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I probably wouldn't buy compost tea or molasses in a bottle. Since they wanted to send it, I'll give it a try.

Self reliance is a virtue. Indoor organics just stinks.

tokinblackguy

Why not go to the organics forum and learn how to make your own? I don't need to rely on some company to feed my plants when I can do it myself. :joint:

well quad, i only stated what i used and what i asked for. i'm sure they send hydro samples as well for those that use it. i'm sorry that i am not as advanced as you are, but i am learning. in fact, most of the links in your sig i already incorporate in my own garden. when the day comes that i become a zen gardener such as yourself, i can stop relying on the big nute companies.

on a lighter note though, what kind of quad you ride?