What's new

CPR Micro Cloner

grouchy

I would like to share my "Cannabis Plant Replicator" Micro Cloner.

I borrowed ideas from other perlite cloners and in no way invented anything new or unheard of. I just created something that worked well for my needs.

All you have to do to make your own is cut a 20oz bottle in half, make a slit on the top so that it will slide down over the bottom, and then fill the bottom with perlite.

Then just take your cutting from the mother, dip in rooting powder and stick it down into the perlite. Fill the bottle to just under the stem of your cutting with distilled water and carefully put the top back on.

Once the top is slipped back over the bottom you can take the lid off of your bottle and give it a couple breathes of co2 rich, humid air from your lungs.

This was my first shot at cloning and after a week and two days this is what I ended up with.

It may not work for everyone but with a very small footprint and no air pump making noise it works very well for me. If you need more than one clone at a time than just make a couple bottles.

Let me know what you guys think.

basscadet

Nice work grouchy, I had a similar idea and it's good to see it works so fast!

Do you then put the clone in soil or hydro/ aero after roots show?

grouchy

I was planning on putting it into soil. Haven't got that far yet. Any tips on transplanting. Should I wait a little longer or go ahead and stick it in the dirt?

very nice i want 2 clone these babies i have right now and will def use this method. will gel work or is powder the way 2 go

basscadet

I was planning on putting it into soil. Haven't got that far yet. Any tips on transplanting. Should I wait a little longer or go ahead and stick it in the dirt?

I say go ahead now, the clones will be doing the same thing now whether you put them in the cloner or put them into soil, ie growing roots and vegging.

Just remember to give them a similar environment and slowly open them up to the oxygen. Keep in mind they have been inside a humidity dome for a while and they're not used to life without. Maybe cover the soil pot with sarin wrap with some holes and gradually increase the size of the holes as they grow.

GL you've done well to get clones to root in a week and a day. My first attempt had roots in 2 weeks.

grouchy

I stuck it into some soil and put the top of the 20oz over it. After a day or two I will take the cap off of the bottle and let it adjust to the lower humidity.

How soon can I stick the clone into flower?

grouchy

Good luck with your first go round. Be careful though, because growing is very addictive. Let me know if it works well for you.

cloudy01

Leave the clones in the perlite and go hempy! Its a passive hydro system. Check it out...its super easy and once the roots hit the reservoir the plant takes off. Just a little plug for my personal grow method haha. Peace.

grouchy

I took the clone from the mom right after she showed sex. The clone never really went back to vegging after she got roots. I don't know if this was a bad move but I stuck the clone back into the flower room this morning and it looks like it is doing well so far. I don't have room for huge plants and I just wanted to try my hand at cloning so I figure as long as it lives I succeeded. I hope this idea encourages those that think cloning is too complicated to at least give it a shot.

I stuck it into some soil and put the top of the 20oz over it. After a day or two I will take the cap off of the bottle and let it adjust to the lower humidity.

How soon can I stick the clone into flower?

When the clone has new growth of a foot tall, it is ready to flower but you can always let clones grow bigger for larger yields.

H

hukkahtokes

I like the little cloner. Just the right size for my set up. I'm going to give it a go as soon as my plants in veg are big enough to take clones from.

j6p

That's a great idea for making quick domed cloners to protect the cuttings. And the clone bottles could very easily be transplanted to hempy buckets by simply cutting the bottoms from the bottles, then placing the bottles containing the clones on top of the new hempy buckets' perlite/vermiculite surface. Water daily until the roots reach the reservoir of their new home. Then the plants take will off. Another hempy plug, LOL.

31518LUI3-thumb.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts