What's new

Using urine as nuits

G

How many IC members have used urine to bump up the N in ther plants.. below are some links to check out... please post any good urine nuit formulas..

http://www.liquidgoldbook.com/
http://www.sustainablesonoma.org/calendar/eventdetails.php?eventId=625

"Manure with urine (for instance, if it is collected in a lined slurry-pit) contains more nitrogen than manure without urine. But the nitrogen in urine is lost easily. Cover the slurry-pit to prevent this (see the sections on Zero-grazing and Urine–manure slurry as fertilizer)."

http://www.iirr.org/saem/page124-130.htm

It will work

It will work

Sure use your urine. It is actually alittle too hot for plants maybe not old ones but I wouldn't bet the farm. Composting the urine with some cow crap would be better but I doubt you have a storage unit for such. Actually, the slurry has had some degradation and heavy dilution so it would not be as hot if it were "fresh".
NoS

SuperToker

You might as well go get a 5 gallon jug of crappy gh 3 part and pour that on your plants at full strength. urine has much to salt, and the level of nitrogen is extremely inconsistent.

G

Big.....you feed them shit don't you, why not PP...... pissed on or shit on whats the diff........

ST...... did you actually check the PPM of the PP....... lmao.....ppm for pp....lmao...PP's ec....lmao.

the best way to actually use the PP is to mix it in a tea with bat shit.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Organic Hydro...yep the right forum for this... :bigeye:

Keep a bucket in the bathroom or grow to collect...mix and bubble...hmmm. Might work...depends on what you consume...Do ya eat a bunch of salad first. Fuk it, I'm spendin the 5 bucks instead...of course there is folier feeding. I'll just buy the poop(guano) and piss(urea) that comes in the bottle. That's the next thread..."Use your own guano and save big $$$" :pointlaug

:fsu:

G

Bigmone357 said:
ROFLMAO :biglaugh: How would u feel if someone pissed on u? Plants have feelings too :biglaugh: :petting: :pointlaug .Later Guys BM357 :wave:

^^^hehehe plants have feelings and im sure they wouldnt like to be pissed on hahaha nice one BigMo im having a chuckle at that one mate :joint:

You know articles may say piss is ok but i just couldnt bring myself to piss on my plants...or smoke it after :yoinks: :biglaugh: :confused:

G

Human urine as fertilizer is a bad idea when so many cheap and consistent sources of urea based ferts are available. Yeah, it'll work, but how many of you have a place to keep a smelly ass gallon of piss laying around for a month?

What the links don't tell you:

Urine has to be cured in order to work on plants. This means you have to keep a large container of piss around that you pee in often in order to mitigate the wide disparity between chemical makeup per piss. Your urine content is widely variable. You only need to look at the stream to know this. Bright yellow, clear, dark yellow, it comes is all flavors, but not at once. Some of the factors that effect urine makeup include, food consumed, liquid consumed and amount, how much you sweat, the metabolism you have, frequency of urination, your personal health (infections), etc. Just pouring the random piss into the feedwater would deliver an unknown dose of.....something to your plants. Whereas a dose of $2 a bottle Schultz or Miracle Grow 2-1-1 feritilizer is almost always going to be a dose of 2-1-1 fertilizer. You decide which will be better for your plants.

From what I understand, human feces should not be used as fertilizer in any case.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Excuse me..I have to go see a plant about a horse..

I agree with Cap...even if it works, the time, effort, processing hassles and variables, and yuk factor, just don't make it worth it...I don't think you would be doing anything better for your plants...most likely the opposite...than even the cheapest product fert available.

JetUsUp

wow... i dont know how much my girlfriend would like it if she walked into my room and saw me taking a leak on my plants.
:bat: i bet i would get just that...

Octagoner

I know of a grower that did a worm bin of some special kind of worms (don't know what type) and his own shit, and he was camping out with his project which apparently did pretty good outside last year.

Latest posts

Latest posts