What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruit!!!!

AndreNicky

Who else has a deep passionate love for fruit? Fruit is not only the best tasting food available bar none but it also happens to be one of the healthiest foods!

I've recently decided to eat nothing but fruit and it has been one of the most profound life changing experiences I've ever had.

Some of the benefits I've noticed with only eating fruit: I don't drink water! This is one of the main reasons I decided to eat only fruit, I no longer have to poison my body with inferior plastic laden water.

I have more energy than i have ever had in my life! Seriously I have never felt like this, its like i have electricity shooting thru every vain in my body, I feel so energized.

I get every single essential nutrient in perfect proportions. Eating a balanced diet of different varieties of fruit enables me to meet every single RDA requirement and not only that but my calorie ratio typically breaks down too 80% carbs, 10% fat and 5-7% protein which just so happens to be the perfect ratio for your body to run optimally.

These are just a few of the amazing benefits i have received from an all fruit diet, there are plenty of more :rasta:. Before you go out and decide to start eating fruit like a mad man heres some tips;

Don't ever eat unripe fruit ever! Unripe fruit can severely damage your teeth

Try to buy only local, fresh fruit. I don't buy any of my fruit from the store, it all comes local from the farmers market. Not only do i know the people who grow my food and how they run there farm but the fruit also taste a 100 times better.

Avoid seedless hybrids. Bananas, pineapple, seedless oranges, grapes, watermelons etc. Seedless fruit is always inferior to seeded

Now that you have all these tips heres some awesome fruit to look out for:

Figs, the king of fruit imo. Nothing compares to the taste of a fresh or properly sun dried fig. They also happen to be one of the most nutrient loaded fruits

Melons, nothing like a nice juicy melon on a hot day. Some of my favorite varietes include but are not limited too, Sugarqueen, Casaba, Butterscotch, Muskmelon, Gala, Orange flesh honeydew, Watermelon. An awesome tip for melons that i've found helps me, always pick the smallest heaviest melon you can find. These usually taste the best

Oranges, So juicy and delicious. Oranges are another one of my big favorites, no soda, fruit drink or any other bullshit can even come close to the taste of a nice big glass of fresh squeezed OJ. They also make great snacking food for on the go

Cannabis, Yup its a fruit. If your reading this you probably already know the awesome benefits of cannabis but did you know that the bud is one of the most nutritious fruits on the earth? It is highly alkalizing, contains all 8 essential carbs but none of the non-essentials and is packed with nutrients(very high in silica)

So who else loves fruit? What are some of your favorite fruits and varieties? Got any tips? Does anyone else live on primarily fruit?

Feel free to share anything fruit related in this thread, I'm especially interested in peoples tips for picking ripe fruit.

We eat a lot of fruit on the Island, Coconuts, bananas, and pineapple too. Our only concern was with the lack of protein. Thanks to the professor we worked out a plan to insure we were all getting what we need to stay strong and healthy so we can tend to our garden.

Eat your fruit, toss in some greens and beans and carry on!

AndreNicky

Our only concern was with the lack of protein. Thanks to the professor we worked out a plan to insure we were all getting what we need to stay strong and healthy so we can tend to our garden.

This seems to be a concern for a lot of people, what most people don't realize is you actually don't need that much protein to stay strong/healthy and so long as you eat proficient quantities fruit will provide you with all your protein. I had the same fears thanks to conditioning but then I found almost every single fruit on earth contains all 20 essential amino acids.

For anyone interested Dr. T. Colin Campbell did a study with rats and it found that at 5% protein intake the rats experienced no disease or illness but when he ramped it up to 20% the rats all got cancer, diabetes and arthritis!

ddrew

Veteran
Protein is the building block of muscle and without it it can be hard to promote lean tissue synthesis. Toss a little soy in there to cover the protein and it sounds good to me.
I love OJ, I drink a liter a day of the Tropicana pure premium OJ, I buy cases of the gallon jugs at Sams club.

L

levant

Thats great!
I agree with your advice on eating locally produced fruit, makes me wish I lived In India so I could eat fresh mangoes.

My favourite fruit without question are banana, mango, and watermelon, in no order.

The watermelons with seeds almost always taste better than the seedless ones, same with grapes.

I may try eating just fruit for a day or 2 but doubt I could do it for long I bet I would loose weight dont want that being a skinny guy and all lol.

Is cannabis a fruit? I thought it was a herb, what makes it a fruit?

ps - I forgot dates! I love them.

B

BURNING SKY

Bushes of fruit in DWC. berries and so on either way any fruit is better and healthier than any store bought candy .

AndreNicky

Is cannabis a fruit? I thought it was a herb, what makes it a fruit?

ps - I forgot dates! I love them.

Not too sure if its classified as an herb but I'm fairly certain the Buds can be classified as fruits. Bananas are the biggest herb in the world, little known fact

Can't believe i forgot dates! Natures ultimate candy

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
I make fresh smoothies just about everyday. Pineapples, bananas, kiwis, strawberries, some all natural OJ, and some ice. Yeahhh dude.

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I personally do need quite a bit of protein intake. I tend to get it from things like legumes & nuts, but I still need it. When I don't get it I start losing muscle mass and my fatigue level goes up quite a bit. Fruits great, and I'm sure plenty of people could live on it, outside of things like b12, but it's not for me.

ddrew

Veteran
Supplement that Protein
Put a scoop or 2 of this in your fruit smoothie each day and you wil be all set.

Attachments

• EAS-powder-chocolate.jpg
    EAS-powder-chocolate.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14

Kizzattack

I love OJ, I drink a liter a day of the Tropicana pure premium OJ

At one point I was totally addicted to that stuff. The entire Tropicana range tastes good, but I was drinking 3 litres a day of the orange juice at one point. I couldn't get enough of it.

Recently I've been using my new juicer, and the juice it produces is amazing. It tastes so much fresher than anything I've ever drank before. I usually get a couple of handfuls of grapes, and an apple or two, and just chuck it in there. The taste is unparalleled.

I've also felt much better generally. I've had so much more energy. And I swear I get higher too. The high is certainly clearer, like it was nearer to when I first started smoking.

Does anyone have any information about the nutritional value of shop bought juice (which I believe is usually pasteurized) vs. home made fresh juice? I hear there's a significant difference.

Kizzattack

Supplement that Protein
Put a scoop or 2 of this in your fruit smoothie each day and you wil be all set.

A bit off topic, but I used to get terrible headaches when I was drinking protein shakes. Literally 20 minutes after I drank the shake my head would start hurting. Do you have any idea why? Or what might cause it? It's annoying because it forced me to stop drinking them.

AndreNicky

Do you have any idea why?

Probably because you have absolutely no need for it and your bodies rejecting it.

Tropicana and any big juice maker are bullshit, pasteurized juice is just as bad as every other sugar drink out there. You need fresh squeezed, preferably from perfectly ripe organic oranges, to achieve any sort of health benefits. They pasteurize everything now a days so everything that might be healthy for you is guaranteed not to be, its complete bullshit

L

levant

Andre I agree - those protein shakes are for the most part quite unnatural, take a peak on the ingrediants, most if not all of the added vitamins are chemically derived/synthetic petroleum by-products. :fsu:

As for pasturized carton juices they are far inferior to fresh squeezed juice not so much from a nutritional standpoint but because when you pasturize/cook fruit it destroys the enzymes.
Enzymes are a reason raw food is so good for us and why it makes us feel so alive.

The same is true with milk!

Still, pasturized juice is better than other soft drinks because at least the sugar is from the fruit.

ddrew

Veteran
Ok, I won't argue the values(of which I feel there are many) of supplemental protein in your Fruit thread.
Kizz and Andre, yes, i agree that making your own fresh juice is better, much better.
My dad has one of those juice man things and he puts all kinds of stuff in it.
I especially like baby carrots and apples juiced together, taste different then I thought it would.
I'm going to look into getting my own juicer this weekend I think.
About the protein and headaches, not sure right off with info you gave, what was the brand? were you eating or drinking anything else with them? What times of day were you drinking them?

ddrew

Veteran
Pasteurization is just a mild heating to slow microbial growth in food, nothing bad, and its stripping nothing from the juice except the risk of getting sick from it basically.
But with that being said I've never known anyone who got sick from a glass of fresh squeezed OJ, and that's what I like, except I hate pulp, you should not have to chew your juice

Stacks

I really can't believe you guys think that drinking water will "poison my body with inferior plastic laden water" and that you're body does not need protein but just fruit.. You WILL eventually die with only a full diet of just fruit. Although.. you smoke marijuana. But to each their own. You probably felt great because you had been eating lots of foods high in fat, mostly shitty processed foods..

Kizzattack

I really can't believe you guys think that drinking water will "poison my body with inferior plastic laden water" and that you're body does not need protein but just fruit.

People that do not intake enough protein generally are weak, slow, and thin. Look at Ghandi for an example.

Last edited:

AndreNicky

Pasteurization is just a mild heating to slow microbial growth in food, nothing bad, and its stripping nothing from the juice except the risk of getting sick from it basically.

Wow, sorry but it doesn't just "slow microbial growth" it kills it and i would hardly call 200-400 degrees "mild heating". Pasteurization is bullshit, they don't do it too keep you from getting sick, they do it too keep you sick. No offense Ddrew but your assumptions and opinions really do nothing for anyone, all it does is hurt people.