What's new

orange spots on leaf ribs

Cindiwaa

I tried to post a pic, but there is a link below.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?maybe a week
What STRAIN are you growing? AK-47
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)Clone
What is the age of your plants?three weeks into flower
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?two months
How Tall are the plants?about thee feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?flower
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)natural
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)approx 3 gal air pots
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)FF ocean with 12 half gallon pictures of Perlite, one cup worm caseing one cup rainbow mix grow What Nutrient's are you using? mollases every other water one tablespoon per gallon
How much of each nutrient are you usingcouple tablespoon rainbow mix flower in topsoil of container couple weeks after 12/12
with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*muni aged 24 hour
How often are you feeding? If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? couple weeks
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) veg in original mix bloom bloom couple weeks into 12/12
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?dont know
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?dont know
How often are you watering?when there light to lift every couple 2-4 days

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?week ago
What size bulb are you using? 600 HPS
What is the distance to the canopy?about a foot but the effected leaves are lower one
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)30-40
What is the canopy temperature? i dont know how to measure that
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)83 high 73 low
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) i dont know its a 4 in fan cooling the light and exhausting into attic
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?exhuast on light into attic 12/12
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?nope
Is your water HARD or SOFT? dont know
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled?tap Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
Are you using water from a water softener?nope
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?nope
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? neem month ago
Are plant's infected with pest's? few nats try to control with sticky paper and preditor things

OK so on the piture you may be able to see orage developing on what I call the leaf ribs, its only on the Fan leaves, the big ones. that about it. I was wondering what to hell it was and how to avoid it in the future. Thanks in advace for any help. These are the wifes plant and she is in the Hospital recovering from an operation, it would be great to get this cleared up before she comes home but I know plants dont heal the fast
Peace
RTD

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=779260&cat=500

Attachments

• leaf orange.jpg
    leaf orange.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 10

Cindiwaa

I can post better pics later if that would help. I kinda thought this may be a common problem but maybe its worse then i thought...
RTD

Weedninja

Its hard to tell what's going on from that pic. From what I can tell from the pic, it looks like it might be pH-related, so if you can dig up a test kit or meter and get a runoff reading, that would make our job a lot easier and get you better answers.

Cindiwaa

Thanks for the help! PH going in is 6.0-6.25 going out 6.5-6.75, here is a better picture of the problem. Its not really bad but if it can be reversed or avoided in the future it would be wonderful.
Peace
RTD

Attachments

• leaf number two.jpg
    leaf number two.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
my first reaction was a calcium def.
But it is a little weird, imma go read on it.
You got a pH problem that's starting to lock out something. Your pH doesn't seem out of line, but it must be.

Weedninja

my first reaction was a calcium def.
But it is a little weird, imma go read on it.
You got a pH problem that's starting to lock out something. Your pH doesn't seem out of line, but it must be.

:yeahthats I hear you, hazy. This is a weird one.

@cyndiwaa- What you have is called veinal necrosis. That means that the leaves are being damaged in the veins. Its sort of rare and to have it happen on the old growth is even rarer.

The 2 things that come to mind are:
#1-On paper, your pH is fine, but since you're using pretty acidic water going in and its running off normal, I think the pH might be a little high. If that's the case, the problem should take care of itself as your plants use the lime in the soil.
#2-Is your molasses unsulfured?

I'm not that confident on this one and I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Cindiwaa

Grandma "unsulfered" I thik the wife might havd been giving a tbs every gal ever water but i am not sure. I know she thought she could hit it with mollasses early and since its good therapy for here I didnt do any research untill things startedd looking weird. I will try a flush. Like I said its not bad nor everywhere just kinda tripped me out. second grow and soooo much to learn. FLushing wont hurt it will it? I will let here get good and dry before the next water.
Thanks
RTD

Thesius44

I have this too!!! I grow in foxfarm happyfrog/ocean forest 50/50 and have been seeing these in my veg and flower room in different strains...i ph my own water to about 6.3 and usefoxfarm growbig for veg and big bloom/tiger bloom for flower...can't figure out what i'm doing wrong; it starts as small orangish/yellow dots which spread thru the leaves...that progresses to burning upward and back from the tip....anyone else have this problem and find a good fix?
:1help:

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 12

Weedninja

I don't know if its the cause of the spotting, but you ^^ have nute burn, and that's how I'd deal with it, if I were you. I'm posting a link to this thread in Stitch's thread, hopefully she'll have some insight on this next time she pops in.

blindeye94

hey everyone...i had the same exact problem.(hydro water farms)last grow.ran the ph around 5.3 to 5.6..(botanicare + cal mag )..at first it looked like spider mites...so i treated em and looked and looked and never saw any of them boggers...it kept spreading...never really slowed the plant per say..but eventually would destroy the leaves ..sic looking.... and they didnt seem to be frosting like they normally did(ICE from gypsy)finally figured it had to be a ph problem.bumped the ph up to 6 added some carbo blast(hollands secret) and added some EJ micro blast and the frosting exploded...now the leaves never recovered but harvest turned out good..fingers still sticky....now second run showing up again...this time master kush and PP...checked ph it was way low...ph meter out of cal..(my bad)...cal'ed meter...bumped it up to around 5.8 added the carbo and EJ micro...hopefully got on it in time...(two weeks in)...so in conclusion my 2 cents is its PH problem..probably calcium lockout...and grab some EJ micro blast as in...dont leave home without it....6.5 in organic soil works best for me...peace....B.E.

relief

Cindiwaa, it could be many things.

Could be from pesticide damage. Diuron, Norflurazon and many others.

278.jpg

It could be yellow speckle viroid.

109.jpg

110.jpg

fanleaf1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts