What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16 kW x coco

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

micro gro

Hi all! :wave:

Here's a 16-light (8-light flip/flop) coco grow that I helped design & build at a commercial location. Took 2 weeks from start to finish.

So far the main shared appliances are a 3.5 ton split A/C unit and a 100 pint Santa Fe Classic dehumidifier (may need another when room #2 kicks on). There was no space outdoors for the A/C condenser, so I took care of that with a dedicated condenser room indoors.

Each room has 10 x 16" wall-mounted oscillating fans, using Hydrofarm Radiant non-air-cooled hoods & magnetic ballasts running EYE's. Ballasts mounted on ceilings.

There is a dedicated reservoir room housing (3) 275-gallon water totes, each housing (4) 1000gph submersible pumps to feed drip lines. A Hydrologic Big Boy handles the de-chlor.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nice! Sealed room or no CO2? Just A/C for ventilation? What nutes, strains, odor control, etc...

I just set up my own 8KW coco grow, writeup in the coco forums...

M

micro gro

Oh, the pictures.

Lumber & drywall delivery. 2x4x10's for the flowering rooms, 2x4x10's for the rest. Starting framing, day 1.

M

micro gro

Nice! Sealed room or no CO2? Just A/C for ventilation? What nutes, strains, odor control, etc...

I just set up my own 8KW coco grow, writeup in the coco forums...
They're sealed rooms, yes. Looking forward to seeing your show.

Nutes are GH-base + few additives, CAN-150 + 12" Vortex per room.

Chose to go with 2x4's over 2x6's for ease of transport, cost, and the fact that we felt 2x6's and R-19 was unnecessary. Here goes the R-13 & electrical.

M

micro gro

And the drywall. This process SUCKED. I was very unhappy & unpopular these days but it got done, although it did take a little extra out-sourced labor which required some careful planning.

Here's the A/C condenser room. Y'all probably haven't seen much like it. Then again maybe you have... :confused:

Drywall being mudded & finished:

Doors hung:

Totes in:

Equipment in:

Compressor in:

Electrical closet:

What a mess!

M

micro gro

More of the compressor room:

Reservoir room:

Big Boy:

The DTW sump. This is a top-drip, drain-to-waste system. 60 plants per 4x8 (30 per light), drained into a single 18 gallon Rubbermaid tub which drains into the 1.5" PVC drain line put in.

Finally the plants.

M

micro gro

At the site there are two flowering rooms, an A/C compressor room, veg room, rez room, drying room, and an "office" (first room you walk into when entering the building).

(2) 18' x 18' - flowering
(1) 7' x 8' - A/C compressor
(1) 8 x 23 - Veg
(1) 7' x 12' - Reservoir
(1) 13' x 13' - Dry
(1) 12' x 20' - Office

Wayzer

SUUUUUPPPEERRRRRR nice setup....

You didnt mention the strain... Is there only one strain in there?

Good luck.... looks kick-ass

M

micro gro

Thanks. There are two strains being run, but I'd rather not get into the details of that at this time, primarily for privacy purposes.

Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback / (constructive) criticism about the room or anything else, and I will do my best to answer & address them.

Just as a WARNING: haters are not welcome here, and hateful remarks will not be tolerated.

OgreSeeker

That's pretty F'ing nice micro. Your style reminds me of someone else on here with a large grow :)
Do you use a "lung" room w/ dampers to control quality of air for both rooms? I'm considering an 8K to 12K flipper right now but I would love to see details from others that have traveled this path.
The wonderful world of flip-flops:
1. Twice the light w/ 1/2 the ballasts
2. No 12 hour spikes for the power co or LEO to see
3. Most bang for your buck (utilizing all 24 hours)

and if you use a lung room there is no need to purchase two of everything (A/C, Co2 monitor/controller, dehumidifier etc.)

Way to go man...can't wait to see these bad azz rooms rocking out 8 to 16 lbs each!!

bterzz

Veteran
Beautiful setup. I think I had a dream about this setup last night.. it may have been a little different. :)

M

micro gro

We will be running as many ballasts as are lights for simplicity, which will also allow the relays to not have to switch the extra-high voltages from the ballast output. Spikes are not a concern at this moment, and the extra cost of equipment isn't a huge concern either.

There is no "lung room", this is a classic sealed room. The air handler is in room #1, and there will be air exchanges in between room #1 and #2. The 3.5 ton A/C handles both rooms. I'm not new here (I've gone by other handles), but you're likely thinking of someone else.

OgreSeeker

We will be running as many ballasts as are lights for simplicity, which will also allow the relays to not have to switch the extra-high voltages from the ballast output. Spikes are not a concern at this moment, and the extra cost of equipment isn't a huge concern either.

There is no "lung room", this is a classic sealed room. The air handler is in room #1, and there will be air exchanges in between room #1 and #2. The 3.5 ton A/C handles both rooms. I'm not new here (I've gone by other handles), but you're likely thinking of someone else.

You said that your running a 16 light / 8k flip-flop. I'm a lil confused. Are the ballasts on standard timers and the other equipment on a flip-flop?
I plan on running two fully sealed rooms as well but they will be connected to one sealed lung room by can fans, ducting and electronic dampers.
Kinda like this...

http://www.simplyhydro.com/closed_enviroment_agriculture.htm

Thanks for taking the time to post this! I see lots and lots of hard work, dedication and time put into this project!

M

micro gro

Sorry, my misunderstanding. Yes the two rooms will be connected by dampers (14" NC) and controlled primarily by a Sentinel CHHC-1 tied to a 24VAC transformer & relay.

The ballasts are controlled by a pair of 30A relays (4 lights each) that are controlled by a single standard digital timer. Pictures of the updated electrical cabinet / board to follow soon (accidentally edited out the newer one.) Pumps are controlled by single timer + on time delay + relay, so each outlet is powered from the relay.

PharmaCan

Veteran
Nice looking work, Micro! I agree with you about hanging drywall - that's work best left to guys with protruding brows and arms that hang below their knees.

PC

M

micro gro

Thanks; here's the electrical closet / board that I promised. Starting to house the exposed relays into metal enclosures.

Before:

After:

I used a $6.50 60A non-fusible A/C kill switch box to house the SPST nute pump relay. Think I'm gonna use a small 70A breaker box to house the pair of DPDT light relays.

Each table has a 60-site top-drip manifold which is fed by a cheap 1000gph submersible pump. 1 minute watering timings were too long and caused too much run-off for the type of watering we wanted. So using a on-delay we can get timings down to 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts