What's new

My 29Gal Rubbermaid Veg!

In order to maximize my smokables, We (my wife and I) decided to go with a dedicated veg room, and decided it would be cheapest if we went the Rubbermaid route. After reading every thread with rubbermaid in it's name, I decided to go with Red's rubbermaid style, but dumming it down since I'm only going to veg and dont need a scrubber... this is what I came up with!

Dual 29Gal Rubbermaids sitting pretty on one of our dressers. We arent worried all to much about stealth as long as it's quiet as we have very few visitors, and NONE enter our bedroom.. but I do have a blanket I toss over it..
0615092235br.jpg

One of the dual exhausts.. I original planned one 80mm (unknown CFM but the faster of the two) to be the exhaust, while the second slower one (below) was to be a powered intake, but the single fan wasnt strong enough to cool the tubs, so I flipped the second, and made it exhaust as well, now it has no problem staying temp controlled. Also pictured is the 2 cords (one 120v and one running to a 12vdc converter) that power the box.
0615092236r.jpg

Second Exhaust fan, as well as dual 3" passive intakes
0615092236br.jpg

A Sneak Peak of what's to come ;)
0615092238r.jpg

Popped the top, looks like a mini forest of future delicious treats
0615092239ar.jpg

Picture of the Lighting/Electrical. I just used aluminum tape to hold all the wires down.. Pictured is a CanadianTire 3 socket Vanity Bar ($8.99 CAD) being held in place with LePage No More Nails and 3 dual socket splitters. Bulbs are 4x 23w Phillips Daylight, and 2x unknown brand 26w soft whites. The insides of the tubs are painted with Krylon Fusion Satin Black & Satin White (3 Can's black, 2 white) for reflectivity and to get rid of the notorious "rubbermaid glow", and it works beautifully! Edges are lined with 3/8" x 3/8" weather stripping to make it even more light sealed and more solid in it's footing when closed.
0615092249r.jpg

Check out my current grow in my sig for more details on plants and my grow! Happy to hear any feedback anyone has.

maledar

Wow looks really nice I have something like yours in mind (Not anywhere near as crafty and neat) but only for two plants so I kept re-reading but couldn't figure out how did you wire the 80mm fans? I want to get them but don't want to wire a PSU like my other box....

maledar: They are two 80mm dc computer fans.. type every pc has. Got a couple used and a used 12vdc adapter (this was a for a radioshack clock-radio, but any 12v one will work) and wired the two together. It's super easy to do, cost me a total of $2 and I used a steak knife to cut/strip the wires lol duct taped it up & good to go!

maledar

maledar: They are two 80mm dc computer fans.. type every pc has. Got a couple used and a used 12vdc adapter (this was a for a radioshack clock-radio, but any 12v one will work) and wired the two together. It's super easy to do, cost me a total of $2 and I used a steak knife to cut/strip the wires lol duct taped it up & good to go!

You know I kept thinking that's how it was but I kept thinking (it sounds too simple...) Many thanks I actually have a 12v lying around now I just need to buy the fans many thanks

L

LJB

Those vanity bars are designed almost perfectly to be used this way.

Bravo on the design!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
way to pimp the rubber amigo! gotta love canadian tire. ;). one question. i recently tried to spray paint the inside of a rubber maid and upon drying the paint immediatly began to crack, thus ruining my intended use. how do you get it to stay nice and smooth?