What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

It's that time again, the Medi-Cab is back up and running after taking a few weeks off since our last harvest (see our first grow by following the link in my sig line). We are once again doing an organic soil run, this time with 6 total girls from clone.

The soil recipe we used is as follows. It was combined and mixed well in a large Rubbermaid tub for a total of about 25 gallons of medium:

6 parts Sunshine Mix #4
2 parts chunky perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 1 cups per cubic foot of the soil mix

Dry Ferts (per cubic foot of soil mix):
1/2 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup Jersey Greensand

All dry ferts were added to the soil mix and then the entire mix was stirred thoroughly. After stirring, the mix was whetted with a solution consisting of 1 tablespoon of Liquid Karma, 1/4 teaspoon Mycogrow Mycorrhizal fungi in one gallon of water.

For those who are new to our grow, we're using a 250w HPS in our flower room. We have a veg room in our cab as well (125w CFL), but we're STILL not using it because we didn't install the light traps between the rooms as we were supposed to do (a combo of timing and laziness). I actually want to do something different for the light trap (a dark room vent) between these two rooms, so it's going to require more work than I orignally had planned for. Hopefully we'll have that side up and running before our next run!

This run we're doing the below strains. This wasn't what we planned, but there were some issues getting the exact clones I ordered from my caregiver, so this is what we ended up with. I'm just as excited though, because we still have 2 of the Bubblicious, and we picked up not only White Rhino, but a strain I'd never heard of before and one I'm excited to run (originally we planned on White Widow and Bubblicious). If anyone knows more about the Royal Hawaiian, please feel free to chime in because we'd love to know more.

3 Royal Hawaiian
1 White Rhino
2 Bubblicious

We brought them home and immediately transplanted them into our soil mix. As they are already established clones, we put them into a ferted mix right away rather than putting them into a non-ferted mix. The soil mix was still damp, so we didn't water them until they had been under the 250 for a few hours, and even then we only watered them a small amount right over the root ball; we'll be watering them more thoroughly today. So they've been vegging in the flower room under the 250 on a 20-4 cycle since 6/13. We'll let them establish themselves for a few weeks and then we'll switch to 12/12 (we'll be switching for sure by July 1 regardless). All but the Bubblicious girls are fairly tall already, so we don't want them to get too tall before we switch to flower. Hopefully they'll bush out more instead of stretching.

One other note: this time we're using a 3 gallon, cloth Smart Pot for each plant. Last time we used 5 gallon Air Pots with great success, but 4 AP's of this size is the max we can fit in the flower room and we wanted to run 6 plants, not 4, so we went with the smaller SP's. They're also supposed to allow air pruning of the roots, similar to the AP's, so hopefully we'll have good success with these.

This time around I think we're going to try and let the plants grow as nature intended, which means little to no LST. We did lots of LST last time, but I want to see what these will do without it. We may have to do some depending on how tall these Royal Hawaiian's get, but we'll see.

We're hoping for a larger yield this time (per plant) than what we got last time, while still retaining the great quality, so wish us luck! If there's anything I left out, please let me know and I'll update it in a new post. Feel free to jump in and join us!

As you'll see in the pictures, only the Bubblicious are looking particularly healthy, the others are all a little ragtag. The biggest reason for this is because they were too big for their containers prior to our transplant; hopefully they'll spring back soon. On to the pics:

Barbie (Bubblicious), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Beth (Bubblicious), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Rhonda (Royal Hawaiian), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Rosy (Royal Hawaiian), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Ruby (Royal Hawaiian), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Wilma (White Rhino), just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

Group shot, just transplanted (6 13 09)

picture.php

K.J

Veteran
I have grown out some bubblisious and you will be happy nice fruity taste.

Thanks for stopping by! I have actually tried the medicine produced from this same mother, and if ours ends up anything like it, we'll be very satisfied indeed.

C

Cozy Amnesia

You're sure to grow some nice buds with those pretty ladies. Hows the bud from your last grow treating you? All I got left is resin. :frown:

K.J

Veteran
You're sure to grow some nice buds with those pretty ladies. Hows the bud from your last grow treating you? All I got left is resin. :frown:

Haha...it's treating me so well that Petunia is nearly gone! I reach for her about 80% of the time, even with 7 other strains on hand.

K.J

Veteran
Banjo and BorkBork: Glad to have familiar faces along for the ride. Thanks for sticking with us!

luv2garden

Nice Line up!!

Nice Line up!!

KJ,

Just checking in brotha and looks like you have a nice mix of girls going there.

Should be a nice yield with 6 girls with nice potency and fruity flavors.

You're going to be locked to the couch after these are done. I know I can't finish a joint of my Bogbubble.

:lurk:

L2G

T

teerull

:lurk: You'll have my support!

cannot wait till they get bigger!

best of luck,
T:joint:

K.J

Veteran
luv2garden and teerull: Danke, danke...glad to have you back on board. :joint: Just about to go check on the girls; lights on in 15.

feltonmuggs

K.J I think I'll pull up my first chair and have a seat right here.
Great choice of soil mix.

Q's - Did you get your clones from a dispensary? If so, who was it and do you recommend any dispensaries in Colo?

Grow good!

Vertimnus

Lookin good man! Just officially joined recently but watched the last bit of your previous grow and will definitely stick around to watch this one. keep it up. can't wait to see more!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Lookin fantastic :yes: Sadly my bubblelicious seeds didn't seem to arrive so it looks like I might be revegging the Pure or running some old seed crosses. Looking forward to the grow anyway! Did you realise your last thread is the 6th most replied to thread on the micro forum? Rock on~

Latest posts

Latest posts