What's new

Cardboard - Stealth

Lord Doobie

Hi there roomies :joint:

Anyone ever make a stealthy cardboard grow box? :yoinks: I'm thinking about it as my next project.

Now, before you go mental, I'm planning on lining it with plywood for strength. So you see, it just looks like it's a cardboard box stacked with others. Heck...I may even line it with sound board or even foam board. :yeahthats

Any experience, techniques, or links out there to help make it super stealth?

Thx :laughing:

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was about to say, haven't we been here before?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
This one seems a little different, He is trying to disguise his grow as a cardboard box not actually grow in one. One of my friends made a secret room in his cellar, cut several cardboard boxes and glued them to a piece of plywood effectively making his entrance door look like a stack of boxes in storage.

Lord Doobie

Oh dear...they were already mental

yes...this is more about stealth for this project
aerohead...that's an interesting idea

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not mental just bad memories. I actually like the idea, especially if you use the mylar lined insulation inside. The box could blend in very well.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
cut several cardboard boxes and glued them to a piece of plywood effectively making his entrance door look like a stack of boxes in storage.

That's ingenious!

Doobie, it sounds like a good idea to me. I mean, the flames would have to burn through wood to get to the cardboard, so I'm thinking if things get that bad, the fact that you used cardboard outside is not gonna matter much.

I was thinking about it and you could build the wooden box and then cut the cardboard box subtly so you can slide in the wooden one so all the air holes align, then fold up the doors of the cardboard box. Would sure make sealing light around doors easier.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
This one seems a little different, He is trying to disguise his grow as a cardboard box not actually grow in one.

Yes. Reading comprehension for the win!

It's a pretty good idea... just skin your wooden cabinet in some cut-down boxes. Reflectix on the interior and it's an instant stealth box for a garage/storeroom/attic.

I like the thought.

-s

T

theratings

Haha, I've never seen a box stealth like that. It's a solid idea though, I've seen people obscure grow things in a stealth set up with cardboard boxes and pieces.

Lord Doobie

hur-ray hur-ray hur-ray! step right up! yes, folks...it's a regular grow box inside a cardboard box for stealth...disguising the box is what it's all about...

now with a larger grow box like a wardrobe, you could make it look like a bookcase with fake books attached to the front...with a front door that swings open

but for this project, I'm sticking to my cardbaord box with it's commercial print on it...and just lining it with plywood

the front is actually the seamless side...and I enter thru the side which was actually the front...heh heh

heretik

It's a solid idea. The original NGB cab, according to what I remember of the article when it was Overgrow, was designed to fit inside a large TV box (36" conventional TV if I remember correctly). Of course, when NGB did that it was primarily for moving the box, i.e. you just slip it into a TV box and no one is the wiser as it just looks like you are moving a TV, but I don't see why you couldn't just skin your cab with a large appliance box which would allow it to blend in with other storage items in the garage.

I say go for it!

Last edited:

Lord Doobie

Thanks to 0p0rat0r, I've expanded this idea.

Previously, I was thinking one big cardboard box that was lined with plywood.
While this is still OK, big boxes seem to lose their stealth and are rare.
Instead, make a cab and slide cardboard storage boxes over it.
Put a real box on top should someone decide to look...put some dirty underwear in it...complete with skid marks

Latest posts

Latest posts