What's new

Dad uses "shock collar" on his kids

NOKUY

Veteran
what a fuckhead! :wallbash:

....he did it "for fun"

...lets put him in the electric chair for fun

SALEM, Ore. — A father was accused of using a dog shock collar on his four children. Salem Police Lt. Dave Okada said the 41-year-old man was jailed Tuesday on charges of criminal mistreatment. He said the father acknowledged putting the electronic dog collar on his four children and shocking all of them at least once.

According to Okada, the father didn't do it as a punishment. Rather, he thought it was funny.

The children, all younger than 10, are in the custody of their mother.

The case has been referred to state Department of Human Services.

Illadelph

#1 If they don't want children shocked with it, why is it okay for a dog?
#2 It doesnt sound like he did it in a sadistic way, for all we know they could have all been laughing about it. (the kids and all)
#3where is the link to the original article?

NOKUY

Veteran
#1 If they don't want children shocked with it, why is it okay for a dog?
#2 It doesnt sound like he did it in a sadistic way, for all we know they could have all been laughing about it. (the kids and all)
#3where is the link to the original article?

i dont agree w/ shocking dogs

the news story is all over the news and internet...but heres 1 link:
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20090506/NEWS/905060441/1001

Father uses dog collar to shock kids
The Salem man faces four charges of mistreatment
By Stacey Barchenger • Statesman Journal

May 6, 2009
By Stacey Barchenger • Statesman Journal • May 6, 2009

A Salem man was arrested Tuesday for putting an electric dog collar on each of his four children and shocking them.

Todd Marcum, 41, said he did it "because he thought it was funny," Salem Police Lt. Dave Okada said.

The four children, ages 3, 6, 8 and 9, had been shocked while wearing the collar at least once, according to a statement from their father, Okada said.

Marcum told police that he would chase the 3-year-old boy around with the collar, making him cry at the thought of being shocked. Okada said that because of the boy's behavior, it is likely that the children were shocked more than once.

Oregon Department of Human Services workers on Tuesday summoned police to Marcum's Salem home.

Marcum was taken into custody on four charges of first-degree criminal mistreatment. He is in the Marion County jail.

The four children were left in the custody of their mother, Okada said. The case has been handed over to DHS.

Dog shock collars are used in training and to control barking, said John Seroczynski, the national sales manager for D.T. Systems.

The Dallas, Texas, company manufactures the electronic collars.

It is unknown whether the collar used on the children was made by D.T. Systems.

"There's not one collar made today that can actually burn a dog or a person," Seroczynski said.

Most collars are powered by a 9-volt battery and don't produce a large enough shock to injure a person, he said. Seroczynski said it was not likely that the children were seriously injured.

"He definitely would not have hurt them to the point that it would have damaged any organs or caused them to be hospitalized," he said.

The charge of one collar is less powerful than that of a Taser, such as the kind used by police, he said.

Seroczynski said the collars are not to be used on humans.

"Regardless of what your kids are like, it's sure not going to cure any behavioral problems," he said. "Bottom line is, what he did was dead wrong."

[email protected] or (503) 399-6610

Illadelph

ya, if he was chasin the 3 yr old around with it making him cry like the article said, than that sounds messed up. Sounds like something typical that siblings would do to eachother, but not usually a parent to their child. But I dont think that it means that he doesnt love his kids or anything like that. Not excusing what he might have done, he probably should have used his better judgement.

I didn't think you did beleive in shocking dogs, hope it didnt sound like thats what i was saying.

I guess I have mixed feelings about this story.

C6H6

i see no problem here my dad told me after i had a filling to bite down on aluminium foil.
shit parents need to have fun at the expense of their children at least a few times. IMO kids need to be knocked in the head many many times before they get to highschool weather that be an electric dog coller or a slap across the face it doesn't really matter. Builds character!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
At first I laughed, but thats kinda fucked up tho. I dont know what shocking a kid could do to there minds and bodies at a developmental stage, I dont think he knows either so he shouldnt uh dun that shit. Theres plenty of other ways to woop some character into your kids without zappin um. Unless hes a doctor and knows for a fact it wont do any permanent damage to them then hes in the wrong.

808kahumai

There are some sick and twisted people out there. If he didn't respond to the little voice inside his head saying that he shouldn't do that, what else has he done without thinking?!!!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Perhaps justice could swiftly and fairly be served on this child abuser by the courts passing a sentance where-by an electric cattle prod could be inserted (without the aid of a lubricant) into the perpetrators rectal cavity and switched on and off a few times.....

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Perhaps justice could swiftly and fairly be served on this child abuser by the courts passing a sentance where-by an electric cattle prod could be inserted (without the aid of a lubricant) into the perpetrators rectal cavity and switched on and off a few times.....

Ahh, Gypsy, if only the punishment could fit the crime. Unfortunately, we punish victimless criminals here and let the bad guys do probation. Fuct up but that's the way it works.

I do think that this guy needs a taste of his own medicine. And believe me, if the guys in the pen get wind of what he did, he will be making dresses for bubba soon enough. Cons dont like folks fucking with kids. I know that most of the cats in prison would have a blast punishing that guy while the C.Os look the other way. Some crimes are not excusable by even the hardest criminals. Fucking with children will get you a different position for sure. Most go in to the pen as a tight end, but leave a wide reciever.

Sorry, but I have a soft spot for children and feel like personally punishing shitheads that hurt kids. And I probably would if I could get away with it.

ben ttech

its downright criminal that the news fails to report WHAT church these miscreant were regularly attending...

ben ttech

NO MATTER what your guilty of...
nobody deserves prison as we allow them to be run today...

a motherfocker like this stroke probably don't attend.

it aint a matter of attendance...
it the objective notice of WHERE they will point when asked "Wheres true north?"

or "whats the Right think to do???"

the guilty are HEAVY HANDED more than not...
eager to prothlitize their explainations of why certain INhumanities are liscensed...

C

Cookie monster

NO MATTER what your guilty of...
nobody deserves prison as we allow them to be run today....

What??? rapists kiddie ,fiddlers, and the rest of the pure scum like that dont belong in jail, they have it too good if you ask me.

Jail for the dog collar guy is a bit extreme he should be denien access to the kids until he can prove he is a responsible parent.

D

DogBoy

They should try him by judge judy and give the kids the collar when he testifies, every time he lies he gets his just desserts and everyone gets to humiliate him by laughing their tits off. Timeless repeats will be his longterm punishment.

See, judge judy does have entertainment value after all.

C

Cookie monster

Dogboy you want to come over here and be minister for justice as mr burns would say " i like the cut of your jib".

Great idea man.

D

DogBoy

god no! I'm so politcally incorrect i even offend myself. You really dont want me dispensing 'justice'. I'd be subject to a coup before lunch recess and hung by 2pm!

My last interaction with a judge resulted in me calling him a twat and getting me some nasty repurcusions.

C

Cookie monster

Nah bro your just what we need our all knowing justice minister has resurrected some outdated blasphemy law.

Pretty soon were going to rename the place irelandistan.

D

DogBoy

I will consider myself conscripted then, i doubt i could ever willing work for the 'Justice' system so i accept your conscription instead. From now on i will be available to preside over all disputes relating to canna.

I'll even do it in a smarmy, condescending accent if you guys want that Judge Judy feel.

madrecinco

Veteran
i see no problem here my dad told me after i had a filling to bite down on aluminium foil.
shit parents need to have fun at the expense of their children at least a few times. IMO kids need to be knocked in the head many many times before they get to highschool weather that be an electric dog coller or a slap across the face it doesn't really matter. Builds character!

You apparantly are ignorant and uneducated and hope you don't have kids you abuse. This is WTF teaches violence. We had a 21 year old arrested here this week for slamming his GF baby on the concrete and then taking the baby for a ride and throwing the infant out on the freeway. The baby is DEAD and the Detention Deputies are having to protect him from other inmates killing him over it.

But the news said the kid had a HX history of being beat by his mother and at 14 he was stabbed in the neck by her. This is LEARNED BEHAVIOR and he was full of RAGE. The little baby paid for that RAGE.

Don't teach your children violent and abusive behavior and take a parenting class to learn more.

Latest posts

Latest posts