What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

additive to stop stretch?

Y

yamaha_1fan

I forget what its called. I need something to stop my girls from stretching in 12/12. They are in day 4 now, and I believe some vegged too long

Ms Carter

No other product in marijuana growing history is as effective at what it is ment to do as Bushmaster is. Some people hate it, some people love it, but it does exactly what it says it does. It will hault your plants in their tracks. Some people say it reduces trichome production (which I think is horse shit), but it does cause some minor deficiencies in your plants.

Bushmasters, but by the time you get it, it will be too late. Also if you do get this stuff be very carefull as it can ruin your grow if not given in the right amounts or the right time. I tried it and will never use it again.

S

sparkjumper

I'd keep my lamps as close as possible to the tops to help reduce stretch,its about all you can do

Bushmaster - Humboldt nutrients.

Great stuff, pretty much stops vertical growth all together. Works a trick for me... each strain is different.. so I've always added just a tiny little amount (about half of what it says to add) and had no problems. Works just like it describes. You can use it up through the second week of flower, and if you don't over do it, its imossible to ruin your grow or your plants. Good luck mate!
Highly recommended.

JohnnyToke

on strains that I have already cloned and completed a grow on, I know the stretch tendecies for that plant and if stretching is a problem, I use a MH bulb the first 2-3 weeks of flower to hold down stretch then swap to hps to finish. it's the only thing that I found that works without compromising my grow.

regards,
JT

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
i prefer phosphoload over bushmaster, bushmaster has fucked up various crops if u dont know how to dose it.. phosphoload will stop em n make em fat aswell:joint:

i prefer none of the above but you gotta do what u gotta do, the phosphoload has worked on the haze for years and that bitch can stretch for weeks!

the store will have both of those in stock, they stopped shipping phosphoload into the states or stopped its production not certain which but theres one specific store i know which bought all the pallets of it that they can find :joint:

Row

Hey yamaha

http://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=22050

Rain works Mega Bud will stop them almost straight away and make them fat to, its very similar to phosphoload which i have also heard good things about, but the guy that recomended mega bud to me said hed tried both and the mega bud worked better, i have only used the mega bud so all i can say is that it works wonders.

The thing you have to be careful of is that there is definitely enough plant mater and bud sights there cause this stuff will stop them dead.

Use 1ml max per gal, it says 4ml on the bottle for soil (iv not used it in hydro) but it will turn the hairs red and make them look like they are finishing to early if you use lots.

Also it says to use it every other watering but used once is plenty and stops them. Just go easy on this or phosphoload in my opinion they are powerful additives

Row

whodi

Veteran
Nice yamz.. i remember when you used to want the plants to stretch good and nice.. now you need'em to calm down :D

i'd go with asher's advice or tie'em

KottonmouthLabs

I just used Rainworks Mega Bud and it stopped all vert growth in my stretchy Blueberry Sativa pheno and stacked nugs a week 3 like it was week 6. Best shit I have ever used to stop vert. growth and stack nugs. WAY BETTER then Bushmaster. I used only .5 ml per gallon and it ROCKED!
Check my link the blueberry pics was hit with MegaBud last week and they blew up!

asher1er

Veteran
i dont remember what the phosphoload label says id have to dig some out but i know for a fact i always used it at 2ml a gal and ran it for 5 days you can hit em a bit higher in dosage but id cut my nutes down a bit:joint:

Row

What greenhead says is very true, its actually quite amazing what a difference same day night temps make, i only tried it in veg 75-78 day 75-78 night (as the room was small enough to heat to 75 with out it using to much juice) but they sure did have tight node spacing.

In flower i always try to have 83-85 day temp and never go below 73 75, they still stretch but the nodes are definitely closer than when i had cooler nights.

Row

T

Teeg420

what about advanced nutrients bud blood. I have not used it but is it the same thing as phosphoload? If your reusing your media its not a good idea to use BM.

Latest posts

Latest posts